gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Levittown Ford btw has good prices (though certain parts can have rather pricey shipping costs (depending on zip code naturally) that'll offset their discounted parts costs)... If anyone knows of a good online Ford parts supplier in the New England region please share!
Sponsored

Last edited:

walkinginsanity

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone with the engine cover and insulator both noticed any benefit to stopping the hood shake? This write up was great!

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hood fine before engine cover so thinking may not help for your issue - but who knows. Am planning to add some dynamat like material under the hood (reduces resonance in the metal) before installing hood insulator (when those back in stock).

dannyc928

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thank you very much to the OP for the parts number. The parts guy at Ford was able to easily find the engine cover and mounting studs. They were able to ship the parts over night at no cost. The dealer didn't cover the cost though. I used my Ford Pass points. The cost was $127 and it took 26,444 points to cover it. I thought that was kinda steep but it was free, kinda. Anyways the engine cover was easy to install per the instructions. I am very happy to have it installed. It made the engine look complete. Thanks again!! This is a wonderful forum. I purchased my 2022 BS OB in March. I really like it a lot!

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 20220417_192742

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Both the engines, the 1.5 AND the 2.0 need those engine covers and no owner should have to pay extra for them.
FORD, you need to re think that.
You made a really bad call on that one.
I for one will make sure my next Ford has one or No SALE just on principle.
BTW there is a really nice Chevy dealer two miles up the road from King Ford And they keep twice the inventory on the lot.
Just sayin’

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Is the 2.0 Part number the same as the 1.5?
No.

I don't understand your confusion on this.. You've been given part numbers in other threads and links to threads with all the pertinent information and you keep asking the same questions?

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No.

I don't understand your confusion on this.. You've been given part numbers in other threads and links to threads with all the pertinent information and you keep asking the same questions?
Sorry - my bad as explained. Very hard to find the 2.0 info and you were a big help.

Jamie

Big Bend
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Realize topic has been discussed over and over. Just creating a post that once and for all outlines the situation, parts needed and a simple how to (this would have so helped me).

Beginning mid 2021 Ford stopped including engine covers for BS outfitted with the 1.5 liter Dragon engine (plenty of theories and outrage :)). Besides there being no cover, Ford added a plastic bracket to the right and back of the engine to help hold two hoses in place... Intriguing!

There is a diagram floating around that shows the cover, short metal stud, long plastic stud and a bottom insulator piece. To clarify, diagram does NOT actually represent parts needed to retrofit a BS without an engine cover. Only need 2 of the parts shown and for one of those parts, the short metal stud, 3 are needed.

What you will need:
  • Engine Cover = JX6Z-6A949-B
  • Short, Engine Cover Metal Stud = AA5Z-6N958-A (need 3)
What you will NOT need:
  • Long, Engine Cover Plastic Stud (already installed, used to hold the plastic bracket in place)
  • Bottom Insulator (already installed)
Had followed the diagram and as a result made mistake of ordering ONLY 1 short bolt as well as a long bolt that was NOT needed (noticed bottom insulator was already there so at least avoided that extra purchase).

As for install, it will be obvious where the 3 short mounting bolts go. To remove the bracket, first unclip the hoses or simply cut the zip ties (ties were on tight so left them on and just unclipped hoses from the bracket using a trim tool). Once hoses are free from the bracket, trick will be to pull the bracket out. Easier said than done but it will pop out, just give it a good hard pull straight up. Suggest spraying some WD 40 inside (see pic below) the cylinder section on the right where the bracket is mounted.

And that is it! Hopefully helpful (post is NOT to debate merits or uselessness of an engine cover... nor how cheap Ford is (but they are!) for no longer including one in a $30k+ SUV!) :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions IMG_5254 - Copy
Thank you for letting us know about removing the bracket . I bought to short ball studs and 2 long ball studs. Now I just need 1 more short ball stud.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Adding a personal observation about the ball stud/cover connection
When first installing the ball refused the socket portion of the cover
Not going to seat
Positioned cover properly
Still not happening
Left in place
Took short drive
Motor warmed cover to state of perfect flexibility
Balls popped right into place
Big smile

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions 1651615658609

OP
OP
gcbroncosport

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In the spirit of lets find more "missing" parts in the BS :crazy: ... Bit off topic, but pic below compared to pic above reveals another one (noticed it in another thread). Realize there is, besides the options listed, another subtle difference b/w Base vs Big Bend/Outer Banks noted as "enhanced sound insulation"... Thinking that includes underbody panels and laminated front door window glass among things one wouldn't find in the Base edition. Wonder if pad below is such an item too (is pic of engine above from a Base?)... Figure that pad could help absorb heat and sound?

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions IMG_5400 - Copy

RAZ

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT
Realize topic has been discussed over and over. Just creating a post that once and for all outlines the situation, parts needed and a simple how to (this would have so helped me).

Beginning mid 2021 Ford stopped including engine covers for BS outfitted with the 1.5 liter Dragon engine (plenty of theories and outrage :)). Besides there being no cover, Ford added a plastic bracket to the right and back of the engine to help hold two hoses in place... Intriguing!

There is a diagram floating around that shows the cover, short metal stud, long plastic stud and a bottom insulator piece. To clarify, diagram does NOT actually represent parts needed to retrofit a BS without an engine cover. Only need 2 of the parts shown and for one of those parts, the short metal stud, 3 are needed.

What you will need:
What you will NOT need:
  • Long, Engine Cover Plastic Stud (already installed, used to hold the plastic bracket in place)
Had followed the diagram and as a result made mistake of ordering ONLY 1 short bolt as well as a long bolt that was NOT needed (noticed bottom insulator was already there so at least avoided that extra purchase).

As for install, it will be obvious where the 3 short mounting bolts go. To remove the bracket, first unclip the hoses or simply cut the zip ties (ties were on tight so left them on and just unclipped hoses from the bracket using a trim tool). Once hoses are free from the bracket, trick will be to pull the bracket out. Easier said than done but it will pop out, just give it a good hard pull straight up. Suggest spraying some WD 40 inside (see pic below) the cylinder section on the right where the bracket is mounted.

And that is it! Hopefully helpful (post is NOT to debate merits or uselessness of an engine cover... nor how cheap Ford is (but they are!) for no longer including one in a $30k+ SUV!) :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5L Dragon Engine Cover Parts List and Install Instructions IMG_5254 - Copy

What you will need:
What you will NOT need:

I bought the engine cover and hood insulator from my Ford dealer and did not have to pay for any shipping. You can find the parts online for less but the shipping costs are not worth it. I believe the engine cover serves a useful purpose. There are a lot of hoses, wires and tubes on top of the engine that undergo a lot of vibration during operation. Vibration eventually leads to failure. The cover is molded to hold these in place...My opinion.
Sponsored