militaryhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Any significant upgrades? The only thing that stood out was the addition of USB ports in the back seat. Just tryna see what I should have fomo about since I have a 2021 waiting for me at home. Haha
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Any significant upgrades? The only thing that stood out was the addition of USB ports in the back seat. Just tryna see what I should have fomo about since I have a 2021 waiting for me at home. Haha
Not really. Many BB features (e.g., zipper pockets) are moved to the 'convenience package.' Universal garage door opener is also available. See here for all MY22 changes.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
The price appears to be significantly upgraded. Sticker on our Badlands was 38.3. Now it's 40,595 with the same equipment. Does look like the premium package comes with a universal garage door opener mine doesn't have (or atleast I dont think it has...).

Trailer package no longer comes with a full size spare on the badlands. Not sure if that's because they made it standard or removed it all together. Doesn't say. (edit full size spare is now standard on the badlands)

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Full size spare was always included on Badlands. It was also available included on the ā€˜21s with a couple of the other trim levels and packages if you added the tow package. Itā€™s mildly infuriating that the ā€œfull size spareā€ is included as 225/65-18 even when you upgrade to the 235/65 Falken Wildpeak tires. I wonder if theyā€™ll address that for ā€˜22, but somehow Iā€™ll doubt it.

Universal garage door opener was not available on the ā€˜21s but is now included with a couple packages on the ā€˜22s. Such as the Badlands Premium package. It was a curious omission on the ā€˜21s. The 2021 Bronco Sport was the *ONLY* vehicle Ford offered in ā€˜21 that did not have a garage door opener available on at least one trim level.

Not sure about the comments about USB in the rear seat. Once again, thatā€™s something that was already there in the ā€˜21 Badlands, at least with the Badlands [Premium] package. I canā€™t speak to other trims.

Moon roof is now a separate option that can be ordered on all trim levels.

Pricing went up from the last adjustment on the ā€˜21s when the ā€˜22 order banks opened. And then it seems Ford bumped it up a bit more when B&P went live.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Think of the BS as a box of chocolates ā€¦ you never know what you are going to get until you open it..and the hoodā€¦and the tailgateā€¦ :crackup:

OP
OP
ESBadlands

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150
A guy over on B6G got a picture of his black diamond coming off the assembly line with an outer banks sticker on his fender. You really donā€™t know what youā€™re going to get

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Universal garage door opener was not available on the ā€˜21s but is now included with a couple packages on the ā€˜22s. Such as the Badlands Premium package. It was a curious omission on the ā€˜21s. The 2021 Bronco Sport was the *ONLY* vehicle Ford offered in ā€˜21 that did not have a garage door opener available on at least one trim level.
I also have a Maverick Hybrid on order and god knows when I'll ever see that but I can tell you the guys in the Maverick forum are jealous of the universal garage door opener being available on some trim levels on the '22 BS not to mention the GPS.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Moon roof is now a separate option that can be ordered on all trim levels.
Moonroof not available on Base so not "all trim levels". But for '22 Cargo Management System can be ordered for a Base where as in '21 not available on Base....

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I said the same thing about Rapid Red (the color of my destroyed 2021 BS). The replacement 2022 I ordered will be Hot Pepper Red and Iā€™m semi obsessed with seeing it in person to make sure Iā€™m good with it. One local dealer has a HPR Ranger and another has a HPR Fiesta, so I keep driving past both to check them out. Why would they abandon a beautiful color like Rapid Red after one year?
I mentioned in your thread about how far you'd go to get a Rapid Red replacement. There's a guy that posted on the forum's FB page that has a Badlands Rapid Red en route to Michigan. Yeah, it's Michigan, but they only want MSRP for it. Couldn't cost more than a grand or two to drive it home.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Build & Price is Live! X8R6FkI&tn=_7Sk_CfMiNOM7eDN&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

Charlie Vayas

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - Wildtrak (LATAM version)
I said the same thing about Rapid Red (the color of my destroyed 2021 BS). The replacement 2022 I ordered will be Hot Pepper Red and Iā€™m semi obsessed with seeing it in person to make sure Iā€™m good with it. One local dealer has a HPR Ranger and another has a HPR Fiesta, so I keep driving past both to check them out. Why would they abandon a beautiful color like Rapid Red after one year?

I talked to my local dealer about it and their reasoning made sense. They mentioned that both Rapid Red and Kodiak Brown were special colors listed for early adopters. Even though we didn't get to have a First Edition, we were sort of privileged at having these options available.

Ps. Im so sorry about your destroyed 2021 BS. When I read a couple of months back your post I was quite disconcerted by it. Im glad you are ok and that the car's safety features worked impeccably.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I talked to my local dealer about it and their reasoning made sense. They mentioned that both Rapid Red and Kodiak Brown were special colors listed for early adopters. Even though we didn't get to have a First Edition, we were sort of privileged at having these options available.

Ps. Im so sorry about your destroyed 2021 BS. When I read a couple of months back your post I was quite disconcerted by it. Im glad you are ok and that the car's safety features worked impeccably.
Thanks for the info and the good wishes. Iā€™m hoping the 2022 I ordered will be here by early spring so I can consider it a birthday present. If I hadnā€™t ordered it, I very well might have been road tripping to Michigan ;-)

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Dealership
Hello everyone, I'm Dexter with Koons Woodbridge Ford. I am offering 3% off of invoice for factory orders on the Bronco Sport.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2010 Limited
Not sure about the comments about USB in the rear seat. Once again, thatā€™s something that was already there in the ā€˜21 Badlands, at least with the Badlands [Premium] package. I canā€™t speak to other trims.
They introduced the rear USB A and C ports into later builds of the 21 model year when they also changed the 12v and usb layout. As you can see here the earlier versions only had the 110V even the Badlands trim.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
They introduced the rear USB A and C ports into later builds of the 21 model year when they also changed the 12v and usb layout. As you can see here the earlier versions only had the 110V even the Badlands trim.
Hmm.. When did they supposedly make this change? Our Badlands was manufactured early April and has the rear USB A and C ports. Actually the BL we test drove way back when (February-ish) had them and it was one of the first dealer mannequins delivered here. Iā€™m not disputing the ports being absent, just as the video shows. Iā€™m not so sure I buy the ā€œlater buildsā€ thing. Perhaps some builds didnā€™t have them due to supplier/parts issues. Kinda like how some BL+BL were produced without the moonroof or engine covers or other things. We have our moon roof, engine cover, underbody skid plates, etc.. that Iā€™ve seen others report as MIA.
Sponsored