jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Came across this video today. Warning: may make you wince a bit!

If you go to just after he hits the hole, there's thankfully not much damage. Looks like the tow hook caught the worst of it. Regardless, this is why I'm really hoping to see an aftermarket bash plate for the front!

Also, the orange stripes on the hood are kinda neat. Not my cup of tea, but they do look sharp.
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I also have a Busted Bronco
No eta on parts.

I hit the lower bumper hard crossing the wrong ditch .

I need the following
Lower bumper & full cooling system (including a radiator , water pump brackets and more . )

My vehicle is out of commission waiting on parts . it is week #2 of an estimated but not confirmed 6 week wait for parts . I miss my vehicle it is a sweet ride.

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
No eta on parts.

I need the following
Lower bumper & full cooling system (including a radiator , water pump brackets and more . )

My vehicle is out of commission waiting on parts . it is week #2 of an estimated but not confirmed 6 week wait for parts . I miss my vehicle it is a sweet ride.
F

OP
OP
jofer

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need the following
Ouch! My sympathies!

Seriously, I really, really want that front skid plate that 4wp was showing off in a video recently... I worry a lot about damaging the radiator/etc.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Ouch! My sympathies!

Seriously, I really, really want that front skid plate that 4wp was showing off in a video recently... I worry a lot about damaging the radiator/etc.
I'm with ya, the Sport has a glass jaw I'm afraid. Been thinking that way (skid plate/ bumper) for a few months. A little less speed might have helped in this case.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I’m hoping my BL skip plates hold up to the challenge!

OP
OP
jofer

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping my BL skip plates hold up to the challenge!
Yeah, sadly, even on the badlands (which this video is), the front underside is only plastic. It's an obvious weak spot in an otherwise well protected vehicle.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No eta on parts.

I need the following

That hurt me to read ???hopefully the parts come soon

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Six weeks waiting for parts....ouch....hopefully it comes back good as new.....

First Name
Jamee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands
Came across this video today. Warning: may make you wince a bit!

If you go to just after he hits the hole, there's thankfully not much damage. Looks like the tow hook caught the worst of it. Regardless, this is why I'm really hoping to see an aftermarket bash plate for the front!

Also, the orange stripes on the hood are kinda neat. Not my cup of tea, but they do look sharp.
yea that’s me lol
That hurt but I was fortunate not to sustain more damage. The tow hook did indeed save me. I can’t watch that video anymore lol but it was my own fault. I usually check before I go up or down unfamiliar hills...this one I didn’t and paid for it.

I agree about a better skid plate up over the bumper, also the ecu is in the drivers side wheel well which makes no sense to me

yea the stripes are a love em hate Em thing but it def separates mine from the herd lol

Polemics

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did the same thing to my lower bumper. Cracked it in the same spot. I got a quote for $750 to replace it, which I am not going to do because I am bound to do that again. I will replace it with a steel bash plate.

Had anyone come across these yet?

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I did the same thing to my lower bumper. Cracked it in the same spot. I got a quote for $750 to replace it, which I am not going to do because I am bound to do that again. I will replace it with a steel bash plate.

Had anyone come across these yet?
I replaced my bumper 2x already. My 3rd bumper will be installed after I get my vehicle lifted ( gonna stay on the road as well now . I had my fun but don’t want to pay for more of it. )
I do think the bumper takes the impact. Next time it could be your radatior taking care the impact . Get some protection put in there ASAP ( I learned this the hard way )
Sponsored