Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I just can’t help but wonder, how many people are in the same boat as me?
First, I assume you are referring to the recall involving possible fuel injector cracking with the associated danger of under-hood fire. Your situation is unique in that by law no new-car dealer can sell a vehicle subject to recall until the recall work is complete. There may be people waiting to purchase a car they ordered, but I can't imagine anyone would sign paperwork for a car they can't drive home the same day.

Owners who purchased their vehicles before the recall was issued are free to drive their cars until parts are available—apparently neither Ford nor the NHTSA felt a "don't drive" order was necessary for this recall.
Sponsored

nrussell

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport "Juice"
First, I assume you are referring to the recall involving possible fuel injector cracking with the associated danger of under-hood fire. Your situation is unique in that by law no new-car dealer can sell a vehicle subject to recall until the recall work is complete. There may be people waiting to purchase a car they ordered, but I can't imagine anyone would sign paperwork for a car they can't drive home the same day.

Owners who purchased their vehicles before the recall was issued are free to drive their cars until parts are available—apparently neither Ford nor the NHTSA felt a "don't drive" order was necessary for this recall.

Yes, I was referring to the fuel injector recall. The only reason I agreed to it was because they are providing me a loaner vehicle at no cost while I wait. I just hope the late Feb-March timeframe holds true.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes, I was referring to the fuel injector recall. The only reason I agreed to it was because they are providing me a loaner vehicle at no cost while I wait. I just hope the late Feb-March timeframe holds true.
No, I get why you agreed to the purchase--a cost-free loaner while you wait is quite generous. I would temper your expectations on the time-frame a bit. The reason parts aren't available for the recall is because of Ford's notoriously bad handling of supply chain disruptions due to the COVID pandemic. When those parts DO become available I would expect Ford to supply them to dealerships first so they might service their customers. It might take a bit more time for parts to filter down to everyone else.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Long ago I was getting ready to take “the mini van” (2003 Honda Odyssey) with my kids camping for the weekend out in the country. I asked the Honda dealer when my Tanaka airbag would be in. He pointed me to a lady sitting at a desk at the dealership. She just loaned me another van for free for as long as needed. I drove for 3 months until the airbag came in. I wonder if my Ford dealer would be obliged to do that for this recall.

Things could be worse? There was a recall on the Ford Excursion and Lincoln Navigator last Summer. “Ford recommends parking your Expedition outdoors XX feet from any structures”

Last month, after waiting 8 months, I was ready to go in and have all the missing parts from the delivery installed (engine cover, trim under glove box, hood reflector (?)). I was a few miles from the dealer and, after reading some comments on this board, I turned around. (Afraid they would not give me back my car).

Six years ago, on another Ford Forum a guy could not pick up his Ford until the motion detector for backup sensing was replaced. Safety issue. He might even have had a lawyer look at it. He had to wait.

nrussell

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was done 2 weeks ago.
You’ve had the repair done for the fuel injector recall? Were you notified the parts were available or did you just take it in and they were able to do it?

ZQ8

Big Bend
First Name
BRAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport / Big Bend
Yes injector recall.
They ordered the part (hose). It was done on 01/24/23 and mine was the first one they had done.

nrussell

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes injector recall.
They ordered the part (hose). It was done on 01/24/23 and mine was the first one they had done.

Has anyone else had this repair done? I was under the impression there weren't parts/software update available yet...

Machmslf

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 f150 22 mustang gt
My wife went into the dealer Jan 4th to purchase a new bronco on the lot, they told her about this recall.and said she couldnt have it until jan9th no big deal, its now feb 13th and the dealer has no clue on arrival of parts in canada, does anyone have any insight? She badly wants her new vehicle and i cant blame her if she goes to another manufacturer

nrussell

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife went into the dealer Jan 4th to purchase a new bronco on the lot, they told her about this recall.and said she couldnt have it until jan9th no big deal, its now feb 13th and the dealer has no clue on arrival of parts in canada, does anyone have any insight? She badly wants her new vehicle and i cant blame her if she goes to another manufacturer
Pretty much same situation I'm in. Bought mine on Jan 12, couldn't drive it home until recall was completed (a few days). Found out the next day parts are unavailable. Huh??? Dealership is providing me a loaner until it is fixed. Ford website says parts expected to be available late Feb-March. I have been searching daily for more information since I learned about all of this and can't find anything. I realize it's only mid-Feb now, but with no new information surfacing on this wide-spread issue, I'm beginning to worry I may have agreed to purchase a vehicle I won't see for quite a while.

PaulyDoubleD

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB delivered January 2021
Thank you. Sorry, I had not seen that bulletin yet. I'm still waiting for my dealer to get the part in to do the recall repair and was wondering what it looked like and where it attached. Other than this injector recall, my BS OB manufactured 12/20/20 has dodged the other recalls and I have been quite happy with it after 25,000 miles since taking delivery 1/7/21. It does everything I need it to do in the small SUV form factor with the boxy design that I like. That little 1.5l turbo has plenty of power while getting over 30mpg overall so far.

Reactions: ZQ8

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You’ve had the repair done for the fuel injector recall? Were you notified the parts were available or did you just take it in and they were able to do it?
My dealer has parts but no software updates yet🙄
Sponsored