IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Looks sharp. Wish we could tint windshields here. Besides being helpful it really adds to it.

OP
OP

Raulsouth

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It makes a huge difference should be legal everywhere it does not affect the night driving at all.
That's what I've always heard. We are limited to the top 6" of the windshield here. Rear windows at 20% and front door windows at 35%. We have 100-112 degree heat here in the summer. Sure would be nice to tint that giant greenhouse glass on the front.

OP
OP

Raulsouth

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
How bad was the orange peel? Did your polishing reduce it?
The orange peel was very light so I just gave a quick cut and polish to get rid of the swirl marks from the dealer prep. They are the worst at detailing now days. Cause more damage to the paint then anything

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I've always heard. We are limited to the top 6" of the windshield here. Rear windows at 20% and front door windows at 35%. We have 100-112 degree heat here in the summer. Sure would be nice to tint that giant greenhouse glass on the front.
If you do a ceramic tint that is 60-70% on the windshield, nobody will know but you. It makes a huge difference in the radiant heat. My ex is a redhead and we pretty much had to do it to keep her from getting a sunburn in the car. When the sun is shining in, you will barely be able to feel it on your skin. It really is a game changer. I know it isn’t “legal” but it is such a light tint that nobody would say that it is tinted, but the ceramic will reflect enough infra-red light to save you from the heat.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do a ceramic tint that is 60-70% on the windshield, nobody will know but you. It makes a huge difference in the radiant heat. My ex is a redhead and we pretty much had to do it to keep her from getting a sunburn in the car. When the sun is shining in, you will barely be able to feel it on your skin. It really is a game changer. I know it isn’t “legal” but it is such a light tint that nobody would say that it is tinted, but the ceramic will reflect enough infra-red light to save you from the heat.
Appreciate the info. I'll look into that. I'll be the first to admit I know Jack squat about window tinting. Only rig I've ever had with tint is my current pickup. It was put on at the dealership before I bought it. I don't want to be without it after getting used to it.

AltoAlto

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
I am assuming there is a difference between a ceramic "coat" vs ceramic "tint"? CA seems decently unforgiving on the "only the top for inches - if non reflective"......just want to get my facts straight before trying to convince a shop its okay.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am assuming there is a difference between a ceramic "coat" vs ceramic "tint"? CA seems decently unforgiving on the "only the top for inches - if non reflective"......just want to get my facts straight before trying to convince a shop its okay.
Yes, ceramic tint is much different than a ceramic paint coating.

If you are concerned at all, you could step the windshield tint up to an 80% or maybe even 90% light transmission.