CHasd307

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Im wondering if anyone knows the Speaker sizes in a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Edition
Sponsored

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
The Bronco Sport is based off of the Ford Escape so I think, but I am definitely NOT sure, that speakers that fit in the 2021 Escape will fit in the Bronco Sport. According to Crutchfield that means it could possibly fit round 6 3/4" speakers in the doors. Definitely could be wrong, and warrants additional research to find out.

I tried calling Ford Marketing once to ask them if that was true, and the person that answered didn't know, and said she would pass me along to the parts department. Well, instead of parts she forwarded me to the company that handles Ford's tire rebate program. That person was very confused when I started asking all about speaker sizes and placements. I didn't bother calling back to try to get to get to the right department.

f.sancho4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wtf. The EXACT same thing happened to me a few months back. I called and the rep said, "Yeah, the audio layout diagram is right here, just search this *** on Ford's website". So I did and when I couldn't find it she said, "Well, I can see it here. I guess it's just not available to consumers yet". Then I asked if she could email a copy and she said nope and said that she would connect me to the parts department and I ended up talking to someone in the tire rebate program. It was just frustrating and haven't tried again. Maybe I'll give them another call today lol.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Im wondering if anyone knows the Speaker sizes in a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Edition
The door speakers are 6.5". I replaced mine with Focal 165CA1 speakers and they sound great! https://www.amazon.com/Focal-165CA1-Speaker-2-Way-Inverted/dp/B007C70EP0/ref=psdc_10980771_t1_B007T7F3MM

You will need a spacer to raise them from the door panel. Something like this will work https://www.amazon.com/Metra-82-7400-Speaker-Infiniti-Vehicles/dp/B0194MS420/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=metra+6.5+speaker+adapter+nissan&qid=1623751704&sr=8-3

The tweeters in the dash are 1" (I left mine installed).

saucey360

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The door speakers are 6.5". I replaced mine with Focal 165CA1 speakers and they sound great! https://www.amazon.com/Focal-165CA1-Speaker-2-Way-Inverted/dp/B007C70EP0/ref=psdc_10980771_t1_B007T7F3MM

You will need a spacer to raise them from the door panel. Something like this will work https://www.amazon.com/Metra-82-7400-Speaker-Infiniti-Vehicles/dp/B0194MS420/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=metra+6.5+speaker+adapter+nissan&qid=1623751704&sr=8-3

6.5 for front and back? How long did the instal take you. How was the bass on those speakers, was also looking at the alpines. Was thinking of also doing one of those small hideaway subs but not sure they could fit under the driver or the passenger seat because of this little hump.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
6.5 for front and back? How long did the instal take you. How was the bass on those speakers, was also looking at the alpines. Was thinking of also doing one of those small hideaway subs but not sure they could fit under the driver or the passenger seat because of this little hump.
Yes, they're both 6.5. It wasn't too hard to do, but you definitely need adapters to bring the speakers forward in the doors. It's amazing how lightweight the factory speakers are. I would say it probably took a couple of hours to complete. I spent more time taking off and putting on the door panels. The sound improvement all-around was much better (highs and lows). I'm not a booming bass-head so the low-end was great for me. I actually had to turn the bass down a bit. However, if you're really into bass, you'll need a sub (I don't think any 6.5 can reach the lows of a sub).

I was also considering the 6.5 Alpine R-Series speakers (always loved their sound) but decided to give the Focals a try. I've heard a lot of great things about them over the years and I'm not disappointed. These speakers also look interesting, but I'm not sure about their sound quality. They're a direct replacement so no adapters would be necessary. https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/mobile-audio/OE652-FD-Coaxial-OEM-Replacement-Speaker-FORD-Lincoln/

Not sure if there's enough room under the front seats for a hide-away sub, but I would love to hear if someone has successfully installed one.

Last edited:

saucey360

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, they're both 6.5. It wasn't too hard to do, but you definitely need adapters to bring the speakers forward in the doors. It's amazing how lightweight the factory speakers are. I would say it probably took a couple of hours to complete. I spent more time taking off and putting on the door panels. The sound improvement all-around was much better (highs and lows). I'm not a booming bass-head so the low-end was great for me. I actually had to turn the bass down a bit. However, if you're really into bass, you'll need a sub (I don't think any 6.5 can reach the lows of a sub).

I was also considering the 6.5 Alpine R-Series speakers (always loved their sound) but decided to give the Focals a try. I've heard a lot of great things about them over the years and I'm not disappointed. These speakers also look interesting, but I'm not sure about their sound quality. They're a direct replacement so no adapters would be necessary. https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/mobile-audio/OE652-FD-Coaxial-OEM-Replacement-Speaker-FORD-Lincoln/

Not sure if there's enough room under the front seats for a hide-away sub, but I would love to hear if someone has successfully installed one.
I saw someone post about those powerbass speakers, would be nice for the convenience, just not familiar with the brand . I swear I saw someone had fit one under the passenger seat it just stuck out a little but it must have been I. The fb groups

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I saw someone post about those powerbass speakers, would be nice for the convenience, just not familiar with the brand . I swear I saw someone had fit one under the passenger seat it just stuck out a little but it must have been I. The fb groups
Ive got a low pro 8 ... i can unhook and check if it fits?

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Seat full back. Full forward and about 1/2 way.... problem is there is a little blower down there .... ove never even noticed but it could be ac/hea related...

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210710_192040

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210710_192029

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210710_191911

saucey360

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Seat full back. Full forward and about 1/2 way.... problem is there is a little blower down there .... ove never even noticed but it could be ac/hea related...
Thank you, much appreciated. I may potentially try this as I rarely have anyone ride in my back seat and I use the seats down for cargo space far too much to have one in the trunk .

mtu_bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester Sport
Pioneer TS-D65F. You will not be disappointed. I'm very happy.

Install is very easy. Harness and adapters are must. Fyi, do this to mock the stock speakers.

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210626_131032

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210626_131008

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210704_115801
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speakers 20210627_180251
What are the part numbers for the speaker adapters and wiring harness? Also what kind of fabric like tape is that?

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport

How are you feeling about the Focals after about a year? I have them in my Amazon cart and about to order. I LOVE the Focal home audio products and their price definitely reflects the quality - so I am very tempted to try their car audio products.
Sponsored