Wings76

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The ambient lighting that comes on the outer banks is very underwhelming and I find this interior to be very dark at night so I decided to add some light and style. You can customize the colors and modes and they come with a 12V connector and hardwire connector, I hardwired them to the fuse box using a fuse tap on fuse 3. I found these lights at auto zone and I had them in my last car.
Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting 4E372BDD-275C-43D1-8663-D65A7035114E
Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting FEC03E74-4063-4927-A23E-802B4359EE21
Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting 7DB302AB-0807-4D63-AABA-D7B929F77ED9

Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting 3B02D2BB-739C-41A3-86EC-E1652B8B8D64

Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting D4EE2348-E0BF-4A74-96D2-465C0760FA6F
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
That looks way better than what was offered from the factory.

Funny, though. Back in the day, Ford used to have that lighting in the back seats as well as the front. Slowly its disappeared from the rear seat, the front seat, now most models don't even have it.

OP
OP
Wings76

Wings76

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks way better than what was offered from the factory.

Funny, though. Back in the day, Ford used to have that lighting in the back seats as well as the front. Slowly its disappeared from the rear seat, the front seat, now most models don't even have it.
Totally agree, I remember being able to customize the color of the ambient lighting on the screen in past ford vehicles and the lighting was everywhere including the cup holders, door pockets, and all floor wells. Kinda sad, maybe they still offer the good ambient lighting on Lincoln’s…it seems like most car companies seem to consider it to be a “luxury” feature now.

OP
OP
Wings76

Wings76

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks Good! I just may have to try this!
I say it’s totally worth it really adds a nice feel to the cabin and install wasnt too bad and it’s much easier if you just plug them into the 12V instead of the fuse box. If you want more pics of how I attached the light strips and hid the wires let me know.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I am curious how dim can it gets. I don’t want to really light up the interior all the time. Can each light have different color and brightness?

Thanks

OP
OP
Wings76

Wings76

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am curious how dim can it gets. I don’t want to really light up the interior all the time. Can each light have different color and brightness?

Thanks
yeah the kit comes with a little control box that you plug the light strips into (then the control box plugs into the 12V) there are 4 different ports on the control box for 4 different zones, you can control them all together or separately to adjust brightness or color, my pics show max brightness but the minimum brightness is very dim that you can’t really even see the light. Here’s a screenshot of the app and the 4 different zones.
Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting 49C779CC-4E3A-4FA3-9A9F-9938B2363E55

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I say it’s totally worth it really adds a nice feel to the cabin and install wasnt too bad and it’s much easier if you just plug them into the 12V instead of the fuse box. If you want more pics of how I attached the light strips and hid the wires let me know.
What fuse did you tap into?

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
yeah the kit comes with a little control box that you plug the light strips into (then the control box plugs into the 12V) there are 4 different ports on the control box for 4 different zones, you can control them all together or separately to adjust brightness or color, my pics show max brightness but the minimum brightness is very dim that you can’t really even see the light. Here’s a screenshot of the app and the 4 different zones.
Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting 49C779CC-4E3A-4FA3-9A9F-9938B2363E55
Great info! Thank you

I’m contacting the manufacturer now to see if I can splice into a tilt switch to add light in the glove box. I would just use one of the extension to go the glove box

tbone

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

tbone

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
How did you apply lights and hide the wires? Ty

OP
OP
Wings76

Wings76

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you apply lights and hide the wires? Ty
The light strips have an adhesive backing so I used that for the drivers footwell and for the passenger footwell (under glove box) and under the the front seats (to light up the rear footwell) I used binder clips to hold them in place. The wires I just tucked under the center console where it meets the floor, it was pretty easy to push the wire up under there I used a little flat head screwdriver to help push the wire. I put the control box under the passenger seat so the wires just run from the front footwells along the center console to under the passenger seat.

Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting EB5CF039-DA60-459A-9372-AD95FC53D24F
Ford Bronco Sport Added interior ambient lighting 53332C1B-8598-4DC4-8AE3-819E5D264B5C

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
... Ford used to have that lighting in the back seats as well as the front. Slowly its disappeared from the rear seat, the front seat, now most models don't even have it.
My '14 Escape has ambient lighting in the front floor, rear floor, front cupholders, front door handles, and front door pockets.

I actually don't miss it. I like simpler things. Fewer wires running through the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: