Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Auxbeam 6 Switch
Thanks, do you happen to have a picture of the back of the controller? / Where the wire sits / Is it flat? Thinking of mounting options

OP
OP

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks, do you happen to have a picture of the back of the controller? / Where the wire sits / Is it flat? Thinking of mounting options
The back has two small retainer clips on it and two mounting points. I mounted mine flat against the plastic fascia with the bottom on the top of the shock mount cover. I put a rubber pad on the bottom of the switch box to lessen vibration. It's pretty much just a rectangular box. The power connector and all the accessory wires come out of one side so it's easy

OP
OP

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The actual controller box in the car is flat and come with either two sided tape or a mounting plate that can be angled. It has one wire coming out the back but is channeled so the controller sits flat.

OP
OP

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I might have misunderstood what you were after. Sorry!

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Is Auxbeam better than the RoughCountry one? Any differences?

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Is Auxbeam better than the RoughCountry one? Any differences?
To answer my own question, I like the Auxbeam better since it auto-brightens and auto-dims depending on surrounding light.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
For anyone deciding to pierce an existing factory grommet where other factory wiring is present, I highly recommend one of these piercing wiring tools:

Ford Bronco Sport 6 Switch  Auxbeam Switchbox installed ! wire-insertion-tool

The handle is hollow, so it's a continuous "tube" to run a cable/wire through. This allows you to pierce the grommet and run your wire through it nice and clean. Over on other forums, I read two accounts of people accidentally clipping the factory wiring harness when using drill bits to get through the grommets. One of those resulted in a 4-figure repair bill to replace the massive factory wiring bundle the guy accidentally grazed.

Anyway, the tool is about $10 through various outlets and is a worry-free way to punch wires through factory grommets. I used one on a Ford Ranger and wondered why I hadn't ever purchased one of these sooner.
Sponsored