First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My husband was coming home from work stopped at a traffic light, and the bronco just shut off no power whatsoever. He couldn’t even put the hazards on. He was scared for his life. He was waving traffic around him, and then he couldn’t get it in neutral, because there was no power. I’ve looked high and low and I can’t find any information on how to put this car in neutral with no power.
I did, however, find a bunch of people complaining that they have had the same issue where the bronco just shut off. There is no recall for this and I have never heard what it actually is like what the problem is. We had to have it towed the nearest Ford dealership which of course is not open on the weekend so we have no car. No rental car. No loaner car no answers and I’m very stressed out.
I noticed recently that the car felt like it was choking a bit when I was driving it my husband started noticing what I was talking about.
So has anyone else had this experience?
Is this a warranty thing?
What do I do?
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
When I read breakdowns like this, it makes me want to buy an AGM battery. Though, that may not solve the problems but it seems more than a few are having battery issues.

Sig Oris

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSOB
Many of us on the Ranger5g forum keep them on battery maintaine when parked. I also did this for our MY21 BS-OBX. The BMS system only allows the battery to be charged to 70%. Even if you drive for eight hours continuously. This is the charger Ford rebrands:

https://smartercharger.com/products/ctek-mxs-5-0

i ran the wires up to the windshield area.

hopefully you have a simple dead battery issue and are under warranty

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many people think because they drive the vehicle say two hours, the battery is fully charged. No, it isn't. After driving a long time, when you add a Battery Tender maintainer, mine shows less than 85% with its red light on. After a few hours, I get the blinking green which means 85% charged, and then hours later a solid green full charge.
Shorts trips are even worse for batteries etc.

Sirwallace

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
My husband was coming home from work stopped at a traffic light, and the bronco just shut off no power whatsoever. He couldn’t even put the hazards on. He was scared for his life. He was waving traffic around him, and then he couldn’t get it in neutral, because there was no power. I’ve looked high and low and I can’t find any information on how to put this car in neutral with no power.
I did, however, find a bunch of people complaining that they have had the same issue where the bronco just shut off. There is no recall for this and I have never heard what it actually is like what the problem is. We had to have it towed the nearest Ford dealership which of course is not open on the weekend so we have no car. No rental car. No loaner car no answers and I’m very stressed out.
I noticed recently that the car felt like it was choking a bit when I was driving it my husband started noticing what I was talking about.
What do I do?
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Big Bend just quit suddenly Screenshot_20230819-182518_Drive

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
What do I do?
was the auto start/stop function active?

OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I believe it was

I just received notification that my BS has entered deep sleep mode to conserve battery energy.
She’s sitting at a Ford dealership 80 miles from home, their service department isn’t open on the weekend.

OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m confused with your response.
My Bronco isn’t a hybrid. Is what your talking about having to do with a hybrid battery charge?

Many people think because they drive the vehicle say two hours, the battery is fully charged. No, it isn't. After driving a long time, when you add a Battery Tender maintainer, mine shows less than 85% with its red light on. After a few hours, I get the blinking green which means 85% charged, and then hours later a solid green full charge.
Shorts trips are even worse for batteries etc.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m confused with your response.
My Bronco isn’t a hybrid. Is what your talking about having to do with a hybrid battery charge?
Regular battery in your BS. Battery maintainer that keep the BS fully charged when parked.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I wonder if this is gonna be covered under the warranty. We’re past the three year 36,000. We’ve got 52,000 on it.
No, it won't. You're beyond the bumper-to-bumper coverage period, which means the powertrain warranty coverage is all that remains. According to the warrant guide, the powertrain warranty covers:
  • the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads,
    electrical fuel pump, powertrain control module, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, engine thermostat, engine thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;
  • Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts (front and rear); Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, support bracket, front bearings, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints; Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, rear bearings, center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints. Four-Wheel/All-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, support bracket, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.
The only other items covered during this period are the restrain systems (airbags, etc.) and body panel corrosion.

OP
OP
prissychrissy72

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We just had the recall done on this with the tube that needed to be put on the car and Ford had come out to my husband‘s work and did the work on the car, he said he inspected everything, etc. etc. the car started acting funny after that, it felt like it was choking a little bit like I could feel it with driving it at lower speeds, it was kind of choking, and then the current issue where the car completely died.
So now I’m wondering if maybe the guy didn’t connect it back properly or tight enough I’m trying to find out how to get this covered because we shouldn’t be having all these problems.
Sponsored