Any idea on recommended tire pressure for Pirelli Scorpion AT tires on Badlands?

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm curious about the recommended PSI for the Pirelli Scorpion AT tires on the Badlands trim? When i picked it up the other day from the dealership the PSI was at 42 and i thought that seemed really high. Dont know if its just something about the tires i am unaware of or anything. Just lowered it to around 34.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
33 psi front and rear, two more and mine feels harsh, two less and It feels like a Cadillac. but without the super long wide wheel base of the GM boat.

Westrodge99

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
My BL+BL also came inflated at 42-43 psi all around. Weird.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
My tire pressure was different on all 4 tires on delivery. They were between 37-42 lbs.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My tire pressure was different on all 4 tires on delivery. They were between 37-42 lbs.
Mine were 37 all around. Deflated to the recommended 33 and it does indeed make a difference. Maybe the factory over-inflates them to help with shipping.

Well, with this kind of vehicle, I guess we want to get used to deflating/inflating tires for different conditions. So it helps to have a good tire gauge and portable air compressor.

There has been a good discussion about gear in this thread: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/learning-to-off-road.1459/#post-30048.

Elboy also started this great thread about kit: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/elboy’s-badlands-build-adventure-journal.1524/page-2#post-30624

I got the VIAIR 300P and like it pretty well.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine when tested was all 4 within 1 or 2 lbs. of 45 psi all around -- a bit of a harsh and thumpy ride. Salesman says "oh well, the weather does that you know." (I'd hate to see what happens when it's ABOVE freezing outside!) I'm betting they're pumped up that high for shipping.

jamie1073

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The tires should be at 33psi cold as noted on the sticker in the door frame. This is what will give you the best ride and wear pattern. They ship with the tires in the mid 40psi range. I test drove an Outer Banks that the dealer did not check the pressure on and I hated the ride. I then tested the Badlands that I ended up leasing and before the drive I lowered the pressure to 33psi with a gauge borrowed from the service dept. It road much better than the first drive.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Extra air helps keep the vehicle still when strapped into the rolling parking lots during transport.
Dealer grabs the vehicle, sticks a very inacurate pencil Guage on it for a quick check.
The tire/tires facing the sun are 3 to 4 psi higher so they get let down more.
It's on the owner, handle it..

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm curious about the recommended PSI for the Pirelli Scorpion AT tires on the Badlands trim? When i picked it up the other day from the dealership the PSI was at 42 and i thought that seemed really high. Dont know if its just something about the tires i am unaware of or anything. Just lowered it to around 34.
Riding my badlands at 35psi for town/highway driving

DirtRoadSport

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
My BadLands came with the Pirelli Scorpion AT tires set at ~45 - 43 psi. The app shows recommended cold pressure at 33 all the way around. Maybe I should drop it down a little.

Last edited:

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This is curious, I have a Base with Continentals and the pressure was around 41-45psi. I just upgraded to the Scorpions the other day and noticed on the pressure reading on the dash screen was 33psi. I wondered if the store underfilled them and checked the door tag, sure enough it states 33psi.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is curious, I have a Base with Continentals and the pressure was around 41-45psi. I just upgraded to the Scorpions the other day and noticed on the pressure reading on the dash screen was 33psi. I wondered if the store underfilled them and checked the door tag, sure enough it states 33psi.
They ship them overinflated to help with stabilizing in transport and to ensure a good seal. Most dealers dont take the time to reduce pressure to spec 33 psi. I even asked before taking the keys, and...they didn't do it. I carry a pen guage in the glove box so I aired mine down in the parking lot. Dealer came out asking if everything was OK. I laughed and said nah just getting tires down to drivable pressure instead of rubber rocks.

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
They ship them overinflated to help with stabilizing in transport and to ensure a good seal. Most dealers dont take the time to reduce pressure to spec 33 psi. I even asked before taking the keys, and...they didn't do it. I carry a pen guage in the glove box so I aired mine down in the parking lot. Dealer came out asking if everything was OK. I laughed and said nah just getting tires down to drivable pressure instead of rubber rocks.
Ok, this is the first new car I've ever bought, didn't realize this was a thing.
Sponsored