Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
On our 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, I notice it shifts into 8th gear at 63 MPH. This is in normal mode. Seems to hold 7th gear until then. It gets great gas mileage and shifts smooth. Anyone else notice this in the Badlands or First Edition units? I figured it would get in 8th gear around 55 MPH.
Thanks!
Sponsored

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
On our 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, I notice it shifts into 8th gear at 63 MPH. This is in normal mode. Seems to hold 7th gear until then. It gets great gas mileage and shifts smooth. Anyone else notice this in the Badlands or First Edition units? I figured it would get in 8th gear around 55 MPH.
Thanks!
Hey @Phil_R - It all depends on how you've been driving it. The ECU/TCU does somewhat adapt to your driving style even in Normal mode. Keep in mind that 6th gear is a 1:1 ratio, while 7th and 8th are overdrive gears for cruising and fuel mileage. Were you driving up slight grades when it was holding 7th gear? Running what grade fuel? The shift points seem pretty normal to us.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
Hey @Phil_R - It all depends on how you've been driving it. The ECU/TCU does somewhat adapt to your driving style even in Normal mode. Keep in mind that 6th gear is a 1:1 ratio, while 7th and 8th are overdrive gears for cruising and fuel mileage. Were you driving up slight grades when it was holding 7th gear? Running what grade fuel? The shift points seem pretty normal to us.
Thanks Corey! Running regular fuel driving easy on flat roads and hilly roads both. Does not seem to make any real difference when it shifts to 8th gear at 63 MPH. On my Jeep Gladiator Rubicon I had, it would shift all the time at 55 MPH between 7th and 8th gear. I really disliked that as it seemed to always be shifting and I felt it may cause tranny issues after a lot of miles. On this Bronco Sport, doing 50 MPH on flat roads in 7th gear, indicated on the dash I am getting 30+ MPG and that is wonderful. Thanks again for the reply!!!