Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I think I know which 3.5x5 one you're talking about. Been trying to find one locally here in NoVA, unsuccessfully so far.
I hope you find one. We had to search a bit. Found at a Lowes in Woodstock Va a few years back. We find it so useful. Load it up for vacation. Leaves the vehicle free for both our dogs.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
A few years ago I decided a small utility trailer would be a good idea. Then I had sticker shock.

I ended buying a Harbor Freight trailer. It took a few hours to put together and you have to supply the decking, I used plywood. It can fold up and be rolled upright for storage. I built mine so that it does not fold as have no need for that.

It also tilts for easy loading of things like mowers etc ..

I think it has about an 1800 pound weight limit. It's pretty lightweight, around 250-300 pounds???
We have the same one for 4 or 5 years now. As you noted, it folds up on built-in wheels for storage against a wall if needed. We bought it with a friend who has a spare garage bay so we don’t fold it, and between the two of us it gets used quite a bit hauling brush to the dump, returning with compost, trips to the lumber yard, etc. Adding a crossbar frame for our double kayak is next.

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
A few years ago I decided a small utility trailer would be a good idea. Then I had sticker shock.

I ended buying a Harbor Freight trailer. It took a few hours to put together and you have to supply the decking, I used plywood. It can fold up and be rolled upright for storage. I built mine so that it does not fold as have no need for that.

It also tilts for easy loading of things like mowers etc ..

I think it has about an 1800 pound weight limit. It's pretty lightweight, around 250-300 pounds???
I had that one. Had to scrap the axle and wheels as they were crap. Couple of C- notes got me a proper axle wheel and safe tire combo. It pulled great then, sold it to my neighbor when I moved for what I had in it… nice little flat trailer when I was done.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I hope you find one. We had to search a bit. Found at a Lowes in Woodstock Va a few years back. We find it so useful. Load it up for vacation. Leaves the vehicle free for both our dogs.
Thanks. I'll check out Woodstock Lowes next time I'm heading to WV.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I just want add saying that I love seeing these things. I saw them all over Europe. Just hooked up to people's hatchbacks hauling some gardening stuff or whatever. It's seems so logical. Sadly don't see it much in the states.
Sponsored