Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I’m pretty sure this was never covered by Ford under warranty. The dealer may have picked it up for some but I doubt Ford covered them. This was not a bad part. They stopped shipping them as part of the product. No one got one delivered since early 22.
Hmm interesting. I could've swore I read that a few on here had their covered under warranty. But maby not. Disappointing nonetheless that I'm spending even more money to complete the build, but I'm already committed. :confused:
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Hmm interesting. I could've swore I read that a few on here had their covered under warranty. But maby not. Disappointing nonetheless that I'm spending even more money to complete the build, but I'm already committed. :confused:
That you did. Mine was covered under warranty in May. I don’t know the reasons, but I’m speculating a parts shortage on the dash panel. As it isn’t highly visible, Ford decided to ship without. Something they couldn’t get away with the Ford blue ovals. Can’t ship vehicles without the Ford logo/trademark. Honestly, if I were picking mine up this month and it wasn’t under wareanty, I’d request a $100.00 discount to the purchase price. Yeah, I know the part is only half that, but I’m going through the hassle of ordering it, paying for it, picking it up and installing it. Parts, labor and an inconvenience fee (for having to do it myself). Seems fair to me.

As an FYI, I find there is a sound difference with the panel on. Not huge, but noticeable.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Mine was covered under warranty. Took one phone call to Ford customer service. Ford authorized my dealer to order it and install.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Mine was covered under warranty. Took one phone call to Ford customer service. Ford authorized my dealer to order it and install.
Wonder if I need to call Ford myself and make the arrangements?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
That you did. Mine was covered under warranty in May. I don’t know the reasons, but I’m speculating a parts shortage on the dash panel. As it isn’t highly visible, Ford decided to ship without. Something they couldn’t get away with the Ford blue ovals. Can’t ship vehicles without the Ford logo/trademark. Honestly, if I were picking mine up this month and it wasn’t under wareanty, I’d request a $100.00 discount to the purchase price. Yeah, I know the part is only half that, but I’m going through the hassle of ordering it, paying for it, picking it up and installing it. Parts, labor and an inconvenience fee (for having to do it myself). Seems fair to me.

As an FYI, I find there is a sound difference with the panel on. Not huge, but noticeable.
I'm hoping this panel will help minimize the rattling I hear under the front passenger dash. It's rather annoying while driving and I hear a rattle over my music on 15+ 😅

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Many had their dealer add it for free under “warranty “. All I’m saying is it hasn’t been shipped in a vehicle since early 22 as far as I have heard. My panel was made in April so it should not be a part shortage for everyone. Just my opinion. I’m sure for 40, Ford corporate would approve it. We do this all the time. Something out of warranty approved but not really under warranty.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Honestly, I heard no difference but then I think the standard radio sounds just fine so that needs to be taken into account!

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Yes, call Ford, (800) 392-3673
This whole ordeal is becoming much more complicated then it needs to be. My dealership has had the part for a little over 2 weeks now and haven't heard much of anything. I got in touch with ford directly and was told they were looking into it and would get back to me. I get a call yesterday from a Ford Rep that was looking into it, put me on hold for a bit and was told that I needed to take it back to the dealership and have them look into it and get it fixed up.

Here I am at the dealership for over an hour and not much has been accomplished. I pretty much just walked out.

The whole reason was I contacted ford is because I've already been waiting over 3 weeks for this and still waiting.... I'm at a loss for words.....

Really frustrating honestly. Not what I was expecting when trying to get a freaking panel.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
If the panel is available now at your dealer just get it yourself and install at home, it just snaps into place.

In my case the Ford CSR actually made a service appointment for me with the dealer. The service writer pulled the panel from inventory and installed it for me. No charge for the panel as a warranty item.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
If the panel is available now at your dealer just get it yourself and install at home, it just snaps into place.

In my case the Ford CSR actually made a service appointment for me with the dealer. The service writer pulled the panel from inventory and installed it for me.
I could've done that the first time and installed it myself, but didn't want to pay the $40 for something that could've easily been warrantied. The fact that I would have to pay $40 for the panel itself, because my dealer was too lazy to actually follow up with a warranty workup, infuriates me. I just bought a $45,000 vehicle and made sure it was noted it at time of delivery. My dealer has always done right by me, but this entire experience just sours the entire relationship overall.

At this point, I've wasted enough time between chatting with Ford, and my dealership multiple times that paying the $40 to begin with would've saved me money...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I could've done that the first time and installed it myself, but didn't want to pay the $40 for something that could've easily been warrantied. The fact that I would have to pay $40 for the panel itself, because my dealer was too lazy to actually follow up with a warranty workup, infuriates me. I just bought a $45,000 vehicle and made sure it was noted it at time of delivery. My dealer has always done right by me, but this entire experience just sours the entire relationship overall.

At this point, I've wasted enough time between chatting with Ford, and my dealership multiple times that paying the $40 to begin with would've saved me money...
So it was noted at purchase but dealer bozos just want to jerk you around even though they ordered it and have it in stock?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
So it was noted at purchase but dealer bozos just want to jerk you around even though they ordered it and have it in stock?
Ya, I actually held the panel in my hands 3 weeks ago. Opened the box and everything to confirm the part with them. But, I can't have it unless either I or Ford pays for it, which is to be expected. But since my dealership just kinda sat on it for 3 weeks doing nothing, I had to go in today at direction of Ford and waste an hour+ of my time only for them to tell me they haven't gotten it taken care of yet to make sure it can be warrantied. So I have to go back "again" to have them "install" it themselves if warrantied, which is fine. But I expected this to be done 3 weeks ago....

All of the techs, and service people are under the impression that if it didn't ship with the vehicle, it's no longer included therefor if I want it, "I" pay for it.

I don't want to say that I shouldn't have accepted the vehicle before the parts were included, but short term they could've just sold the vehicle from under me and the next owner probably wouldn't have noticed it, if I did not accept the vehicle at the time.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
22 OB, built 12/23/21, looks just like the picture in Post #1.
Likely a container full of them stacked up somewhere in CA.

The folks over on Bronco6G have a "list" of blown 2.7L engines.

Maybe we need to start one on "eliminated" parts for the BS.
1. engine cover
2. engine running light on stop/start button
3. folding rear seat head rests
4. temp setting on temp dials
5. pax side under dash cover
6. towing eye (if you DON'T have OEM factory installed tow pkg)
Towing Eye Location (If Equipped) E265227 The towing eye is in the spare wheel storage tray. If your vehicle does not have a towing eye, one can be purchased at your dealer. Note: You must carry the towing eye in your vehicle at all times. Pg 266 of 2022 owners manual
folding rear seat head rests after calling Ford they said it's not on the list for my bronco VIN # I did get the panel for the passger side from the dealer no cost to me

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
folding rear seat head rests after calling Ford they said it's not on the list for my bronco VIN # I did get the panel for the passger side from the dealer no cost to me
I've posted elsewhere about the headrests, but FWIW we were able to get them (for free) but only after a lot of back and forth between the dealer and Ford.

One point I made was that if the folding headrests were truly deleted -- and not a victim of supply chain issues -- there would be a place to store the fixed headrests. Our 1997 RAV4 has holes in the back of the seat bases, so that the holes are facing up when the seats are folded up -- the headrest posts can be inserted into those holes.

Why doesn't the BS have holes like that? Are owners supposed to toss the head restraints onto the floor?

Keep pushing.
Sponsored