What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Do you like the safe?
Let's hear about the safe, it's the one .........
This is the same safe you get from Console Vault (The company that I have used for every safe I have in all my vehicles) just branded by Ford (So if you want to ditch the Ford Emblem you could save directly from Console Vault maybe, I did not look.

It opens reverse direction then all my other vaults so that did get some use to but I love the 4 digit combo as it is a bit more secure then 3 and does not require you to use a key. I have a habit to UNLOCK it when I enter the vehicle and LOCK it prior to exiting.. as it secures my vehicle self defense firearm.

ANY vault you have in your vehicle is only a deterrence to a criminal HOWEVER, MOST break-ins are "opportunity" strikes and thus they do not want to sit there and find a way in while the alarm goes off. I never park my vehicle "Alone" it is always in higher traffic areas or my property so someone will hear the alarm. If they were specifically after your vault then it would not matter which one you have.

It uses 4 self tapping screws to secure it into the plastic sides of the center console, this is how all of them have worked from Console Vault and never had issue in over a decade with any of them.

The quality is on par with all other Console Vault brands and other brands I have used, it is a deterrent type of secure storage remember.

I can say I have had a vehicle broke into and have had the contents of the vault still intact after the break-in and the vault was discovered.

Hope this answers your questions!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
@RRD & @jazzdab, Thank you both for your honest detailed answers. It seems that the only way it's not safe is if my alarm doesn't go off giving them the time to access it without drawing attention. Definitely sounds like its still worth it if you want to park and not worry.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is the same safe you get from Console Vault (The company that I have used for every safe I have in all my vehicles) just branded by Ford (So if you want to ditch the Ford Emblem you could save directly from Console Vault maybe, I did not look.
I bought directly from ConsoleVault and it came branded with the Ford emblem. They’re an official partner now. It is cheaper to order direct - especially if you can find a coupon code.

Reactions: RRD

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Added fender flares, mud flaps, and 245/65/R17 Falkens with KMC Alpine wheels I love this car. I'm finding new shit this car does every day.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210826_163441

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210826_125303

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210826_163615

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Tinting rears is on my list to do. I also use Maguiars. Rub in the first coat. After that spray on and wash off.
What do you think of the Maguiars? I heard it was harder rubbing that advertised?

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Added fender flares, mud flaps, and 245/65/R17 Falkens with KMC Alpine wheels I love this car. I'm finding new shit this car does every day.
Can you give us an update on how/if the mud flaps* affect your off road capabilities. I am curious if it hinders it drastically for your "normal" or "average" trail driving.

*Edited to make more clear on mud flaps

Last edited:

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
What do you think of the Maguiars? I heard it was harder rubbing that advertised?
Yes I was surprised. My micro fiber cloth stuck to it. But I’m thinking it was because the cloth was cheap. I tried a different towel and it was much better. The towel became saturated after a bit, had to wring it out but then used a drier towel after to make sure all the wax was buffed out. Beads up and sheets pretty good. I’ll continue with spray on maguiars during wash and rinse off. Should be easier. I just want some good protection before the snow and salt flies.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Can you give us an update on how/if the mud flaps* affect your off road capabilities. I am curious if it hinders it drastically for your "normal" or "average" trail driving.

*Edited to make more clear on mud flaps
The mud flaps DO get in the way when four wheeling over larger rocky terrains. They'll get bent back against the body and tear. I've been on some fire roads and the mud flaps are fine. When I know I'm going wheeling, I'll take them off. They're strictly for looks

Reactions: RRD