Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Oh this is interesting. I thought you needed the Android Auto App installed on your phone in order for it to work in the vehicle. Perhaps I'm wrong?
It depends on the version of Android your using. I have the latest, and Android Auto is not listed as an executable app. You can see it in the list of installed apps if you open Settings > Apps, but there is no icon to open Android Auto from the home screen.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Could be updating to keep functionality until new system is ready to be implemented. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone here on Android 12 and using AA? I read that Android 12 is not supposed to support AA. But haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise other then announcements from 2021.
Yes I've been updated to android 12 (pixel 6) and haven't had any issues with synch3 and the Android auto. It's my nav/audio with Spotify, Waze, iheart radio etc I plug direct to a USB-C and it goes straight to Android auto.

OP
OP
Petroph

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Yes I've been updated to android 12 (pixel 6) and haven't had any issues with synch3 and the Android auto. It's my nav/audio with Spotify, Waze, iheart radio etc I plug direct to a USB-C and it goes straight to Android auto.
This is great to hear!

One way or another, I'm sure Google won't just leave us all hanging with vehicles that can't use AA in some way I suppose. 😅

Jafo

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
From what I knew Android Auto is not going away. But being able to run it phone only is going away. So there will no longer be an icon that you can launch Android Auto and see it on you phone screen. You will have to plug it into Android Auto certified car stereo, which SYNC 3 and 4 are.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
I came across THIS thread earlier today and got a little worried. I've been on sync 2 for some time in my 2014 F150 and eagerly awaiting my BS to move up the the Sync 3 system. Though it would've been nice to see the sync 4 system in the BS similar to the full size I was content with Sync 3 as AA was still supported. But what if Google completely drops it? Is it possible for another software to take AA place on the Sync 3 system? Would be a pretty big bummer if I did get my BS and then AA goes defunct.... What everyone else think of this?

Seems odd, considering Sync 4 has built in wireless for AA. Would seem like a lost feature if not the sync 3 and 4 systems arnt able to be updated for the new replacement if any.

It is not Android Auto itself that is going away. There is an Android Auto app that can be used on some older versions of Android that is being (or has been) discontinued. (That's why it says "Android Auto for the phone). Newer phones do not need the app inasmuch as AA connectivity is built-in. Side note: I use AA wireless in my BSOB via a Carsifi wireless adapter. Works absolutely great!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It is not Android Auto itself that is going away. There is an Android Auto app that can be used on some older versions of Android that is being (or has been) discontinued. (That's why it says "Android Auto for the phone). Newer phones do not need the app. Side note: I use AA wireless in my BSOB via a Carsifi wireless adapter. Works absolutely great!
I'm torn between getting a wireless adapter or just plugging it in if I need maps. I guess I'll need to compare the Ford navigation against Google Maps to figure out which is best for my use situations.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
Could be updating to keep functionality until new system is ready to be implemented. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone here on Android 12 and using AA? I read that Android 12 is not supposed to support AA. But haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise other then announcements from 2021.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE w/Android 12 and it's working just fine.
Sponsored