2023 Ford Escape Active (?)

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I actually prefer the knob after getting used to it. The knob is horrible in some vehicles (I'm looking at you, Fiat/Chrysler) where it doesn't give any feedback and you don't know how many gears you've gone through, but in every ford I've driven the knob has excellent feedback and I can easily know without looking I've gone one, two, three gears ahead (from Park to Drive).

In terms of the hot plastic smell at low mileage, yeah, happens to the Bronco sport too. Ended at about 1200 miles for me. Have to burn off all the stuff from building it at the factory...
Sponsored

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
You don't even need to spin it to park; just push the off button and the car shifts to park automatically. You can even watch the little knob turn itself. Magic!
I knew of that safety feature when I test drove, my salesman showed me, but I haven't thought about doing it since then... thanks!!! I assume there's no part we're putting additional wear on (at least no more than my crazy spinning lol)

OP
OP
vegasvic

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL, Ford F-150, Chevy C-10, '74+'75 Yamaha
Thanks for not beating me up too much about the tranny knob! I'll have to get used to it because the dealer says it'll be here in 2 weeks.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
You don't even need to spin it to park; just push the off button and the car shifts to park automatically. You can even watch the little knob turn itself. Magic!
I like my knob too.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I don't mind the knob at all. My problem is my wife's Ecosport. It still has a regular floor shifter. I drive both cars, so I have to shift accordingly.

OP
OP
vegasvic

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All right, my Sport is in Chicago waiting to catch another train to Minneapolis. I told the Ford guy I'll be in Chicago in 2 days so Maybe I can just pick it up and drive it home. No dice. He told me these cars can only drive slow until they prep the car then they fix that. Never knew that.

I've been thinking about the 'knob'. Perhaps its not the knob but its location I don't like. In my last couple rental cars I have my phone USB connected to the car. That wire is lying over the knob. My phone is stuffed down there. My wife's crap is there too. Makes it difficult to get to the knob. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

How about the rear window wiper. Am I the only one who catches it accidentally and it turns on? It happened in the rental Sport and the rental Escape. I pulled out of traffic and figured out how to turn it off so not an issue anymore.

Getting excited for it to arrive...

vic

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
... No dice. He told me these cars can only drive slow until they prep the car then they fix that. Never knew that.

vic
Hogwash. No such thing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I've been thinking about the 'knob'. Perhaps its not the knob but its location I don't like. In my last couple rental cars I have my phone USB connected to the car. That wire is lying over the knob. My phone is stuffed down there. My wife's crap is there too. Makes it difficult to get to the knob. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
There is a small pouch attached to the passenger-side console. Plug your phone in, then put it in the pouch. Use a short cable, or bundle up the cable you're using to keep things neat. That keeps the cable out of your way, and your phone doesn't occupy the storage area.

How about the rear window wiper. Am I the only one who catches it accidentally and it turns on? It happened in the rental Sport and the rental Escape. I pulled out of traffic and figured out how to turn it off so not an issue anymore.
Haven't heard of this problem yet. The only time I touch the wiper stalk is when it's raining, so turning on the rear wiper seems appropriate. Like anything new, you'll get habituated to the controls after using them for a time.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Takes a while to get used to gear knob but once you drive it a while you dont even think about it anymore....

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The old-style console stick shifter was always in the way -- we just didn't know it until they replaced it with a far more convenient dial. My last mistake to eradicate was grabbing the G.O.A.T. mode dial instead of the shift dial.

OP
OP
vegasvic

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I am all over the place! This Sport better show up in the next couple weeks or...who knows.

I drove home to see my mother today. Driving thru a small town I saw a Maverick sitting at the Ford dealer. The way back I pulled over to look at it. The bed is cute and tiny but not too tiny? Maybe not. Inside look nice. Outside looked nice. There was no window sticker so I have no idea what was in it or how much it cost. Maybe its in for somebody, I don't know.

I heard these were hard to come by and that's the main reason I stopped to look at it. It looked awfully nice. There are a lot of Sports in the town, lots! The dealership where mine will arrive has 2 sitting there already and the town is only 2,000 people. Not many Mavericks however...

vic

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
IMHO
First, Anything with the Bronco name is best and worth waiting for.
Second, you ‘guys’ need to quit talking about your ’knobs’ and/or ‘sticks’.
Third, Sports are better than Mavericks because the cargo is protected from all weather.
😆😂

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The old-style console stick shifter was always in the way -- we just didn't know it until they replaced it with a far more convenient dial. My last mistake to eradicate was grabbing the G.O.A.T. mode dial instead of the shift dial.
Grabbing the shift dial instead of the G.O.A.T. mode dial would definitely be more problematic.🤯
Sponsored