V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Interested to know what additives you are using.
The oil additive I use is called MOA 115. I added it about the midpoint between oil changes. I was on the fence about what to use, between MOA and Liquid Moly Ceratec. Both have excellent reviews on Amazon. After using MOA the annoying tik that is common on Eco Boost engines almost disappeared. The strange compressor like pumping sound slso disappeared. I may have seen a slight mileage gain but really insignificant.

The fuel additive I use is called "Fuel Factor X", Google it and read up on it. My experience with it is excellent. It's expensive but the payback is over 10X the cost. The manufacturer recommends 7 doses (7 fillups) to realize its full potential. I didn't see any massive gains until my 3rd dose, on my last fillup a couple of days ago, 5th Dose, my gain from the 1st tank was a minimum of 15%. That's a conservative percentage. All of the mods, hyper-driving and other tweaks helped a little in gaining mpg but this product was by far my best investment. Read up on it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Sponsored

Last edited:

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Itā€™s embarrassing in 2022 that car manufacturers canā€™t make a car that gets at least 30 mpg. Especially with a 3 cylinder. I owned a 3 cylinder Geo Metro in 1989 that got 40 mpg city and over 50 mpg on the highway. Weā€™ve regressed since then.

Car manufacturers need to do much betterā€¦.especially with gas at $6.00 a gallon!
If you're driving all wheel drive or four wheel drive and are this concerned about mpg why did you buy one? Front wheel drive vehicles are plentiful. Oh, Newsflash. It is shaped like a box.

Last edited:

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Outer Banks with less than 1000 miles on it. Filled up this morning. Computer indicated 27.8 mpg. Actual calculated 26.5 mpg. All city driving with lots of traffic and stops.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If you're driving all wheel drive or four wheel drive and are this concerned about mpg why did you buy one? Front wheel drive vehicles are plentiful. Oh, Newsflash. It is shaped like a box.
Yeah if someone is looking for best gas mileage Bronco Sport isn't it. And that is well documented in the numerous car reviews online. Anyone who does any type of research before buying would know that.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Iā€™m not going to defend the BSā€™s fuel economy, but to be fair this is not a full-time AWD/4WD system. Itā€™s a front wheel drive with on-demand AWD/4WD. There are vehicles in this market segment that get significantly better mileage, but they do it by looking like squashed jelly beans. Turns out a squashed jelly bean is more aerodynamic than a box. Whodathunkit?

OP
OP

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Outer Banks with less than 1000 miles on it. Filled up this morning. Computer indicated 27.8 mpg. Actual calculated 26.5 mpg. All city driving with lots of traffic and stops.
Iā€™m sure many of the computer calculations are wrong as you describe. Especially if someone thinks they are getting 40 mpgšŸ˜‚

Last edited:

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Iā€™m sure many of the computer calculions are wrong as you describe. Especially if someone thinks they are getting 40 mpgšŸ˜‚
I read these posts and have to wonder how certain people plain deny you cannot improve this engine and cannot see past the window sticker and engine specs. True motor heads look at a engine and think this baby has potentially way more then meets the eye. Same goes back to every engine produced since internal combustion was let loose on the masses. There are hundreds of 5 Star tuning guys that are now getting 250 hp and more. Equally there are hundreds of backyard mechanics now getting 35, 40 and even more mpg. Ignore the guys that tell you it can't be done and set about tweaking your 1.5 beast or dragon in this case to yours hearts content. Ford left massive upgradability in programming, software, hardware and mechanical enhancements for the enthusiasts out there. People have just begun to realize the potential of this engine. Personally I can't wait to discover my next tweak that squeezes one more mile a gallon or 10 more horsepower out my BS.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Iā€™m not going to defend the BSā€™s fuel economy, but to be fair this is not a full-time AWD/4WD system. Itā€™s a front wheel drive with on-demand AWD/4WD. There are vehicles in this market segment that get significantly better mileage, but they do it by looking like squashed jelly beans. Turns out a squashed jelly bean is more aerodynamic than a box. Whodathunkit?
Correct the PTU disconnects the rear drive shaft until slip is detected. So under normal use driving around yes its a front wheel drive.

And yes an Escape AWD with same engine gets 3-4 mpg more because of its jelly bean shape.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm reading all these posts of concerns of "Why is my Bronco Sport not more fuel efficient....1?" WTH., its a sub-compact SUV designed to take you places off-road and not just on-road. Sure we all want the most MPGs we can get... but as others have stated... buy the vehicle that's designed to do that. The Bronco Sport is not it!

However, all that said... it's also a matter of perspective! I'm coming from a 2012 Dodge Ram 5.7 ltr/V8 truck where 13 city and 18 Highway was a good day, lol. So as this point I'm feeling like I'm in a Prius...hehehehe

But seriously, the capabilities and the fuel economy of these Bronco Sports is more than reasonable and then some! Well until our government releases the secret designs on zero-point energy that powers UFO's... then we will not even need all-terrain tires! Where's the fun in that ! hahaha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.