Anyone experiencing extra delay for delivery prep at dealership?

Shanny31

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lease Ford Ecosport, waiting on Bronco Sport OB
I've been told by my dealership that my OB will be here on the 20th of this month. However, the dealership just alerted me that they've been missing more than half of their staff for the last 3 weeks due to the virus surge, and many new cars that have arrived on the lot, pre-ordered, have been sitting for one week+ as they await processing that include check-in, inspection, and emissions. Has anyone else experienced this kind of "extra" delay once their vehicles arrive at a dealership?
Sponsored

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
Their reason makes perfect sense.

Other people may not have if their dealers have not had the same issues with staffing.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I've been told by my dealership that my OB will be here on the 20th of this month. However, the dealership just alerted me that they've been missing more than half of their staff for the last 3 weeks due to the virus surge, and many new cars that have arrived on the lot, pre-ordered, have been sitting for one week+ as they await processing that include check-in, inspection, and emissions. Has anyone else experienced this kind of "extra" delay once their vehicles arrive at a dealership?
I had to wait just over a week once my Badlands was delivered since the dealership also had to add some dealer installed options to it. Dealer prep also includes removing all of the shipping protective film and washing and waxing the vehicle for delivery to you. All of this requires time for the staff to perform, and if they are short staffed in the service department, then any incoming new cars are going to take a back seat to any other vehicles that they have in for repairs - which is where they make their most money.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I'm believing the dealer. Staffing is killing everyone. It's worth the wait, you will love your OB.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
You're cute.

Second, that makes sense to an extent, though, bigger dealers have someone solely (porter) to do new car prep/wash, etc ... so it's not like they are pulling someone from maintenance/repair.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
a pre delivery inspection has to be completed. Trust me you want it to be done. It’s also a factory quality check

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
a pre delivery inspection has to be completed. Trust me you want it to be done. It’s also a factory quality check
I wouldn't put that much confidence into their 'inspection'. Mine was delivered with damage to the front bumper. It's more of a "lets get this car washed and out of here" versus a "lets so a 150-point inspection on this before the customer gets it" kind of thing.

As far as a 'factory quality check' I'll bet $100 anyone on here can do a better 'factory quality check' than any porter at a dealer.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I wouldn't put that much confidence into their 'inspection'. Mine was delivered with damage to the front bumper. It's more of a "lets get this car washed and out of here" versus a "lets so a 150-point inspection on this before the customer gets it" kind of thing.

As far as a 'factory quality check' I'll bet $100 anyone on here can do a better 'factory quality check' than any porter at a dealer.
I didn’t say all dealers were created equal

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
They are also shipped without fluids, so the in service inspection also tops the fluids off.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
They are also shipped without fluids, so the in service inspection also tops the fluids off.
Dude, that's interesting. I had no idea they didn't have fluids.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Shipped without what fluids?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Oil, brake, coolant... all fluids are at the bare minimum during transport. It's a safety thing.
Mine was low on washer fluid with low washer fluid light on in dash. So I topped it off light went off so no biggie....

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I wouldn't put that much confidence into their 'inspection'.
Inspection is does this look good enough for buyer to sign? If not can we get buyer to inspect at night and hope they don't see stuff.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Oil, brake, coolant... all fluids are at the bare minimum during transport. It's a safety thing.
They do not ship without fluids. What is bare minimum as opposed to normal operating level?
Sponsored