Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Could the Bronco Sport lose a few?

Bronco looks set to lose several colors once production switches over to the new model year. Lightning Blue is an obvious candidate for the chopping block, as it was offered as an exclusive color for the First Edition models. The leaked image further indicates that Antimatter Blue, Velocity Blue, and Rapid Red have all been deleted for 2022.

Full Article
Sponsored

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
there will be colors dropped and colors added as per usual, helps keep the costumer interested.

at a auto assembly paint shop there is a complete paint system for each color from the bulk storage in the "paint kitchen" to the spray booths. several hundreds of feet of stainless steel pipe. they can save money by eliminating a color or two but not as much as you might think. the possible sales loss, who knows.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Don't know about the Bronco Sport, but Mike Levine tweeted that 2022 colors for the full size Bronco will be revealed at the Woodward Dream Cruise tonight at 7:30.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Someone got into the color codes and found a chili pepper red and a blue for the bronco as well as a green and Yellowstone yellow. All for the bronco but who knows

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone got into the color codes and found a chili pepper red and a blue for the bronco as well as a green and Yellowstone yellow. All for the bronco but who knows
You'll know at 7:30 tonight when the 2022 colors are announced at the Woodward Dream cruise.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I LOVE Area 51 but man if they offer the green thats been rumored for the Bronco I'm absolutely going to that instead.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Based on the release today only the bronco getting two new colors and losing two colors. Minus velocity blue and rapid red. Replaced with hot pepper red metallic and eruption green. No mention of the sport.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Ford Bronco Could Drop A Few Color Options 136085677

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Ford Bronco Could Drop A Few Color Options EruptionGreen-header

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on the release today only the bronco getting two new colors and losing two colors. Minus velocity blue and rapid red. Replaced with hot pepper red metallic and eruption green. No mention of the sport.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Ford Bronco Could Drop A Few Color Options 136085677

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Ford Bronco Could Drop A Few Color Options EruptionGreen-header
Eruption Green & Hot Pepper Red Metallic coming for 2022 Bronco. Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue and Rapid Red Going Away

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess Mike Levine doesn't care much about the Sport since the 2022 order banks open on 8/30, two weeks before the big Bronco. They obviously know what the 2022 colors are, why didn't they announce it now?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I guess Mike Levine doesn't care much about the Sport since the 2022 order banks open on 8/30, two weeks before the big Bronco. They obviously know what the 2022 colors are, why didn't they announce it now?
Spoiler alert...the sport is the economy off-roader. Being reasonable at least a lot of sport owners received their vehicles. Most bronco orders are sitting with roof issues etc. I have no issue with bronco buyers getting a bone. Want cool colors buy a bronco. I know what I bought into. Not directed at you, sometimes the want and wish for everything at the bargain basement price point.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I would never, ever own or consider owning a red car. But that said, the Rapid Red is a really slick looking color on both Bronco. It makes me want to add turned gold leaf stripes and a fire badge to the door. It's a really classy and fun combo. The Hot Pepper is noticeably a step worse than Rapid. I wish it went full orange-copper flake, and it would be better than any red or Cyber Orange.

Losing Antimatter (a.k.a. Alta) kinda sucks but the color was just too close to black IMO. If you put a Kodiak, Alta and Black Sport together in anything but direct sun, I defy you to tell them apart.

Eruption Green wouldn't be my top Ford green color, but it isn't bad and pairs well with both black trim and roof, or the carbon grey pieces like the BL roof or grills. Most car lineups are missing a green option too so this is a smart add. I would trade my Cyber Orange for a green '22 BS if the numbers made sense.

The Lightning Blue is really nice, but it was obviously their "intro year" color and was going to leave. When I shopped big Bronco, that was basically the only color I considered there. Maybe they'll use the leftover paint on the Sports!

I saw a swatch of Yellowstone. I think I need to see it in person. It doesn't look good as a swatch, but I think Ford has a big issue getting their renderings to look like the actual paint. I don't expect them to have a CIELAB compliant method to show color on the web, but man, most of the 2021 color is miles off from reality unless you looked at Black or White. Heck, just look at the Pepper truck vs. the Pepper rendering higher up in this thread.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
just my take but since the Maverick is built in the same factory you might get a hint on the 2022 B Sport colors by looking at the 2022 Maverick build and price web.
Sponsored