erik1220

First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Chrysler 300S, '89 Toyota MR2, '09 Altima
SAME - i hate my sunroof after the drains got clogged and water pooled on the driver's side floor on my Escape (2010). At least I know how to check it and how to maintain the drains now... - still, i really wish there was a sunroof delete option on BL package.
Totally agree. Especially since the Badlands is the full Off-roading model. I want the maximum roof weight limit of 150lbs so I can add a roof top tent and awning without exceeding weight limits. The additional inch or so of headroom inside is always nice too.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
Thatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
WHAT!? really? I hope this is an error in the sourcebook because all promo the videos and pics are showing the under seat storage with the brown leather interior that comes in the BL package....

EDIT (I just checked and it is only standard on BL and FE... not available in OB or anything below BL)
Yah I spent some time figuring that out too. The wording was a bit inconstant.

Also seems that there is no memory seats even on the top trim or packages....

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
Thatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
Wait.. that still doesn't make sense, as the Tow package is available on the Big Bend and Outer Banks as well.

There's still something weird with the configs...
Ok Ford one of us needs 5 minutes with a bronco sport and a tape measure and we can work this out for you.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Ford Fusion
SAME - i hate my sunroof after the drains got clogged and water pooled on the driver's side floor on my Escape (2010). At least I know how to check it and how to maintain the drains now... - still, i really wish there was a sunroof delete option on BL package.
I agree. I could easily do without the sunroof or moon roof and wish it wasn't included in the Badlands option package, especially after learning that it cuts into your interior space.

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
WHAT!? really? I hope this is an error in the sourcebook because all promo the videos and pics are showing the under seat storage with the brown leather interior that comes in the BL package....

EDIT (I just checked and it is only standard on BL and FE... not available in OB or anything below BL)
I'm really starting to lose focus on what really will be in a FE when mine comes in. Online says storage compartment, build sheet says no. This ebook says no navigation. No Assist 2.0 is where navigation is. However Sync3 has the same navigation per the online configurator? Now per the build sheet:

1595461693529.png

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
I'm really starting to lose focus on what really will be in a FE when mine comes in. Online says storage compartment, build sheet says no.
I agree. They are doing a good job of making me second-guess decision about FE. I don't really know what is an authoritative document. Example: the eSourceBook that was shared, page 75, shows under-seat as standard on both BL and FE.

And now, looking at the Badlands Package (96X), it includes most of the FE options (including the moonroof). (page 79).
  • 4-way manually adjustable head restraint driver and front-passenger
  • 6-way power passenger leather-trimmed seat
  • 8-way power driver leather-trimmed seat
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10-speakers including subwoofer
  • Door handles — body-color
  • Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
  • HD Radio
  • Power moonroof
  • Remote Start System
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Steering wheel — heated and leather-wrapped
  • Wireless charging pad
Certainly, I missed this. So, what is it I'm getting with an FE? Navy Pier interior, decals, Class II tow package, A/T Off-Road Tire.

If I did the BL with BL Package (96X) and Class II tow package (MSRP 38,285 ) and A/T 235/65R17 tires rather than FE (MSRP 39,995 ), what additional value am I really getting for the extra $1700?

I'm not wanting to dither but it is not clear to me. Maybe I could get some of the extra goodies being described in the concept rigs that were just posted.

What do you all think?

txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
I agree. They are doing a good job of making me second-guess decision about FE. I don't really know what is an authoritative document. Example: the eSourceBook that was shared, page 75, shows under-seat as standard on both BL and FE.

And now, looking at the Badlands Package (96X), it includes most of the FE options (including the moonroof). (page 79).
  • 4-way manually adjustable head restraint driver and front-passenger
  • 6-way power passenger leather-trimmed seat
  • 8-way power driver leather-trimmed seat
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10-speakers including subwoofer
  • Door handles — body-color
  • Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
  • HD Radio
  • Power moonroof
  • Remote Start System
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Steering wheel — heated and leather-wrapped
  • Wireless charging pad
Certainly, I missed this. So, what is it I'm getting with an FE? Navy Pier interior, decals, Class II tow package, A/T Off-Road Tire.

If I did the BL with BL Package (96X) and Class II tow package (MSRP 38,285 ) and A/T 235/65R17 tires rather than FE (MSRP 39,995 ), what additional value am I really getting for the extra $1700?

I'm not wanting to dither but it is not clear to me. Maybe I could get some of the extra goodies being described in the concept rigs that were just posted.

What do you all think?
All valid observations, That's why I skipped on the FE and went with Badlands. I saw more value in the aftermarket goodies more than making up any differences the FE had over the Badlands.

Phillyman

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
Def glad I chose badlands + badlands after reading this. Kind of shocked it doesn’t mention anything about Park Assist. Not that it’s a necessary feature since I can parallel well but it’s still shocking that with so many semi-autonomous features that they would leave that out... what gives?

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2017 Edge Sport
Def glad I chose badlands + badlands after reading this. Kind of shocked it doesn’t mention anything about Park Assist. Not that it’s a necessary feature since I can parallel well but it’s still shocking that with so many semi-autonomous features that they would leave that out... what gives?
This and the lack of 360+ in the FE really needs to be clarified/explained.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This and the lack of 360+ in the FE really needs to be clarified/explained.
I have pinged my local dealer. Unfortunately, they tell me they know less about this than I do because of this forum! So i'm not sure whio will be doing the clarifying!

Phillyman

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
I have pinged my local dealer. Unfortunately, they tell me they know less about this than I do because of this forum! So i'm not sure whio will be doing the clarifying!
Just sent a text to my dealer also but really not holding my breathe. Something tells me it won’t be an option for some unknown reason. Like why the sport also won’t be getting sync4. Womp Womp.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2017 Edge Sport
Just sent a text to my dealer also but really not holding my breathe. Something tells me it won’t be an option for some unknown reason. Like why the sport also won’t be getting sync4. Womp Womp.
Getting Sync 3 at least makes sense since they're getting 80% of the parts from the Escape, but it's not like those don't have park assist or 360+ available, so....

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All valid observations, That's why I skipped on the FE and went with Badlands. I saw more value in the aftermarket goodies more than making up any differences the FE had over the Badlands.
One more question. If i read the configurator & eSourcebook correctly, to get navigation, you have three options.
  • Buy the $795 Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package. Ouch!
  • Use Apple CarPlay
  • Use a Garmin
Is this correct? Beyond adaptive cruise control, do any of you think it is worth it? It seems expensive.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
One more question. If i read the configurator & eSourcebook correctly, to get navigation, you have three options.
  • Buy the $795 Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package. Ouch!
  • Use Apple CarPlay
  • Use a Garmin
Is this correct? Beyond adaptive cruise control, do any of you think it is worth it? It seems expensive.
I personally don’t think it’s worth it. I use apple car play on my wife’s car and the map works great on the screen.