1.5l Bronco Sport in the sand?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone got BS stuck good and then use sand mode to get out like crawl mode on Toyota?
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Baby bronco
No issues driving over deep soft sand on TX coast. Had the continentals at stock psi but have upgraded to KO2 tires since then. I thought it performed better than gen 2 Raptor in the same sand environment. My guess was the lighter weight of the BS easily cut thru that sand.

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No issues driving over deep soft sand on TX coast. Had the continentals at stock psi but have upgraded to KO2 tires since then. I thought it performed better than gen 2 Raptor in the same sand environment. My guess was the lighter weight of the BS easily cut thru that sand.
Do you have a link to those tires? I am considering a lift and am looking at what tires peeps are going for. Especially interested in the sand performance when you get back out there!

Hdscreens

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Baby bronco
Ordered mine from tire rack and had Pep Boys install them. I went with black lettering showing and white letters turned inside. No, lift kit on mine just standard height. Thought, about lifting but since I have bigger bronco on order I’ll use that for higher clearance off roading.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=465SR7KO2RWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Do you have a link to those tires? I am considering a lift and am looking at what tires peeps are going for. Especially interested in the sand performance when you get back out there!

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It’s always fun testing the limits of this BB. Had no problems after we got pulled out. The hitch came in handy for this.

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Damn! Looks like that just caked into the treads. Makes me want to get some recovery boards…

What do you usually air down to when driving this kind of trail?
Usually down to 20 at least. This time I didn’t ?‍♂ I was at 30.

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did you try recovery boards? Shovel? And air down to 15 psi?
No recovery boards. Used a shovel. The shovel wasn’t enough. And I didn’t air down because I didn’t have an air compressor on me. My BB was fine at 30 psi for a while out there. I just slowed down too much in the wrong spot.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Every situation is different & going too slow in loose deep Sand will probably stick you every time in the BS. It's all about the feel , I use Low when Slow , take Traction control off . I looked at the screen when in Sand Mode & Traction Control was stated to be still on .

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Every situation is different & going too slow in loose deep Sand will probably stick you every time in the BS. It's all about the feel , I use Low when Slow , take Traction control off . I looked at the screen when in Sand Mode & Traction Control was stated to be still on .
Thank you, I didn’t think of that. I will definitely do that next time. On that topic of traction control, it’s odd how on the BB the traction control switch is on the console and not a traditional button. Thank you again!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Thank you, I didn’t think of that. I will definitely do that next time. On that topic of traction control, it’s odd how on the BB the traction control switch is on the console and not a traditional button. Thank you again!
Thats interesting , I didn't know the BB has a different set up then the OB , I thought all models but the FE & BL were the same . The OB has the TC in the Settings on the display screen or what ever its called .

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thats interesting , I didn't know the BB has a different set up then the OB , I thought all models but the FE & BL were the same . The OB has the TC in the Settings on the display screen or what ever its called .
That’s what I meant, my bad. It’s on the screen. And I played with it this morning. It comes on when I go into sand mode.
Sponsored