rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
Tried the order for the Badlands. Could not locate the Nav accessories ,wireless charge,
or upgraded trans cooler, oil cooler.
Sponsored

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Tried the order for the Badlands. Could not locate the Nav accessories ,wireless charge,
or upgraded trans cooler, oil cooler.
Those should all be included in the trim level that you chose - no need to 'order' them separately.

OP
OP
rms34208

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
Those should all be included in the trim level that you chose - no need to 'order' them separately.
Thanks , the next day the information from Ford listed details, the trailer tow is supposed to be included but a separate option is listed, probably an upgrade..

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks , the next day the information from Ford listed details, the trailer tow is supposed to be included but a separate option is listed, probably an upgrade..
There's some misinformation for sure... the trailer hitch is supposed to be part of Outer Banks, but it's actually not. You have to add it separately.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The plus side with the Badlands+Badlands thing is that there's not as much for the dealer to make a mess of. You either get base, or the plus up. Not much else to do.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Looks like if you do BL+BL = reverse sensor, heated and power front seats (BOTH), heated steering wheel, and with FordPass Connect, remote start (They show a BL in the pic for the remote start, so BL must have it).
Those are some things I really want, if i get a Sport.

I wish Ford offered a "sunroof delete" option like BMW used to do (still do?). I like the BL pkg, but after going through a nightmare with the sunroof on my 2010 Escape Limited (clogged drain tubes making floor wet), I really don't want sunroofs on my cars anymore.

However, I see no way to get the windshield wiper de-icing feature on BL. Looks like it's only available in OB and FE trim... :(
(The one feature people talk about when they talk about Subarus - why not include it in the most off roady trim, which is BL?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rms34208

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
Looks like if you do BL+BL = reverse sensor, heated and power front seats (BOTH), heated steering wheel, and with FordPass Connect, remote start (They show a BL in the pic for the remote start, so BL must have it).

I wish Ford offered a "sunroof delete" option like BMW used to do (still do?). I like the BL pkg, but after going through a nightmare with the sunroof on my 2010 Escape Limited (clogged drain tubes making floor wet), I really don't want sunroofs on my cars anymore.

However, I see no way to get the windshield wiper de-icing feature on BL. Looks like it's only available in OB and FE trim... :(
(The one feature people talk about when they talk about Subarus - why not include it in the most off roady trim, which is BL?)
Agree on moonroof, if you start with the base and add options pricing all comes back to Badlands model. Still not sure why sinc 4 is not standard on Badlands ,auto downloads and updates should be
a standard feature ,would reduce recalls. You know the first year with this tech package there are going to be updates for nav, electronic
4x4 and transmission.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a feeling 2021 will be the year to get the BL Sport, as a 2022 model. Gut feeling tells me sync4 and other/more goodies will be standard on 2022 models. But most of all, the 1st year bugs will be worked out.

OP
OP
rms34208

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
I have a feeling 2021 will be the year to get the BL Sport, as a 2022 model. Gut feeling tells me sync4 and other/more goodies will be standard on 2022 models. But most of all, the 1st year bugs will be worked out.
Agreed!

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is anybody getting the Sportz Tent? At first i thought it's silly - but when you think that it will prob cost more than $395 to go out and buy a 9' x 9' tent, without being customized to fit your car, and that this thing is covered by vehicle warranty.... suddenly it doesn't seem THAT silly....

OP
OP
rms34208

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL

Hardly ever have ice in Southwest FL.

BuckNBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Is anybody getting the Sportz Tent? At first i thought it's silly - but when you think that it will prob cost more than $395 to go out and buy a 9' x 9' tent, without being customized to fit your car, and that this thing is covered by vehicle warranty.... suddenly it doesn't seem THAT silly....
So when I built mine I was like “why would I get this tent? That’s silly” and then I was like wait, that roof tent it pretty cool so I went back and checked the details. The roof tent is NOT the tent that’s available for 395 if that’s the one you’re referring to. It’s like a basic ground tent. The one they have on the roof is a Yakima Sunrise HD tent (not an available option that I saw) and google tells me it costs like 1500+ for that one... hope this helps. If it was the roof tent I’d have added it in a heartbeat.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My guess is there will be lots of accessories coming in the future. They don’t have it ready now. It’s ok to wait on that stuff.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The one they have on the roof is a Yakima Sunrise HD tent (not an available option that I saw).
At 125 pounds, that is not a tent that can go on the First Edition or the Outer Banks because of the moon roof. I dunno... i like the idea of the moon roof and in the PNW, we use it a fair amount, if nothing else than to try to get *some* light into the the otherwise gray. But I am feeling bummed about the 33% drop in roof rack strength.
Sponsored