poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base
So I was able to squeeze 255/75r17 nitto trail grapplers on this. I have some rubbing to still attend to but overall. HAPPY ?

what do y’all think about my stuffed sport?
The pic of the cactus grey is my moms big bend. She is 100% stock and I’m about 5” taller with the lift and tires. Definitely doesn’t look like a mom bronco anymore.

Ford Bronco Sport 2” kit Woolworth (fordrangerslifts) installed 9DCD1260-3CFC-4C27-B120-77EB735EAAF6

Ford Bronco Sport 2” kit Woolworth (fordrangerslifts) installed 1A99DFFD-22AD-459D-A552-1B8007EB9F41

Ford Bronco Sport 2” kit Woolworth (fordrangerslifts) installed C096B3C7-646E-4C90-A0A4-3FBBD9D71464

Ford Bronco Sport 2” kit Woolworth (fordrangerslifts) installed FB28ABD9-D38F-4A4D-8C8A-86BEBF484F76
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Looks awesome, aside from that nasty Texas Rangers license plate. ?

what is the ride like, so far? Kinda rough?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
awesome!

and yeah, that side by side comparison, what a difference it makes.
did you install it?
how's the ride quality after?

nice job!

OP
OP
poptarts

poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base
Looks awesome, aside from that nasty Texas Rangers license plate. ?

what is the ride like, so far? Kinda rough?
hahaha I got that plate just so I can use it as an excuse to not run a front plate :) but hey at least they have all their titles from being a good team and not cheating hahahahahah

the ride is the same as stock, the tires are aired to 30 PSI. When the tire shop installed my tires they had them at 42 PSI and they measured 33.5” tall… at 30PSI they are measuring at 33.1”… I have to do a little more trimming but over all I am a lot happier than BFG could ever make me

OP
OP
poptarts

poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base
awesome!

and yeah, that side by side comparison, what a difference it makes.
did you install it?
how's the ride quality after?

nice job!
thanks. I’ll snap a couple more side by side comparison pics tongiht when I get home. I didn’t install it myself. I had a local shop in weatherford Tx install. Took them just under 4 hours.
Ride quality with stock tires was basically the same as stock. But with the beefy tires they do road walk a little and my Speedo is waaaaay off. At 70 mph on the Speedo I’m really doing 78 mph according to waze.

overall I would 100% recommend and do it again

garagelogic

Outer Banks
First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
I imagine rim width is playng a factor... 255/75 is a 10 inch wide tire..
Section width might be 10", but a suggested wheel width would be 7-8.5", by my calculation, for that tire.

OP
OP
poptarts

poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base
yes the tire height is 32" and width is 10". so when I put it on the 7" rim it did kinda bubble a tad giving me that extra .5" height. I have dropped the PSI to 28 psi and its 32.2" tall. I am still rubbing full lock and might need to trim a tad more. but I def need a little bit of offset. that is next on the list im thinking..

jwagner3

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco sport
yes the tire height is 32" and width is 10". so when I put it on the 7" rim it did kinda bubble a tad giving me that extra .5" height. I have dropped the PSI to 28 psi and its 32.2" tall. I am still rubbing full lock and might need to trim a tad more. but I def need a little bit of offset. that is next on the list im thinking..
What offset are the wheels you put on

OP
OP
poptarts

poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Looks fantastic !
But I wouldn’t want my Base engine to work that hard every time I pull off from a stop.
Off road, much more strain on the drive train.
If I did that to mine I’d plan on trading it in before I had 100k miles on the clock.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Looks fantastic !
But I wouldn’t want my Base engine to work that hard every time I pull off from a stop.
Off road, much more strain on the drive train.
If I did that to mine I’d plan on trading it in before I had 100k miles on the clock.
This exactly. It looks awesome but the performance, or lack of, has to be dramatic. It's not just the diameter difference, it's the added weight of the tires. Going from the stock continentals at 24 lbs. each to those Nittos at 59 lbs. each is huge.

But who am I to talk? Back in my younger days I put a 4 inch suspension lift and 33s on my '91 Explorer 2 door. That 4 liter V6 only had 155 hp.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
To me, something doesn't look right, the tires are too big for the stock rims and too big for the lift, I see all kinds of potential rubbing issues unless you do some heavy trimming, also the performance hit must be huge.
I'd step down to a more reasonable tire size, something in the 30" diameter range, then you'd have looks and better performance.
It's your truck, if your happy that's all that matters.
Sponsored