First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Several posts in this forum about paint chipping easily and chipping to bare metal. Sounds like body was not prepped and primer correctly at factory. And people saying dealers don't want to fix. Very concerning because you really have to sand all the paint off and start over to fix something like that.
Sponsored

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
sorry to hear, kind of dealing with the same thing. I’m approaching 2 k miles and found 3 chips down to bare metal. I went to the body shop and they told me too bad. I knew the manager of financing so he took it to the body shop and said 2 out of the 3 chips could be fixed under warranty but it would require pulling weatherstripping, headlights, etc.. out and I said no thanks. They touched them up and they are barely noticeable. The only bummer is a chip on the hood, they touched it up but it looks awful. They said they could fix it but it would require getting the entire hood painted and that would be about $350.
Kind of disappointing the paint has been this bad so far. I’m wrapping the top of mine black and now I’m considering wrapping the rest to protect it..

The other downside is the kids getting in and out of the back I’m worried about the door sills taking a beating.
This person posted a pretty good idea for low cost:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/cheap-door-sill-protection.2283/

Also, I may consider these as well:
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm1pz-99132a08-b.html - far more legit, but also costly.

As for the chips in the paint, you can touch up the paint and build it up, then buff the spots down to be nearly unrecognizable. The dealership did one or two for me and now I am going to try and find a fool-proof way for me to accomplish those same results for ongoing maintenance until I can get the protection it needs. It's wild man, I just am on the yo-yo of emotions this car is providing me right now. I love it, I regret buying it and so on.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Several posts in this forum about paint chipping easily and chipping to bare metal. Sounds like body was not prepped and primer correctly at factory. And people saying dealers don't want to fix. Very concerning because you really have to sand all the paint off and start over to fix something like that.
Yeah, it is clearly a Mfg issue versus a Dealership problem. We need to somehow get this message to FORD directly. I don't have Twitter really, but if anyone has thoughts on getting the ear of FORD for these matters, I do think we should bubble them up. It's probably on the level of a Recall, however, since safety is not a risky outcome it is doubtful to be addressed at scale. It'll get resolved on the next iteration, thus screwing over the 1st adopters.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
My complaint: My Badlands is in the shop at 460 miles waiting for a new rear differential. No timeline yet from Ford.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My complaint: My Badlands is in the shop at 460 miles waiting for a new rear differential. No timeline yet from Ford.
Was that part of the recall that occurred or did it just randomly occur? Or did you find the limits pretty quick?

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Was that part of the recall that occurred or did it just randomly occur? Or did you find the limits pretty quick?
Just random. A couple warning lights popped up about a week ago saying there was something wrong with the powertrain. It was driving fine, but I brought it in to have them check it out anyway. I called today to see what was up, and they said they are waiting for a new differential and rear axel assembly. ?

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This person posted a pretty good idea for low cost:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/cheap-door-sill-protection.2283/

Also, I may consider these as well:
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm1pz-99132a08-b.html - far more legit, but also costly.

As for the chips in the paint, you can touch up the paint and build it up, then buff the spots down to be nearly unrecognizable. The dealership did one or two for me and now I am going to try and find a fool-proof way for me to accomplish those same results for ongoing maintenance until I can get the protection it needs. It's wild man, I just am on the yo-yo of emotions this car is providing me right now. I love it, I regret buying it and so on.
yeah the dealership just did a pretty shit patch job on the chips. I did some clear coat and I’m going to wet sand and buff it to see if it can get the bumps out. I don’t think Ford will acknowledge this one since as someone mentioned, it’s Not a safety issue.
I love it and I’m probably just being anal about everything because it’s brand new.. I also had to roll some negative equity from my explorer into this car so it wasn’t only 30k lol I’ve never had a car this expensive.
All in all I love it, the lack of aftermarket parts has been kind of annoying but it is what it is. I should have known before buying since it was in high demand and low availability.

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I thought I’d ask people who have already taken delivery / purchased a Bronco Sport. Any complaints so far? Most reviews seem to be pretty positive from what I’ve seen but I was just curious.

I also don’t understand all of the negativity from other people towards this vehicle. I recently ordered an Outer Banks with OB package and now have an April build date. Lately I feel like I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about the Bronco Sport in general. These mostly seem to be from Jeep owners or people who don’t realize that the Bronco sport isn’t the same model as the full sized Bronco. Or they’re calling it the Escape ?
OB owner 400 miles and no complaints other than if you take it to do your errands add an extra hour for everyone wanting to talk to you about it..lol..but true. My favorite thing about it is how it handles. Takes winding roads better than my Subaru. You do have to sit a little higher in the seat if you are shorter (5'4") because the hood is huge but I'm used to it now.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just random. A couple warning lights popped up about a week ago saying there was something wrong with the powertrain. It was driving fine, but I brought it in to have them check it out anyway. I called today to see what was up, and they said they are waiting for a new differential and rear axel assembly. ?
Yowza! Sorry to hear, but better to happen right away while fully paid for by FORD.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
yeah the dealership just did a pretty shit patch job on the chips. I did some clear coat and I’m going to wet sand and buff it to see if it can get the bumps out. I don’t think Ford will acknowledge this one since as someone mentioned, it’s Not a safety issue.
I love it and I’m probably just being anal about everything because it’s brand new.. I also had to roll some negative equity from my explorer into this car so it wasn’t only 30k lol I’ve never had a car this expensive.
All in all I love it, the lack of aftermarket parts has been kind of annoying but it is what it is. I should have known before buying since it was in high demand and low availability.
Man I feel ya, I am overly sensitive to this car as well. This is the 2nd brand new vehicle I’ve purchased right off the truck. My last one was a 2010 Jeep Wrangler and there just wasn’t anything to have go wrong, it all just worked and I shouldn’t never have gotten rid of it!! So, hopefully this will settle down and end up the same.... but who knows.

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
412 miles and i found out the tire sensors work and the app goes off too ,got a flat while driving to work and got a screw in tire

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Wow hope they get it fixed.Mine may have a transmission issue,I can’t get passed 6 th gear.I think it has 8 speed, even when I shift manual it only goes to 6. Anyone have a idea?
What model? Isn’t the 1.5 paired with a 6-speed and the 2.0 an 8-speed?

on edit I see the 1.5 had an 8-speed too!

Debby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Bought it in January and have 1400 miles so far. Absolutely no complaints.

I initially thought I wanted a 4 door Jeep...until I drove one. Jeep’s are cool but ride rough, handle poorly, and are impossible to see out of in the back with the spare tire. Seemed like a poor design for a daily driver.

So, I decided to buy the new mustang I had looked at. The dealer happened to have 2 bronco sports parked next to the mustangs. I was intrigued when I looked at the bronco and convinced on the test drive. Way above the Jeep in terms of comfort, convenience, and price. Plus it looks sooo much cooler!!!

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Any ideas on why when the BS is off sometimes the daytime running lamps stay on when the car is off and locked?
Means the trunk or doors aren't fully closed; it's usually the trunk/rear hatch
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl