Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I have a line on a 2021 BL + BL available now and on a lot. I'm not in a rush for a vehicle. I was really set on waiting for 2022MY to show up and get some more thought out option package and maybe engineering updates (like the tiny rear wiper) and the faster SYNC4. With the delays and shortages I just don't know when we'll see MY22 info- dealership said maybe not until October. I know there's going to be an inflation hit too (look at beef prices lately!). I really feel like this is the last BL + BL I might stumble on as they are no longer produced/orderable and only get scarcer for a year or longer. Would you sign the papers now and accept the less inflation price as justification for "flaws" of the '21, or hold out and hope good tweaks get made on the launch design?
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I have a line on a 2021 BL + BL available now and on a lot. I'm not in a rush for a vehicle. I was really set on waiting for 2022MY to show up and get some more thought out option package and maybe engineering updates (like the tiny rear wiper) and the faster SYNC4. With the delays and shortages I just don't know when we'll see MY22 info- dealership said maybe not until October. I know there's going to be an inflation hit too (look at beef prices lately!). I really feel like this is the last BL + BL I might stumble on as they are no longer produced/orderable and only get scarcer for a year or longer. Would you sign the papers now and accept the less inflation price as justification for "flaws" of the '21, or hold out and hope good tweaks get made on the launch design?
It's a tough call tbhwy. Depends on many factors like your finances, MY22 release date, near and mid term inventory levels, parts shortages resolution, future inflation, market trends, etc. I don't know if the truly right decision could be made now having so many variables in play.

If that was me and I needed a new car short term, say within next 3-4 months, then I'd act now. Anything longer then I'd assume the worst that you might not be able to get it til sometime into 2022 and see if you how that'd work for you. I'd also consider what your gut's telling you. HTH.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For what it's worth, challenger released in 2006. I waited until 2012, got one down the line. Five years of ownership the alternator went bad under recall. The side windows have no B-post so they drop a quarter inch to clear the door, the motors in both doors went haywire, refused to go up, refused to go down, pick the day. The moon roof would stick open, part way open, all the way closed, depending on the day. The nav screen went out...sold it and bought an 18. So far so good, had to replace the nav screen...twelve years after introduction...waiting won't eliminate all problems.

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
One option for you could be a 2 year lease now and then on to a 2023, just saying.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wait another day or so and that BL BL will be gone and someone else will own it. I would expect Ford to continue to try to improve the BS. But what changes will be made in '22 no one knows any time soon. Sometimes car manufactures change things and introduce new/different issues caused by a change.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Wait another day or so and that BL BL will be gone and someone else will own it. I would expect Ford to continue to try to improve the BS. But what changes will be made in '22 no one knows any time soon. Sometimes car manufactures change things and introduce new/different issues caused by a change.

I am thinking that if there are supply issues for 2021 parts, they probably won't change much for 2022 because there still will probably be a supply issue(s) for 2022 parts. Just saying.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I really wouldn’t hold my breath for Sync4 ever coming to the bronco sport. Ford announced earlier this year that starting MY23 all of their cars infotainment systems are changing over to one made by Google. I’m assuming with that they won’t reengineer any current cars to upgrade just reengineer it again the next year to work with Google’s.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
With my experience working for several car manufacturers, I would say that you are very unlikely to see any significant changes in just one year after a major release. It’s possible, but unlikely.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I expect some different exterior/ interior color changes and little else.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I expect the same, with perhaps some minor tweaks to power train control module logic, an update to Sync, and perhaps a minor exterior or interior modification to address customer feedback.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am only using the challenger as my reference point. When it released, similar buzz and nostalgia minus supply issues, they were hot sellers. It wasn't until 2017 when they changed to the infinity loop grill and tail lights. Eleven years before they made any real changes, and even now, my gen 2 is pretty much the same vehicle I purchase in 2012, with the biggest change being the all wheel drive option. Granted they released hellcat, then demon, but they took a hot selling car and it remained relatively unchanged. Considering Ford has a monster on it's hands, the sport is not the Bronco, where I expect all of the attention to go. They are already hinting at a Green color for the Bronco for MY22 and it hasn't even released yet...I think a lot of people hoping for more than what they have will be disappointed. Supply issues are making it difficult to get the base offerings from the first release. And economic analysts are predicting the chip and supply issue is just now coming to a head and may roll into 2023 before there is any stability.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Would you sign the papers now and accept the less inflation price as justification for "flaws" of the '21, or hold out and hope good tweaks get made on the launch design?
If you're intent on the BL+BL and can't wait, I'd suggest sooner rather than later, especially if you can get 0.9% financing from Ford.

From what I've read in the threads here, certain options (BL, 360 Assist+) introduce additional production delays. If supply constraints remain for another 12-18 months, then it seems possible to me that Ford will raise prices or cancel certain options that require additional components.

While you can find Big Bends pretty readily, Assist+ is becoming harder to find on lots so I purchased a BB with that package instead of waiting. I'm not as concerned about 'first year issues' because of all the reused components.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I'm on the fence too about waiting or not at this point.

One thing I'm curious about is whether they will keep the BB and OB packages available without moonroofs, or are those temporary measures to deal with the supply issues?

I would really like an OB + OB without moonroof, + tow. That's all.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm on the fence too about waiting or not at this point.

One thing I'm curious about is whether they will keep the BB and OB packages available without moonroofs, or are those temporary measures to deal with the supply issues?

I would really like an OB + OB without moonroof, + tow. That's all.
Honestly I don't know why the moonroof was wrapped into the trim packs anyways. Seems like they could have managed it like the tow and 360+

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Hey! I just want to give a big thank you to everyone that took the time to share a thought or insight about my dilemma.

I have to agree with the majority of people that pointed out why they probably won't change up the car significantly and it won't get cheaper MSRP than it is now. So I took home this Cyber Orange BL + BL. It's crazy loaded. It has everything I wanted and way more; because they jammed all the options into one package, it's got the moonroof and the B&O sound that I wasn't too interested in. But I have to say to anyone still shopping, that sound is way nicer than the stock. Much more rich and dynamic. I also opened the roof on the way home for a fresh air vent.

This one also has the 360+ which I was sure I did not want (I'm a control freak about driving). The upgraded cruise is ridiculously clever. This car almost drove itself home. I set the cruise and we automatically slowed down and sped up for each obstacle. The only thing it couldn't handle was one dude coming down the onramp that totally refused to "merge" and not speed up or slow down to go in front or behind me and I had to brake. Otherwise the 4cyl turbo has ridiculous power for this size car. I drove the whole route, hills and all, in "Eco" and the car never hesitated. I don't know if the OB I was originally shopping for could do that.

I have some plans on what to add and mod to this, but this is how it came off the lot. Anyone else in Portland OR area looking, Northside is a great place to buy and zero pressure tactics. They do straight MSRP on Bronco models. They still have (had!?) a "Sister" Badlands car on the lot today but w/o the Badlands package. I know a lot of people are still looking and I hope you find what you want.
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 v 2022 DSC04868.JPG
Sponsored