MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Has anyone upgraded their non-B&O speakers yet? If so what size speakers did you use and did you run into any issues/speedbumps?
Sponsored

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I think so few have gotten theirs that probably none has done so. I was hoping to do the same but the dealer screwed up my order. With that said, I'm going to take a wild guess that it will be pretty similar to the latest Ford Escape speakers.

The locations and grille sizing are pretty similar except obviously the B&O setup will be different.

With that said, one of the forum members tried to take some speaker measurements for me.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/took-delivery-have-questions.1426/post-30035

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Still hanging around in the shadows I see... lol. Welcome back, kinda.
Well.. I might be coming back for good. Thank you!!! Lol, I think I'm going to buy a dealer stock one. I need to go test drive one first to see how I like it.

Not from the dealer that screwed up my order because they're really very unprofessional.

It's still one of the better looking, Capable, and decent gas mileage vehicles right now.

At this point, the only other vehicle I would buy is a 4Runner (even with the horrible gas mileage).

OP
OP

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I think so few have gotten theirs that probably none has done so. I was hoping to do the same but the dealer screwed up my order. With that said, I'm going to take a wild guess that it will be pretty similar to the latest Ford Escape speakers.

The locations and grille sizing are pretty similar except obviously the B&O setup will be different.

With that said, one of the forum members tried to take some speaker measurements for me.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/took-delivery-have-questions.1426/post-30035

Yeah, that's what I figured, and that's basically what I've been using as a proxy when searching Crutchfield for compatible speakers. I'm not getting the Badlands package, so it wont be getting the Bang & Olufson speakers. And honestly, I test drove a Badlands that had it, and I wasn't impressed. They sounded really muddy and just not that clear. Plus the center dash speakers creates a weird soundstage. I'm coming from a 2018 Impreza that had some aftermarket Rockford Fosgate speakers that only cost like $90 and they sound WAY better than the B&O system. Too bad they wont fit (they're 6x9") because I loved those speakers. They were coaxial, so this time I'm likely going to upgrade to the component Rockfords. Just don't know if I'll add an amplifier (I've heard their Punch amplifier is really good), and if I do add an amp if I'll come across any weird compatibility issues like losing steering wheel volume control or something similar.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Yeah, that's what I figured, and that's basically what I've been using as a proxy when searching Crutchfield for compatible speakers. I'm not getting the Badlands package, so it wont be getting the Bang & Olufson speakers. And honestly, I test drove a Badlands that had it, and I wasn't impressed. They sounded really muddy and just not that clear. Plus the center dash speakers creates a weird soundstage. I'm coming from a 2018 Impreza that had some aftermarket Rockford Fosgate speakers that only cost like $90 and they sound WAY better than the B&O system. Too bad they wont fit (they're 6x9") because I loved those speakers. They were coaxial, so this time I'm likely going to upgrade to the component Rockfords. Just don't know if I'll add an amplifier (I've heard their Punch amplifier is really good), and if I do add an amp if I'll come across any weird compatibility issues like losing steering wheel volume control or something similar.
Everything depends on how much $$$$ you want to spend and how much more "awesome" you want it to sound.
My goal was to:
1) Use FORScan to flatten out stock EQ.
2) Get or build an adapter to pull the clean signals out before the stock amp....
3) Get a DSP for tuning... that goes to aftermarket amps.. to power aftermarket speakers

At least that was my plan...

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
I think the stock speakers sound pretty good for stock. I'm not impressed but they are far better than some other cars' stock speakers. Mine are still breaking in a little bit. I'd be interested to see the response curve. I think once I drive it past the 30,000-mile warranty I'm going to upgrade. I'd love to see somebody take off the door panels and give the specs. I'm not confident enough to want to do that while it's basically brand new still.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Soo I'm now very curious to see what's under the panels. I might poke around this weekend and see what we're working with. I have a badlands without the audio upgrade. So it seems there is a subwoofer area but did not come with a subwoofer. I really want to take a look and see if there is wiring already in place. I also want to see what wattages and resistance the stock speakers come in so I can just do an easy swap and get an aftermarket speaker that doesn't make me upgrade the amp if it's hard to get to. Where is the amp located usually in cars/is it easy. I have so many questions now

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speaker Upgrades? 6speaker bs.PNG

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speaker Upgrades? 10speakerbs.PNG

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Is 18808G the sub woofer? Where is is located (hard to tell from diagram). One thing I liked about my old Forester is that Subaru always made it super easy to do audio upgrades and other mods. The Subaru amp was located under the front passenger seat.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Is 18808G the sub woofer? Where is is located (hard to tell from diagram). One thing I liked about my old Forester is that Subaru always made it super easy to do audio upgrades and other mods. The Subaru amp was located under the front passenger seat.
Its located on the passenger side in the trunk. Good to know where the amp was on your Subaru. I'm going to look under there soon and see what I'm working with

asm

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Everything depends on how much $$$$ you want to spend and how much more "awesome" you want it to sound.
My goal was to:
1) Use FORScan to flatten out stock EQ.
2) Get or build an adapter to pull the clean signals out before the stock amp....
3) Get a DSP for tuning... that goes to aftermarket amps.. to power aftermarket speakers

At least that was my plan...

I drove the Badlands without the audio upgrade tonight. I will not buy this car unless I can improve the sound system. It's just awful (and I care about these things). The B&O would surely disappoint, but I don't want that brown and black leather. . . .

I tried looking into what people were doing with Escape's audio but it seems to depend on whether they had the Sony upgrade or not. I can't figure out what the non B&O BS is equivalent to in the FE.

I wonder if the FORScan mods work for the BS. The PAC adapters probably won't, since they required the upgraded Sony audio in the FE.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

OP
OP

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Anyone make any progress on new speakers?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Soo I'm now very curious to see what's under the panels. I might poke around this weekend and see what we're working with. I have a badlands without the audio upgrade. So it seems there is a subwoofer area but did not come with a subwoofer. I really want to take a look and see if there is wiring already in place. I also want to see what wattages and resistance the stock speakers come in so I can just do an easy swap and get an aftermarket speaker that doesn't make me upgrade the amp if it's hard to get to. Where is the amp located usually in cars/is it easy. I have so many questions now

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speaker Upgrades? 6speaker bs.PNG

Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Speaker Upgrades? 10speakerbs.PNG
So this is pretty clear to me, the B&O system ADDS the center channel in the dash (much smaller than the unnecessary size of that grille opening up there), the tweeters in the rear doors (different from those in the corners of the dash), and the sub (shown as absent in that location in the 6-speaker system). The sub must fire into the cavity below the cargo floor? I have to say, I could not locate it by ear on my quick test drive -- though I didn't turn it up much with 2 dealer folks in the vehicle with me. So glad to have found this, thanks for posting!

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I drove the Badlands without the audio upgrade tonight. I will not buy this car unless I can improve the sound system. It's just awful (and I care about these things). The B&O would surely disappoint, but I don't want that brown and black leather. . . .

I tried looking into what people were doing with Escape's audio but it seems to depend on whether they had the Sony upgrade or not. I can't figure out what the non B&O BS is equivalent to in the FE.

I wonder if the FORScan mods work for the BS. The PAC adapters probably won't, since they required the upgraded Sony audio in the FE.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sorry Brother, I went a different route (different car) since I was unable to get one I wanted.

This is the first of it's kind, but I bet that it's not too different from the Escape systems. If you do purchase this car, I think you'll be the first to tear into this. Hopefully you'll do a writeup for the many following you.

Head on over to DIYMA and see if anyone over there will have some clue. Also I just saw that the service manual is out ($186) which would give you some clues but I know its not an expense you want to put out.
Sponsored