Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I'm liking this color a lot more in real life pics. The stance and everything looks good, it's like a mini explorer with better lines.

While I still like the gravitas of the big Bronco... this probably is mostly what I need.. :D

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Does the hitch receiver converter/adapter (2" down to 1.25") reduce the tongue weight? I have a bunch of 2" hitch receiver accessories (from my Jeep) that I may want to use on the Bronco Sport Or I may just wait an install my own 2" eTrailer hitch receiver and be done with it

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I wish they painted the front tow hooks body color.... With red, yellow and Alto Blue, that would really enhance the look, I think.
And the fogs - wish they were a bit larger and round, to match the headlamps.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
And the fogs - wish they were a bit larger and round, to match the headlamps.
Agree on the fogs. My '06's Escape had decent sized round fogs and looked, and more importantly, functioned much better than the smaller ones on my '16 CX-5. Those little ones are mainly for looks.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep - I know that fogs are more of a "meant to be seen" rather than "meant to aid seeing" item, but would be nice to get some bigger ones. (these being LEDs i am sure they can be easily seen, but still...)

I also like the big round ones on my 2010 escape.
It adds to the look of a small car like the Sport a lot. (think pre 2005 Foresters with large grilled fogs...loved the look!)

And this is what I mean by painted tow hooks - I guess the 2nd image below is some type of pre-production rendering. They should have carried it over! It's a TINY detail but a huge difference in looks.

WITHOUT Body color tow hooks:

Ford Bronco Sport Another AREA 51 Bronco Sport Badlands sighting - best look yet 1596239548446

WITH body color tow hooks:

Ford Bronco Sport Another AREA 51 Bronco Sport Badlands sighting - best look yet 1596237395450

Last edited:

Cliffy842001

First Edition
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford escape
No one is questioning the color difference in that pic from the color presented online? Huge difference.

Ford Bronco Sport Another AREA 51 Bronco Sport Badlands sighting - best look yet Screenshot_20200714-200000_Yahoo Mail

Ford Bronco Sport Another AREA 51 Bronco Sport Badlands sighting - best look yet Screenshot_20200803-123416_Samsung Internet

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did see some posts questioning the difference - didn't seem like people were happy with what it really looks like; looks pretty bad, IMO. (compared to the pics on website)

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Well, I trust RL photos over CGI ones, but we've also had another set of RL photos that make that what appears to be a blue here much darker and more grey, but still not as much as the CGI, so...

I also know that cameras can enhance certain colors too, especially if these photos were taken with HDR turned on.. so..

In RL, I'd expect something in between these and the CGI version. But it's hard to say for sure.

Compare the color in this pic.. from this angle, the Area51 looks a lot lighter.

Ford Bronco Sport Another AREA 51 Bronco Sport Badlands sighting - best look yet 1596502571910

But also compare the color here...

Ford Bronco Sport Another AREA 51 Bronco Sport Badlands sighting - best look yet 1596502759175

:crazy:

Last edited:

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
And this is what I mean by painted tow hooks - I guess the 2nd image below is some type of pre-production rendering. They should have carried it over! It's a TINY detail but a huge difference in looks.
To be fair, they'd only stand out on the CyberOrange. Rest of the colors would be hard to notice or it might look odd. I agree they'd certainly look nice on the CyberOrange.

Wonder if it's also a thing with where they didn't want to look like Jeep's "Trail Rated" red tow hook.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
(And yes... the more I see it, the more I'm locking in on Area51, unless I can convince my wife that the CyberOrange is good... :D )

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, they'd only stand out on the CyberOrange. Rest of the colors would be hard to notice or it might look odd. I agree they'd certainly look nice on the CyberOrange.

Wonder if it's also a thing with where they didn't want to look like Jeep's "Trail Rated" red tow hook.
I do think it'd stand out in red and also the alto blue.... Not good for anything else.
And yes, I agree:, re: Jeep's red ones, I didn't know it meant "trail rated" - just thought they did it because it looked good.
But for me, if it looks good, I don't mind that another Brand does it. Looks like painting tow hooks is a pretty common visual mod; lots of hits and YT videos if you google it...

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I do think it'd stand out in red and also the alto blue.... Not good for anything else.
And yes, I agree:, re: Jeep's red ones, I didn't know it meant "trail rated" - just thought they did it because it looked good.
But for me, if it looks good, I don't mind that another Brand does it. Looks like painting tow hooks is a pretty common visual mod; lots of hits and YT videos if you google it...
Yeah, you only see the red ones on the "Trail Rated" packages.

Yellow would look sweet... convincing my wife however... :crackup:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have an Area 51 on order, I hope I don't get burned by this color. Several years ago I ordered an Escape (fleet vehicle) based on the website photos. In the Ford website pictures the color was forest green but when the car showed up it looked like "kermit the frog green". I was stuck with that ugly color for 3 years.
Sponsored