Anyone experiencing extra delay for delivery prep at dealership?

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thinking I will make sure they do not wash, clean, or try and remove glue. I can then take it to detailer for cleaning and coating. Did this for my Jeep and came out great.
I definitely don't want them to wash it. I don't want to risk swirl marks. That's a good idea. I know a good detailer that did a ceramic coating on my pillars on my current BS.
Sponsored

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
FWIW my dealer, “KING FORD of Murphy NC”,,,, ok I got a plug in he he~~
Anyway the day that I took delivery they gave me a full tank of gas !
Our dealer in Kernersville, NC did a very good job cleaning our BS & also gave us a full tank of gas.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wouldn't put that much confidence into their 'inspection'. Mine was delivered with damage to the front bumper. It's more of a "lets get this car washed and out of here" versus a "lets so a 150-point inspection on this before the customer gets it" kind of thing.

As far as a 'factory quality check' I'll bet $100 anyone on here can do a better 'factory quality check' than any porter at a dealer.
Mehhh would put that on the particular worker who did that work and possibly the dealership but not everywhere has poor integrity.

Details are many!

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Mehhh would put that on the particular worker who did that work and possibly the dealership but not everywhere has poor integrity.

Details are many!
In that case, maybe, but I still don't believe they are doing 150-point inspections.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
In that case, maybe, but I still don't believe they are doing 150-point inspections.
Does it run, is it in one piece, will it drive off the lot, if so send it...

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I grew up in a Mopar Family.
Then for a decade I was into Camaro’s
I’ve purchased four Toyotas all from different dealers.
Never Would again set foot on the property of three because they didn’t have good salesman, they had clowns that tried to rape every customer that came in. They weren’t smart enough to know that some of us old farts knew the game.
Up until I got hooked on Fords we beat those sales monkeys to death. I got thrown out of the new car sales managers office, I was seconds from signing the deal, they lost $32,000 But I got to make a fool of the head clown infront of his subordinates, a real crook.
What did he do you ask ? Tried to convince me I needed to give him an extra $400 to insure my steel wheels against road hazard. Umm they cost new over in parts $89 each.
I made sure all the customers in the building heard HIM when he lost it. Poor simple stupid man, crooks always are.
oh buy the way he started with a $200 paid in advance warranty on the AM/FM CD player. But it did cost at the parts counter $259…. LoL
The bottom line was always a minimum of $3,000 below sticker before trade. Or I’d walk.
I walked many times.
Then I set foot on my first Ford dealer lot. Brandon Ford In Florida. And Met a professional car salesman by the name of J C Clements.
I bought three from him over time. Then he saved my brother $12,000 on a real nice new F-150.
My brother was about to sign for a truck at another dealer I stopped him and made him meet me at Brandon Ford and talk to a pro, J C. He brought in two of his friends. My point to all this?
Aw Hell I forgot.
Brandon Ford in Fla and
King Ford here In NC
Both A+ Top shelf outfits,
So if you don’t like your dealer leave and find a better one.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE