Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
So if it can cause overheating issues, will the 200,000 plus BS already built and sold have to be recalled to have them removed?
Ha. Will be seeing lots on Ebay for cheap.
Sponsored

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Ha. Will be seeing lots on Ebay for cheap.
More than likely they will be advertised as "Rare" or "Vintage."
Whenever I see those in descriptions, I just have to laugh out loud.

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
Am I the only one that is surprised that the aftermarket hasn't moved in with a better alternative? I would think that a lighweight, plastic, vented vanity cover would sell as fast you you could make them. Ford could slap a Bronco logo on it and it would probably be one of the hottest accessories in their catalog.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Am I the only one that is surprised that the aftermarket hasn't moved in with a better alternative? I would think that a lighweight, plastic, vented vanity cover would sell as fast you you could make them. Ford could slap a Bronco logo on it and it would probably be one of the hottest accessories in their catalog.
They're not available on the aftermarket likely for the same reason Ford isn't installing them.

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
They're not available on the aftermarket likely for the same reason Ford isn't installing them.
I said lightweight, plastic, vented vanity cover.... Vehicles have had those for years. If I had a soybean-based piece of foam on my 2.0 I would swap it out in a second for what I've described (and have been on engines for years). It was a cost cutting move, no more, no less.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I said lightweight, plastic, vented vanity cover.... Vehicles have had those for years. If I had a soybean-based piece of foam on my 2.0 I would swap it out in a second for what I've described (and have been on engines for years). It was a cost cutting move, no more, no less.
You seem quite positive. Perhaps you should look into manufacturing these covers yourself. If you're right you could make a lot of money.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I posted one for sale in another thread. Only $2100.00 with free shipping. I lowered the price. I'll even toss in the console lid pen holder.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
That's the same one I put on my '23 OBX. I ordered it last fall, and had it before my OBX was even built. Grab it while you can.
Talked to my dealer and it was an inventory issue. If the assembly line had them then they put them on. If not then they were not going to hold up production for a non vital part so they left them off.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape, 2019 Edge, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
You guys have seen this aluminum one, right?

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BSGNC.html

HRG
Sponsored