radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I really wish they'd clarify what is meant by "Leather-Trimmed" seats on the Outer Banks. The 360 image for Navy Pier certainly looks like all-leather but using Build & Price, you get both "Leather-Trimmed" and "6-way Power Leather Seats" in the Summary. It doesn't actually say. Ford's cloth headrests in the Escape, for instance, grab the hairs on my head and it's INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. I cannot keep this order without this clarification and the dealer has no clue.
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Someone posted a spec sheet from Ford here: from that, I gather it's full leather and power and heated front seats: no part of it is cloth. I think Ford just uses "leather-trimmed" and "leather seats" to mean the same thing.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
It is a bit strange because on the original escape you could get the v6 on almost every trim

Even the power outputs are similar on the 2.5 escape vs 1.5 sport and 3.0 escape vs 2.0 sport. So why limit the 2.0 on the top trim only?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah...none of that makes sense. it's plain silly. 2L should have been an option at least on the OB trim.

That is why i think for people who want a trim lesser than BL, they really should wait and see if the 2022 models will have the option of getting the 2.0L in lower end trim levels. Almost always, car companies add more items to all trim levels in 2nd and later model year, and that CAN include engines.

Look at how the 2008 - 2012 Escape added more and more stuff (or optional stuff became standard) as years went on. I mean 1st year of that model 2008, still had the old 200 HP v6. Those who waited and got one in 2009 or later got the newer 240 HP v6.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
I'm seeing on the Sport and the larger Bronco that whomever is in charge of selecting what the options should be and for which options will or will not be available for each trim is someone who totally doesn't understand the target market for these vehicles. SMH....

mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Especially when you consider the sport will probably sell as well as the Bronco (c. 150k a year). Yet many fewer build configurations for the sport. They could add some more variation in and still have a lean build schedule.

Hound

Badlands
First Name
Hound
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento, Porsche 718
Totally agree with the frustration being expressed over the odd package/configuration combinations and limitations. Can't imagine Ford will sell many of the truly nice looking Outer Banks with that "not so smooth" 3-banger in it. It deserves a 4 cylinder! ------- Having said that, we have reserved a Cactus Gray Badlands, with the gray roof option, but WITHOUT the Badlands Package (whick has almost nothing we especially want, and a few things we definitely do not want). In this configuration we get precisely what we want.

Ford Bronco Sport A bit frustrated... Screenshot_20200728-090627

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Someone posted a spec sheet from Ford here: from that, I gather it's full leather and power and heated front seats: no part of it is cloth. I think Ford just uses "leather-trimmed" and "leather seats" to mean the same thing.
Given today's post with images from inside an Outer Banks, it does indeed appear to be "Leather Trimmed"... nothing makes sense LOL

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know I just saw it. IDK if even the BL pkg leather seats are "full" leather now that I look at more pics...

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If they are Alcantara, trimmed in leather, then I'm all in.

Alcantara feels great and is easy to maintain.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's probably some sturdy easy-to-clean cloth. The B-sport is not in the price league to offer alcantara. My BMW has cloth/alcantara seats, and headliner. I like it a lot. It is a nice material but one must take good care of it, otherwise it can "pile" pretty easily.
Sponsored