Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle?

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Continuing the saga.....

Looking again in the options and all electronic modules I got few advance, but no functionality yet.

Messing around and enabling some options in the IPC and APIM, I got to the "Mirrors" option appear in the screen.

Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29

On IPC I enabled:

MIRRORS AUTOFOLD
MIRRORR TILTDOWN ON REVERSE
Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (3)

om APIMI enabled 3 items
MIRRORS AUTOFOLD
MIRRORS TILT ON REVERSE
POWER FOLDING MIRRORS
Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (4)

And now on Settings - Vehicle I have MIRRORS (ESPELHOS) and both options enabled (autofold and tiltdown)
Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (2)

But with no success in the funcionality yet :-(

on IPC there are some few other options related to mirrors as you cann see, but I got afraid of messing with it.

In time, CLIMATE is anabled thaks to you ;-)

OP
OP

BRBronco

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
Hi Ricardo, any success? I tryed here and nothing
I came as close as you. I could add the options on the screen using Forscan, but they don't work. I found that Tury (a brazilian company) makes a universal autofold module, but the problem is that you have to cut some wires. I bought one to study it (it's only R$ 130,00, like US$ 25,00) but it should arrive only tomorrow. I don't want to cut the wires so I will look if I can find the connectors to adapt it.

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I came as close as you. I could add the options on the screen using Forscan, but they don't work. I found that Tury (a brazilian company) makes a universal autofold module, but the problem is that you have to cut some wires. I bought one to study it (it's only R$ 130,00, like US$ 25,00) but it should arrive only tomorrow. I don't want to cut the wires so I will look if I can find the connectors to adapt it.
I had one of these from Tury in my Jeep Compass...

Waiting for your tests

Last edited:

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I realized something really weired today....

When I press the button to manually fold the mirrors (with engine still running), the mirrors fold ok.

Then I press the start/stop button to turn the vehicle off and leave it.

When I touch the door handle or press the RC button to lock the vehicle, the mirrors UNFOLD !!!!

WHen I return to the car and unlock it, the mirrors FOLD again

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I had to disable the function I added in the screen so that I can mannualy fold the mirrors and KEEP THEM FOLDED

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
So sorry for not being clear.
No, he had a luxury car, not a BS. I was trying to say that auto folding mirrors can be a hindrance in certain situations.
By that logic, you shouldn't have any powered accessories on your car because they might break someday. No power windows, locks, mirrors, steering, sunroof, brakes, etc. I've had all of those things break on previous cars but they were nice to have for years before they broke.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands

When I press the button to manually fold the mirrors (with engine still running), the mirrors fold ok.

When I touch the door handle or press the RC button to lock the vehicle, the mirrors UNFOLD !!!!

I had to disable the function I added in the screen so that I can mannualy fold the mirrors and KEEP THEM FOLDED
Ford uses some pretty bad software programmers and occasionally locks and other convenience features get out of sync with their intended purpose. Take it in to the dealer to reset it. Or play with the fob to reset it. A few people like me had a similar problem with the rear hatch lock not operating correctly because the software thought the door was unlocked and by pressing the door button it was locking it or something. Once I used the key fob to lock and unlock the rear hatch a few times, it finally synced back up and worked correctly after that. Hope this helps.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Continuing the saga.....

Looking again in the options and all electronic modules I got few advance, but no functionality yet.

Messing around and enabling some options in the IPC and APIM, I got to the "Mirrors" option appear in the screen.

Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29

On IPC I enabled:

MIRRORS AUTOFOLD
MIRRORR TILTDOWN ON REVERSE
Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (3)

om APIMI enabled 3 items
MIRRORS AUTOFOLD
MIRRORS TILT ON REVERSE
POWER FOLDING MIRRORS
Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (4)

And now on Settings - Vehicle I have MIRRORS (ESPELHOS) and both options enabled (autofold and tiltdown)
Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Any way to program Auto Fold Mirrors when locking vehicle? WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 10.53.29 (2)

But with no success in the funcionality yet :-(

on IPC there are some few other options related to mirrors as you cann see, but I got afraid of messing with it.

In time, CLIMATE is anabled thaks to you ;-)
Maybe you have to enable a switch when you shift into reverse and when you lock the doors when the engine is off. Also, I rented a 22 Ford Explorer which was almost identical to the BS in the interior. It had folding mirrors that I enabled but they didn't fold automatically. Broken feature I thought. Then, the next day, I went for a drive and After I parked, they folded automatically. After that, it worked every time. So I think it was a conflict between the key fob, the door handle locks and the interior locks. Maybe you have to lock and unlock all three ways before the mirrors get the correct signal to fold.

LucaJones

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
The ability to program auto fold mirrors when locking the vehicle depends on the car's make and model.
Some vehicles have this feature built into their settings menu or through a software update.
It's best to consult with the manufacturer for specific instructions on enabling this function.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know that people here like the folding mirrors because we have a LOT of smal motorcycles in our city streets and they run like crazy between the cars, sometimes crashing into to the mirrors of the cars, specially when we are parked waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. Maybe it's only a market choice here. Anyway, I think maybe I can change the settings in Forscan when it arrives here. Thanks.
I can't believe the mirrors would fold themselves just sitting in traffic!...?
I know that people here like the folding mirrors because we have a LOT of smal motorcycles in our city streets and they run like crazy between the cars, sometimes crashing into to the mirrors of the cars, specially when we are parked waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. Maybe it's only a market choice here. Anyway, I think maybe I can change the settings in Forscan when it arrives here. Thanks.
I can't believe the mirrors would fold themselves when stopped in traffic!...? Of that it would even be considered safe to fold and unfold manually in traffic! But, I might suspect tight alleys or parking spaces would make it popular to have. Or as the other poster said, maybe Brasil just required that standard for your market.

luigi

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak

Did you try anything else after this? Just received my BS Wildtrak and I'm missing this feature, would love to have it.