ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I use a ceramic wax meant for wet application; I find it easier to do as I dry the vehicle. Roof is the hardest for me due to the basket and having to squeeze my hands and forearms thru it.
Sponsored

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Applied DP GR4 Graphene coating this past weekend. Drve in first rain yesterday, and works great. Bought it from Autogeek.

Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? 20210919_140033
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? 20210919_135934
Ceramic should really bring out the metallic in the Kodiak Brown.

Deleted member 6568

I've put this stuff on 2 2021 Ford Ranger 4X4s. A 40,000 Subaru Outback. And now the Badlands. There is no better value for $15. And I swore off TW products in the seventies! This stuff lasts and lasts!
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? 41909d00-9d25-4acf-bd6b-fbea7a304e40.cea013380c39e784401625226aa452da
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? E14B854B-1F50-411F-8E75-54293833CCB1 2
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? IMG_6846
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? IMG_6864

Deleted member 6568

Picture 3 is the hood of MY Ranger(son in law bought one too), that I ended up selling back to the dealer for more than I paid for it(the pandemic effect of driving up used car prices). I put 13,000 miles on it in 9 months!

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I have had good results with TW ICE synthetic polish. It can be used on all the exterior surfaces and gives a mirror shine. I believe that they are phasing out the ICE line for the ceramic. Once I run through my ICE stash, I will switch to the ceramic after seeing this post.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I've put this stuff on 2 2021 Ford Ranger 4X4s. A 40,000 Subaru Outback. And now the Badlands. There is no better value for $15. And I swore off TW products in the seventies! This stuff lasts and lasts!
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? 41909d00-9d25-4acf-bd6b-fbea7a304e40.cea013380c39e784401625226aa452da
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? E14B854B-1F50-411F-8E75-54293833CCB1 2
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? IMG_6846
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? IMG_6864
Yep, I use the same. Rain beads up and rolls off nice.......

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Yep er sure did get her a ceramic coating, but I had mines done by a Detail guy, Luv it
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? D3124932-F043-4495-A32F-9694944AC759
Ford Bronco Sport Anybody else use ceramic coatings? 4047C64B-25A1-4B69-89D5-FFCE29549C1E

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I had my Cactus Gray Bronco Sport ceramic coated by a professional detail shop in the first week of ownership. Took them all day to wash, clay wax, and apply the coating. They told me to avoid automatic car washes and the coating should be good for 4-5 years.
I can honestly say that my Bronco really shines, even when it needs to be washed. Seems like very little dirt sticks anywhere but the back hatch. When I do wash it, I only spray soapy water on it and hose it off with clean water. When I picked it up it appeared that they also coated the tires and rims.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
I had my Cactus Gray Bronco Sport ceramic coated by a professional detail shop in the first week of ownership. Took them all day to wash, clay wax, and apply the coating. They told me to avoid automatic car washes and the coating should be good for 4-5 years.
I can honestly say that my Bronco really shines, even when it needs to be washed. Seems like very little dirt sticks anywhere but the back hatch. When I do wash it, I only spray soapy water on it and hose it off with clean water. When I picked it up it appeared that they also coated the tires and rims.
So bug and other sticky grime roll right off when sprayed? No hand scrubbing needed?

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So bug and other sticky grime roll right off when sprayed? No hand scrubbing needed?
I have to admit that a few bugs stick. I was told to never use bug remover or a brush at the do it yourself car wash. I remove the bugs that stick with a damp microfiber towel and a little elbow grease. Even when I use a liquid bug remover on my other vehicle I have to scrub hard to get them all off. The biggest surprise is the fact that the sides of my Bronco Sport hold very little dirt and dust. The sides of my Honda CRV get very dirty.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I remove the bugs that stick with a damp microfiber towel and a little elbow grease. Even when I use a liquid bug remover on my other vehicle I have to scrub hard to get them all off.
The two keys to easy bug removal:
  1. Cold water.
  2. Clean them off ASAP.
Use a towel soaked with cold water to wipe the bugs down. Let the water sit for a few moments. Wring all the excess water out of your towel leaving it damp, and use it to wipe off the bugs. If your underlying wax job is good and you haven't let the bugs sit for too long they'll wipe right off.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If I may ask, how much did the coating cost to have it done professionally? I'm hoping to have my Cactus Gray Outer Banks in about a month and this is one of the things I'm looking into have done right away.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a hookup in NASA. I drive my BB up to Huntsville just before midnight, and the Redstone Arsenal guards check my ID and pass me through to a large, unmarked building. At the stroke of midnight, skylight doors open, and a secret coating containing the blood of aliens is applied under the full moon. The Bronco glows for weeks after application.

But I guess that Turtle Wax stuff will do in a pinch. ;)

Last edited:

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have heard about ceramics, but does it really worth it? My dealer asked $1K for the treatment, and I has had no experience and know no one that has had it on their vehicles. Could you explain and advice?
Sponsored