brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I added my cover recently. Just got tired of seeing the exposed topside of the engine. One thing I would add is to shop around. I've noticed there's quite a competitive field out there looking for your business. I'm finding the same is true as I'm still searching for the hood insulation pad.
The write up is great but I am getting conflicting P/N when on different dealer sites... IDK uggh
Sponsored

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the spirit of lets find more "missing" parts in the BS :crazy: ... Bit off topic, but pic below compared to pic above reveals another one (noticed it in another thread). Realize there is, besides the options listed, another subtle difference b/w Base vs Big Bend/Outer Banks noted as "enhanced sound insulation"... Thinking that includes underbody panels and laminated front door window glass among things one wouldn't find in the Base edition. Wonder if pad below is such an item too (is pic of engine above from a Base?)... Figure that pad could help absorb heat and sound?

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions IMG_5400 - Copy
I installed nerfs on my BB and the plastic/felt panels underside do nothing but hold water... I am entertaining removing them fully. I had to cut them to do the install anyway. IMHO

bigbruin

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi - New guy here. Bought my wife an Area 51 Big Bend last month and was a bit annoyed at the rat's nest of wires and hoses under the hood. Dealer said there was never an engine cover before I knew there was one, and once I showed him they said oh well. Did give me credit to buy the pieces to install my own, but told me I needed one of each item from the first post in this thread... Uggh. Got home to do it and realized I needed 3x AA5Z-6N958-A, the short ball stud, and didn't need the long ball stud or the lower insulator piece.

This thread is what saved me, so thanks!

Didn't want to go back, so I measured up the short ball stud and found them on Amazon for way less. If you are looking, the part is a 10mm ball stud, with an M6 thread that is 12mm long.

I bought this, which gives you 4 of them for less than 1 from the dealer...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QTY9QWF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

These are 15mm long and not 12mm long, but I can confirm they fit in all 3 spots you need them.

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 2

So, if anyone needs a couple short ball studs, the long ball stud, or the lower insulator, let me know. Meet up local in Northern New Jersey or just pay shipping.

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 1

Jason

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
So, if anyone needs a couple short ball studs, the long ball stud, or the lower insulator, let me know. Meet up local in Northern New Jersey or just pay shipping.
I need 1x short ball stud because Ford shorted my order to the dealership, would love to take it off your hands since it'd probably get here faster than from them.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
I installed nerfs on my BB and the plastic/felt panels underside do nothing but hold water... I am entertaining removing them fully. I had to cut them to do the install anyway. IMHO
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 1653084527622

Installed nerfs
Same situation
Liner surgical incision
Solution
Heat gun, Kydex & push pins
Molded kydex to liner folds and creases
Pinned into place
Maintained rigidity

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
At least they have the lower engine insulator in stock! Now if we can just get the hood insulators back in inventory :)

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 1653084527622

Installed nerfs
Same situation
Liner surgical incision
Solution
Heat gun, Kydex & push pins
Molded kydex to liner folds and creases
Pinned into place
Maintained rigidity
Interesting solution. 👍🏻

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Bought an engine cover several months ago. Did a little painting on it to dress it up. My '23 OBX arrived on the 11th.

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 100_6559.JPG
I spent yesterday installing the engine cover, redline hood struts, Steeda strut tower brace, and a K&N air filter.

UPDATE: Just bought and installed the hood insulation pad

Last edited:

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Bought an engine cover several months ago. Did a little painting on it to dress it up. My '23 OBX arrived on the 11th. View attachment 33632 I spent yesterday installing the engine cover, redline hood struts, Steeda strut tower brace, and a K&N air filter.
Please forgive a tad off subject - since I’ve not seen this anywhere else and you have a 23 1.5L.
Does your 23 have the software “fire alarm” that the recall is reportedly to install? (Detects drop in pressure in fuel rail, supposingly to indicate cracked & leaking injector) Does it have “different” injectors than those under recall? Also wonder if this “drain tube” will interfere with this engine cover?
Thank you, & I apologize for off subjetc …

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please forgive a tad off subject - since I’ve not seen this anywhere else and you have a 23 1.5L.
Does your 23 have the software “fire alarm” that the recall is reportedly to install? (Detects drop in pressure in fuel rail, supposingly to indicate cracked & leaking injector) Does it have “different” injectors than those under recall? Also wonder if this “drain tube” will interfere with this engine cover?
Thank you, & I apologize for off subjetc …
Honestly don't know if I have that software or not. There are no recalls for my vehicle, so I assume any problems were repaired. Installed the cover myself with no problems. I ordered it several months before my vehicle arrived. There are a very good set of instructions with photos somewhere in this forum.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Honestly don't know if I have that software or not. There are no recalls for my vehicle, so I assume any problems were repaired. Installed the cover myself with no problems. I ordered it several months before my vehicle arrived. There are a very good set of instructions with photos somewhere in this forum.
Thank you, and if you don’t see any kind of ”drain hose” you obviously have updated injector.
thanks again for your reply.

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

jpscott

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Bought an engine cover several months ago. Did a little painting on it to dress it up. My '23 OBX arrived on the 11th.

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 100_6559.JPG
I spent yesterday installing the engine cover, redline hood struts, Steeda strut tower brace, and a K&N air filter.

UPDATE: Just bought and installed the hood insulation pad
Did you have you order the clips for the hood pad separately?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have you order the clips for the hood pad separately?
No. They were attached to the pad. Just put the pad in place and push the pins into the holes on the underside of the hood. The long tails on the bottom tuck into slots.
Sponsored