richardjam911

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I’m so ready to trade this second bronco off and be done with ford . We got this one 3 to 4 months ago and the front started clunking noise well took to local dealer and they said everything was loose and also the lift the oringal dealer installed was the issue. So they don’t want to touch it if they did it would cost me the repairs. I took back to the dealer they did a trade for it’s brand new we know nothing about lifts and bigger tires. Everything was loose and had to tighten things up and then tells me it needed two control arms had to order them took over week to get and then he said he had to call lift company they sent new tie rod ends well this was second time there Tuesday. We two hrs away I waited for 5 to 6 hrs both times them to fix it they got things fixed and drove home then went to leave to goto the gym and started clunking again we made it to gym and I crawled under and found something broke took video of that and als where they didn’t put the liners back on bottom fasten them back both sides. He kept blaming us that we got a big hole in road we like to break something we would had whip lase bad we argued with them abou picking up the car and repairing it couldn’t get a loaner wife missed work and I missed work and we stressed out cause seems they don’t give two shits. So yesterday came and I called he said car fixed I kept asking what was broken fall on deaf ears and when we getting back we’ll it was after 4 back and forth and back and forth they finally brought the car back didn’t drive it then this morning I drove it and making grinding on right side call the dealer service manager doesn’t answer or don’t answer texts left many emails they never fixed the flaps they removed to fix something they flapping around he said they replaced a rod I’m like you said it was a bracket that broke he hasn’t talked to me since I am done with this bs and run around just want the car gone over and fixed right wife loves the car but stressed over the bs and runaround I just want a car that doesn’t cause bs daily

Ford Bronco Sport 23 Bronco sport big bend suspension issues IMG_8945

Ford Bronco Sport 23 Bronco sport big bend suspension issues IMG_8941

Ford Bronco Sport 23 Bronco sport big bend suspension issues IMG_8939

Sponsored

OP
OP
richardjam911

richardjam911

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Have call and text the dealership and no one to return calls. My next step is drive 2 hrs there again and raise hell I should be the one having to do all this so much stress we don’t need just want our car fixed right and no bs

OP
OP
richardjam911

richardjam911

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Nobody will take full responsibility of this and fix it all right I’m just paying for a car my wife won’t drive it’s very said both dealers blaming us and don’t care I’m done with this Bronco

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Nobody will take full responsibility of this and fix it all right I’m just paying for a car my wife won’t drive it’s very said both dealers blaming us and don’t care I’m done with this Bronco
I don’t blame you one bit. You should have left it stock. You want to modify the suspension buy a full Size 4x4. Not a little sport. My 2023 Big Bend has been flawless for 12,000 miles only thing I did was go with a little bigger tire size. Good Luck.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't know the manufacturer of the lift you have, some early lift designs caused clunking sounds to come from the front suspension.
Some suspension companies also offered swaybar drop brackets and if not installed correctly the brackets would break which could also damage the swaybar link.
Unless the Ford dealer your using is familiar with aftermarket lift kits for the BS there isn't anything they can really do.
I would look for a business that sells and installs lifts, like Total Offroad, you can search online and find some place in your area or close by.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Have you tried taking the lift off and just going stock? I don't know what's all involved but that may be easier. You might be able to find any needed parts from someone that did a lift and took them off.

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
You're first mistake was lifting a fwd based CUV. Just bring it back to stock and don't mess with it. If you want a big lifted rig get something like a regular Bronco.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
You're first mistake was lifting a fwd based CUV. Just bring it back to stock and don't mess with it. If you want a big lifted rig get something like a regular Bronco.
To be fair, I believe there are many on here that have added a lift with no issue.

I think OP bought theirs with the lift so they're stuck with whatever it came with. But I agree, take it back to stock and go from there.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
To be fair, I believe there are many on here that have added a lift with no issue.

I think OP bought theirs with the lift so they're stuck with whatever it came with. But I agree, take it back to stock and go from there.
Most folks add the lift themselves or go through a reputable off road shop with experience installing lifts. I'd never have dealership employee 19 year old Joe Bob who can't remember to put the oil plug back in 70% of the time be the one to modify the geometry of my brand new vehicle. I never would have bought that particular Sport.

I second what everyone else is saying. Have the original dealer remove the lift, check the work yourself or have a more reputable shop do it. If you still want a lift later on, do some reading and find the best one, then get the install done somewhere else.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Most folks add the lift themselves or go through a reputable off road shop with experience installing lifts. I'd never have dealership employee 19 year old Joe Bob who can't remember to put the oil plug back in 70% of the time be the one to modify the geometry of my brand new vehicle. I never would have bought that particular Sport.

I second what everyone else is saying. Have the original dealer remove the lift, check the work yourself or have a more reputable shop do it. If you still want a lift later on, do some reading and find the best one, then get the install done somewhere else.
Indeed, after a lift, I wonder how many shops do a wheel alignment AND headlight alignment since the attitude of the vehicle can be changed. I see that at least some lifts highlight that they raise the front greater than the rear suspension.

OP
OP
richardjam911

richardjam911

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I don’t blame you one bit. You should have left it stock. You want to modify the suspension buy a full Size 4x4. Not a little sport. My 2023 Big Bend has been flawless for 12,000 miles only thing I did was go with a little bigger tire size. Good Luck.
The dealer had the lift and wider tires put on it before we bought it we didn’t ask for it we didn’t do it the dealer did already had installed before we even bought it
I don't know the manufacturer of the lift you have, some early lift designs caused clunking sounds to come from the front suspension.
Some suspension companies also offered swaybar drop brackets and if not installed correctly the brackets would break which could also damage the swaybar link.
Unless the Ford dealer your using is familiar with aftermarket lift kits for the BS there isn't anything they can really do.
I would look for a business that sells and installs lifts, like Total Offroad, you can search online and find some place in your area or close by.

OP
OP
richardjam911

richardjam911

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Was told by the general manager/owner of dealership to basically to get f….. they don’t have to do anything. So now we have a car we can’t use
Sponsored