Outer Banks
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
Good morning,
I understand that there have been several threads discussing the engine covers for the BS. Specifically the one missing from later models. My dealer told me that they quit installing them from the factory over heat concerns left over from the Escape issues. Anyone have thoughts on that?
My dealer also has one in stock I am probably going to buy if it's not causing any issues. It seems like a good thing to have along with the hood insulation.
I've attached a picture of the one they have in stock, but it looks different from the pictures owners have posted. They are saying it is the one that fits my 2023 Outer Banks, but the dates are old so I was wondering if anyone more experienced than I am can confirm this is the right one or not before I buy it.
Thanks for your help.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Engine Cover IMG_2041.PNG
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Why not just buy it and see if it fits? If it doesn't simply take it back. These are rare, and now that you've advertised publicly that your dealer has one in stock it might not last long. I'd grab it now if you've decided an engine cover is a necessity.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Just got off the phone from a Ford Parts Dealer in Bartow,Florida. I had put in an online order for an engine cover and the 3 studs. A gentleman from the parts counter called to tell me that the engine cover is now obsolete !!! Ford wasn’t having anymore made, because it’s designed as an Insulator it was keeping the temperatures up in the engine bay, they (meaning Ford ) decided to not even make the covers anymore. He was calling me to cancel my order.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Covers cause heat and are now obsolete? That what dealers say?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Good morning,
I understand that there have been several threads discussing the engine covers for the BS. Specifically the one missing from later models. My dealer told me that they quit installing them from the factory over heat concerns left over from the Escape issues. Anyone have thoughts on that?
My dealer also has one in stock I am probably going to buy if it's not causing any issues. It seems like a good thing to have along with the hood insulation.
I've attached a picture of the one they have in stock, but it looks different from the pictures owners have posted. They are saying it is the one that fits my 2023 Outer Banks, but the dates are old so I was wondering if anyone more experienced than I am can confirm this is the right one or not before I buy it.
Thanks for your help.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Engine Cover IMG_2041.PNG
That's the same one I put on my '23 OBX. I ordered it last fall, and had it before my OBX was even built. Grab it while you can.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I don't know what the real rationale behind the engine cover is after watching them drop folding rear headrests and 3 cents of rubber for a pen holder (no chips in those!)...

I find it unusual that Ford dropped the engine cover from the 1.5L first, then the 2.0L. Maybe they were running through stock at the factory, who knows.

Where I live I park outside and there's woods so an engine cover may provide additional spots for rodents... not having the engine cover as the vehicle shipped, not so tempted to pay the price to outfit that to my 23 BS BL... (Folding headrests on the other hand... huge convenience...)

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I still have one for sale @ $2350.15, and I'll pay for shipping in any of the 48 continental states.

Get it while the gettin's good.

I'm in such a good mood that I'll toss in the 3 small ball mounts too.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
If engine cover values sky rocket due to supply demand maybe some of us throw ours on ebay and cash out?

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have a high mileage big bend,?first year of issue with one year only rare Rapid red paint that was an extra cost, folding rear head rests, temperature display dial, dash mounted release for rear hatch and the highly coveted, by some, engine cover/rodent housing. Many hood and roof paint chips display great patina and pretty bald factory original tires. $75,000 and I’ll throw in the engine cover. 😃 small bills us dollars only please

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
$75,000 and I’ll throw in the engine cover. 😃 small bills us dollars only please
Future collector vehicle good investment.

OP
OP

Russell

Outer Banks
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
Thank you all for your informative and entertaining replies as always. I picked up the last known engine cover in the nation from my dealer, but have yet to install it. It just seems like a good idea in the harsh climate of the desert southwest. The spaghetti looking insulator thingy looks intimidating but I imagine all will be revealed.
Thanks
Russ

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you all for your informative and entertaining replies as always. I picked up the last known engine cover in the nation from my dealer, but have yet to install it. It just seems like a good idea in the harsh climate of the desert southwest. The spaghetti looking insulator thingy looks intimidating but I imagine all will be revealed.
Thanks
Russ
All you need is the cover and 3 short studs. The spaghetti looking insulator thingy is already on your engine.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
So if it can cause overheating issues, will the 100,000 plus BS already built and sold have to be recalled to have them removed?
Sponsored

Last edited: