2023 Order - Concerned about what my dealer is saying

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
On 11/21 My wife and I ordered a 2023 BS badlands.
We did a deposit and have a signed purchase and sales.

On 11/23 before the holiday the dealer (not ford) sent an email that says:
Thank you for choosing to order your next Ford with us - we're excited to help you through the journey! Naturally, you're probably thinking "what's next" at this point? I wanted to break down what you should be expecting from us from now until your vehicle is delivered.

Once all the initial paperwork is done you will be receiving and email from Ford saying "Your order has been confirmed". If you do not see this email within 24 hours of placing your order with us - LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY!

After this, you'll likely not hear from us again for about 8 weeks while we wait for Ford to work on scheduling to get you a VIN and build date. Your next communication with us will be an update with a build week or date and a touch point every couple weeks to let you know of any updates as we get them.”

We went on vacation 11/24 - 11/30.

12/7 I returned to the dealer and they assured me it’s on order but no VIN # or Order# is provided, and no build confirmation. They said that could take weeks (?). I’m a bit confused now because that isn’t what the email said and the Ford 3.9% finance rate is for orders placed by 1/3/23.

We created an account on Ford.com with the same email and looked under reservations and orders and do not see anything. Its 12/9 and we have not received a message from ford that the order is confirmed.

How long does it take for Ford to acknowledge the orders and provide a order summary?
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Order Number is generated the day the order is placed. The VIN is assigned later once a Build Week is assigned. I got the confirmation email and order code the day my dealer submitted the order.

OP
OP

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
That is my concern. I’m worried that for some reason they are saying it’s ordered but didn’t actually order it. I’m not sure why they would do that. I’m going to reach out to Ford next. Then maybe just cancel with them and go with Granger to avoid this BS…

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would recommend find a dealer you can trust. You should get an Order Number the day the order is submitted. If they entered your email correctly you should get the confirmation email the day order is submitted.

OP
OP

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
Thanks. That is why I started asking questions. They keep telling me to check the Spam folder which we did, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't just give me the order number the other day when I was there, if in fact it was ordered...

Once we logged on and created an account with Ford and see no order associated with the email I don't believe them. Unless they typed the email in wrong when they sent it to Ford.

Neil

Big Bend
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Ordered my 2023 at the end of August. I received an order number from the dealer but no email from Ford until 6 weeks later (initial email confirmed they had the order). Still no VIN or production date 4 months later. Ford are really struggling to fulfill orders. I’m now not expecting to get mine until Spring.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Just an FYI - I've read that many folks who have ordered have never received an email (I am one of them) from Ford, after receiving an order # from their dealer.
I placed my order on 8/19, for a Heritage Limited and since I never received an email from Ford confirming my order, I called Ford CS and they confirmed my order and order # and that it was clear to be scheduled to be built and that my email that the dealer had submitted was correct and on file with my order.
Why did I not get an email from Ford confirming my order 🤔 no one seems to know

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I ordered at the end of October 2021. Received confirmation from Ford within 48 hours. Didn’t receive the vin until a few weeks later. Did get built for another 2 plus months and delivery took nearly a month.

You should verify they put your name and email on the order and not theirs. Some dealers do that to “manage” the communications.

Also as others above have said. Things are even more delayed then last year. But, confirmation still happens within a day or so at most from when the dealer submits the order if your name and email are listed on the order.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Thanks. That is why I started asking questions. They keep telling me to check the Spam folder which we did, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't just give me the order number the other day when I was there, if in fact it was ordered...

Once we logged on and created an account with Ford and see no order associated with the email I don't believe them. Unless they typed the email in wrong when they sent it to Ford.
I never received the initial email from Ford either, but I did receive my order sheet from my dealer that had my order number, etc. I also was able to call Ford and they confirmed my order was in the system. I was lucky enough that my order got picked up the first week they scheduled for the ‘23’s. Then I just had to wait until they actually started building them. Ohhh, once I called Ford, I was able to give them my email and since then I’ve been receiving the emails.

OP
OP

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
Interesting. Thanks for the replies. I tried Ford today via Chat and they said they could not help or look up an order with only the email.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Interesting. Thanks for the replies. I tried Ford today via Chat and they said they could not help or look up an order with only the email.
Yeah, they need the order number and the dealer sales code. If you had the order sheet from the dealer, it would have both those items on it. I’m surprised they didn’t give you the order sheet, to confirm what you ordered.

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Do you have an order sheet? If not, ask/demand the order sheet from your dealer. If they don't give it to you, I'd find a different dealer. Thats basic when placing an order.

Repool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion '08
My dealer told me that what they gave me was a "vehicle purchase agreement"(title at top of page) and the price or interest rate (unless better) wouldn't change when I got it. My rate is 5.99%, mind you I am in Canada (so that is why it's so high). So what you have there is what it will stay at.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Any correspondence with Ford corporate is a joke. They are very understanding but can’t/won’t/don’t do anything but commiserate but I guess that’s something.

OP
OP

Paultg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500; 2014 Subaru
Do you have an order sheet? If not, ask/demand the order sheet from your dealer. If they don't give it to you, I'd find a different dealer. Thats basic when placing an order.
We built the car online and they printed out the build before it was transmitted. So I have a build sheet per say with MSRP pricing breakdown. Then they hand wrote our agreed price. They also did a separate P&S with my deposit.
But all of this was generated prior to transmitting the order. So I don’t have anything with an order # or dealer sales code.
Sponsored