Any broken headlights/lenses yet?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm surprised not seeing any reports of broken lense(s) on the headlights yet? Any rocks a hood deflector is going to defend against might just as well fall slightly short of that and break a headlight...? It's a huge target, too. It's so disappointing and expensive -- on my little convertible I've had rock strikes break a headlight, side markers, fog lights all. I'd be interested in protection schemes for all of these, whether film application, screens, brush guard, etc.?
Sponsored

OP
OP

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are all New Yorkers as much of a worry wart as you?
Wow...just, wow. You know, I've been driving, and damaging, and fixing, and paying for those fixes and replacements on vehicles for over 42 years -- it is annoying, disappointing, and an expensive thing dealing with these otherwise unnecessary and preventable repairs and replacements. $70 for a tiny side marker, hundreds for fogs and headlight assemblies, many hundreds for broken plastic grille assemblies and so on, just getting hit going down the road. Much of it unnecessary with a little judicious protection applied. Really, is everyone else here considering (or getting) film applications, paint protection, hood deflectors, front bars, etc. a "worry wart" like you, apparently, are not? Why this dumb personal attack? Are all Nebraskans as bovine dull-witted as you? Ha-ha, LOL, "just sayin'," etc. etc. Get lost, jerk.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Not s
Wow...just, wow. You know, I've been driving, and damaging, and fixing, and paying for those fixes and replacements on vehicles for over 42 years -- it is annoying, disappointing, and an expensive thing dealing with these otherwise unnecessary and preventable repairs and replacements. $70 for a tiny side marker, hundreds for fogs and headlight assemblies, many hundreds for broken plastic grille assemblies and so on, just getting hit going down the road. Much of it unnecessary with a little judicious protection applied. Really, is everyone else here considering (or getting) film applications, paint protection, hood deflectors, front bars, etc. a "worry wart" like you, apparently, are not? Why this dumb personal attack? Are all Nebraskans as bovine dull-witted as you? Ha-ha, LOL, "just sayin'," etc. etc. Get lost, jerk.
Not sure how or where you drive, but I have never known anyone needing to replace a headlight lens or grille that wasn't in an accident. If you do nothing but follow gravel trucks, then you may want to back off a little.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
I'm surprised not seeing any reports of broken lense(s) on the headlights yet? Any rocks a hood deflector is going to defend against might just as well fall slightly short of that and break a headlight...? It's a huge target, too. It's so disappointing and expensive -- on my little convertible I've had rock strikes break a headlight, side markers, fog lights all. I'd be interested in protection schemes for all of these, whether film application, screens, brush guard, etc.?
I don't want to jinx it but I am super surprised and awed that there aren't a plethora of complaints or issues coming up specially with this being a 1st-year 1st batch release of a totally "new" vehicle.

This has been the smoothest release of a new vehicle that I have seen so far, the only real issue has been delays and you could make a case that those are related to covid.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
H0509C-P-U (xpel.com)

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
The headlight square footage is basically huge, and the overall shape of the front end is very upright. So I am also surprised that we haven't seen this issue pop-up yet.

I am overdue to take some good photos and now have to do a complete detail after the recent freak snowpocalypse here in Texas, but I have an XPEL wrap on the front of my Sport that includes the headlamps. I think it will be a worthy long-term investment as the roads here are absolutely littered with debris. To the point where owning a nice car is a real mind game as you struggle to keep it nice amid a plethora of uncaring road warriors.

Daniel.

Ford Bronco Sport Any broken headlights/lenses yet? 1614970057435

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I'd be very surprised to hear of any headlight damage other than small rock nicks. Those covers, by all makers, are amazingly tough. Suppress your chicken little.
Ford Bronco Sport Any broken headlights/lenses yet? headlight

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Are all New Yorkers this sensitive?
Chill dude, it was a joke.

OP
OP

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are all New Yorkers this sensitive?
Chill dude, it was a joke.
All New Yorkers...*as you* don't you mean? I'm not "dude" to you, nor going to "chill" for you or anybody on here, so how about you guys just knock it off? Heck, I'll start -- I apologize for my retort to omahafordowner -- let's all just get along here.

Last edited:

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I saw it coming...
Lawn mower-rock-Escape-grill-radiator. When it bounced in front of me at 55 mph I thought for sure it was going to hit me square in the face. It dropped at the last second.
I got lucky. Their homeowners paid for the damage.
Ford Bronco Sport Any broken headlights/lenses yet? escape-rock
Sponsored