2025 4Runner teasers! [Updated with Rolldown Power Rear Window + April 9 Debut Date]

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Meh, does nothing for me. Not a fan.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
My "go-to" brands over the last twenty years have been Ford and Toyota. I am keenly interested in this, as well as the LandCruiser, for my wifes next vehicle. I just hope they aren't ridiculously priced (starting over 60K). If I can land either one for "in the 50s", I'm going to consider.

Reactions: MJE

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Eh, Toyota is not what is used to be when it comes to longevity and reliability so who knows how this one is gonna hold up. The third-gen Tundra's launch was a disaster, the new Tacoma I'm sure is next, the Land Cruiser will be about the same since it's the same platform, and the new 4Runner is also sharing the same platform. The only "true" Toyota left in their lineup is the current 4Runner with the old fashioned 4.0L V-6 and 5-speed automatic. Once that goes, Toyota will no longer have any tried and true engines left. Everything's turbo 4 and 6-cylinders with eight-speeds and cvts that are proving to not be that robust so far. Lots of software glitches and transmission failures, not to mention recalls. The only reliable new Toyota's you can get other than the 4Runner is the Camry and RAV4 with the 2.5L 4-cylinder. Everything else seems to be a problem child.

Last edited:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well as much as it pains me to say this (Iā€™m a Diehard Ford guy) one of my sons has a Toyota Corolla with a 150. thousand miles and outside of brakes an tires nothing has broken on it !!!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My "go-to" brands over the last twenty years have been Ford and Toyota. I am keenly interested in this, as well as the LandCruiser, for my wifes next vehicle. I just hope they aren't ridiculously priced (starting over 60K). If I can land either one for "in the 50s", I'm going to consider.
Iā€™m certainly interested in these as well. I could be wrong, but Iā€™m assuming thatā€™ll be the 4Runnerā€™s differentiating factor. Price. More parts commonality with the Taco, could they even build it in Mexico? Priced $10K below the equivalent LC (could they get cost down enough to have it start at $49K US even?), leaving that as the ā€˜premium offeringā€™ with overlap up to the GX & the 25 4Runner could be a hit.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looks like you got your wishā€¦ and you wonā€™t have to separately haul your beverage cooler .. win win šŸ˜‰

ā€œToyota is also bringing back a fully reinvented Land Cruiser, which it discontinued in the US in 2021 because of subpar sales. That vehicle has been reconceived as an exclusively hybrid model with touches like a beverage cooler in the center console and a starting price of $55,950ā€”about $30,000 less than the previous generation. Along with the Grand Highlander, which features extensive cargo space and seating for as many as eight, Toyota now counts four midsize SUVs in its lineup, including the standard Highlander.ā€

Here is the link to the Bloomberg article but is behind a paywall unless you have a news subscription

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-10/toyota-s-2025-4runner-plays-catch-up-with-hyundai-santa-fe-ford-explorer

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Nothing says rugged SUV quite like a front spoiler with 4" of clearance and a desktop monitor on the dash. Iā€™m not a Toyota hater. Iā€™m just disappointed as they have had twelve years to release this and itā€™s just not as cool as it could be. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll sell very well.