Dash

Big Bend
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Anyone know what this is? In the panel above the rear view mirror. Mostly just curious. Looks like some kind of camera maybe.
Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? A0351A5F-3391-41B4-9EB6-B7EFE73C24FF
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Anyone know what this is? In the panel above the rear view mirror. Mostly just curious. Looks like some kind of camera maybe.
Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? A0351A5F-3391-41B4-9EB6-B7EFE73C24FF
I’ll Be covering that in mine, my rental escape has the same thing in it .

Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? CFA632CB-0C59-4E1C-A228-900DA47E697D

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
light sensor?

Reactions: Jrl

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
It's the sensor for your intrusion security system. If you leave the windows down but the doors locked it will sense motion and set off the alarm if someone reaches in. You can cover it but then you will be missing a part of your security system.

Reactions: Jrl

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
It might be the driver facing camera in the Co-pilot360 package

Ford Bronco Sport Above the rear view mirror? Screenshot_20210425-093819_DuckDuckGo
That’s only for the blue cruise which the bronco sport won’t get. What I saw from a guy on fb that is a light sensor for them auto dimming rear view mirror.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
That’s only for the blue cruise which the bronco sport won’t get. What I saw from a guy on fb that is a light sensor for them auto dimming rear view mirror.
Dimming sensors are most likely in the mirror itself.
I was told by a dealer that the sensor is for the alarm system's motion detection.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That’s only for the blue cruise which the bronco sport won’t get. What I saw from a guy on fb that is a light sensor for them auto-dimming rearview mirror.
and backup cameras/sensors were simply for backup sensing...and 'real world' testing of Copilot 360+/bluecruise tech for future use. Believe me when I say...they are always using capabilities for future applications. Friend of mine is a design engineer. While all of the tech serves a modern purpose, what's the difference between a signal to a backup alarm vs...electronic override? A keystroke in a program. And while bluecruise may not be part of the picture now. This is year one of bronco sport production. The future will be full of surprises.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
On the Bronco forum it was determined to be a temperature/humidity sensor.?‍♀

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
If I am not mistaken they are line road cameras for lane and centering. Not a 100% sure but somewhat certain.
I don't think it's facing forward. Looks like it's pointing into the cabin. Still think it's the motion sensor for the cabin movement alarm that I was told.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
It's the sensor for your intrusion security system. If you leave the windows down but the doors locked it will sense motion and set off the alarm if someone reaches in. You can cover it but then you will be missing a part of your security system.
I tried this. No alarm went off in my OB OB +
Sponsored