Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I tried this. No alarm went off in my OB OB +
Check your settings under security and see if you have a selection for interior motion detection on/off. Not sure if it's on all packages but it's an add on for Fords equipped for it. I know people with dogs have had to turn it off as their dogs set it off after you walk away from the car with the key fob.
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Check your settings under security and see if you have a selection for interior motion detection on/off. Not sure if it's on all packages but it's an add on for Fords equipped for it. I know people with dogs have had to turn it off as their dogs set it off after you walk away from the car with the key fob.
I'll check it out. I swear I'll own my OB for 5 years before I learn all the settings.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
No security settings on my OB.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's the temperature sensor for the automatic climate system. If you're seeing the end of this part sticking out:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/sensor-assy-7821147-1

You can see it on a placement diagram here, it looks like it is up by the mirror.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/sensor-13291401-1

You can see the cover plate that is in the picture here, but it doesn't show the part that goes in the hole on the cover (green part):
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-trim-parts/rain-sensor-cover-13287965-1

Edit: IDK why this is still debated. But I do see these old links have expired on the parts website. It's the nub of the temperature sensor. It isn't a spy camera but if you're nervous put a square of electrical tape over it and impair the system...
Here are pictures from the part site of it:
Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? Capture.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? 233912

Last edited:

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
Anyone know what this is? In the panel above the rear view mirror. Mostly just curious. Looks like some kind of camera maybe.
Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? A0351A5F-3391-41B4-9EB6-B7EFE73C24FF
I thought that was for the 360 Assist+???? Could be way off.

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
It's the sensor for your intrusion security system. If you leave the windows down but the doors locked it will sense motion and set off the alarm if someone reaches in. You can cover it but then you will be missing a part of your security system.
Dont have alarm...

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Years later now. Pretty sure it's just a climate sensor.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Years later now. Pretty sure it's just a climate sensor.
Did you cover it? Looks like a fella found the part a couple of posts above and it's a climate sensor. I always thought was a camera to detect drivers hands for Co-Pilot and lane centering 😅

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Was told its the camera that detects if your falling asleep.

WTF are you doing that you would even care if someone IS spying on you? 😄

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Did you cover it? Looks like a fella found the part a couple of posts above and it's a climate sensor. I always thought was a camera to detect drivers hands for Co-Pilot and lane centering 😅
I have read that for Co-Pilot and Lane Centering there is a torque sensor in the steering. That is how it knows if your hands are on the wheel. You can lightly keep your hands on the wheel and it will complain that you need to have your hands on the wheel, at least I have been able to.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have read that for Co-Pilot and Lane Centering there is a torque sensor in the steering. That is how it knows if your hands are on the wheel.
Yup. If you leave one hand on the wheel at the five (right hand) or seven (left hand) o'clock position and relax your arm you will feel the lane centering system making constant, small corrections. The system will perceive the weight of your hand/arm as you making steering inputs, thus negating the nanny.
Sponsored