Brake Squeak

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Anyone experiencing any brake squeak issues? I notice that after I sit in traffic (every day in NYC) I’ll get a squeak when I’m giving light pressure to the brake pedal. A few hard stops seem to make it go away so I’m wondering if it’s just a dust build up or something. This is on a badlands with less than a thousand miles on it.
Sponsored

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Mine squeal when they’ve got desert dust on them. Have been quiet in town.

GrabGames

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a Big Bend and have noticed when I apply light pressure I get a squeal. Once more pressure is applied it does away but can be replicated by pumping the brakes while stopping from light to harder pressures. Im at about 1500 miles currently and am giving it about another 500 miles to really break in. If it doesn't subside I will be taking it in for service.

Reactions: 13.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Not sure if this is the same but i hear the auto/active brake assist slowly trying to activate when youre about to come to full stop and i hear the zzzzztttt sound on them. Since i dont always come to stop many times a day like in busy cities, i just disable the active brake assist

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cheap wear parts. Will have to get better brakes eventually. Start looking.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
My Big Bend had some squeal today, mainly the rears. I was parked on wet grass all day at work (10+ hrs), then parked in a driveway with a small hill. On the way home the noise was there. I stopped at the Ford dealership, of course, service was already closed. Then I drove it for another 20 or so minutes, seems fine. I wonder if it was some rust on rotors or something didn't release correctly.

cdub13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone experiencing any brake squeak issues? I notice that after I sit in traffic (every day in NYC) I’ll get a squeak when I’m giving light pressure to the brake pedal. A few hard stops seem to make it go away so I’m wondering if it’s just a dust build up or something. This is on a badlands with less than a thousand miles on it.
I am having the same issue but mine squeal/whine fairly consistently every day. I am at 1800 miles and plan to take it in for service this weekend.

OP
OP

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
I am having the same issue but mine squeal/whine fairly consistently every day. I am at 1800 miles and plan to take it in for service this weekend.
Let us know what they say when you bring it in.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Brake dust and moisture buildup. I'm guessing the OEM is bimetallic and mine do the same after washing the bronco...or any other vehicle I've had since we hover around 60-85% humidity year round here.

cdub13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Let us know what they say when you bring it in.
Sorry for the late update. I took it in Saturday and the service rep that checked me in pretty much was trying to set the expectation that there was not going to be much (if anything) that would be done to solve the issue. She said another driver brought one in with 4K miles and they were unable to help as well. Supposedly they did a road test (but could not hear the brakes), checked the pads and the rotors, and could not find anything wrong to fix. Supposedly, the feedback from Ford from their OASIS system amounts to "that is just how this model operates and there is nothing to be done about it", which of course I find to be BS. I felt like she was being genuine at times, but who knows how thorough the service techs actually were. The rep also alluded to a few other issues that they have been brought in for and pretty much just trashed Ford for how they rolled these out and how unavailable parts (supposedly) are for them.

I'll likely take it to another dealer at some point when I have to see if they provide the same experience and feedback. I love this vehicle, but if this issue really can't be fixed then I'll probably part with it sooner rather than later. I simply can't imagine driving this thing with this issue in perpetuity.

Reactions: 13.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Sorry for the late update. I took it in Saturday and the service rep that checked me in pretty much was trying to set the expectation that there was not going to be much (if anything) that would be done to solve the issue. She said another driver brought one in with 4K miles and they were unable to help as well. Supposedly they did a road test (but could not hear the brakes), checked the pads and the rotors, and could not find anything wrong to fix. Supposedly, the feedback from Ford from their OASIS system amounts to "that is just how this model operates and there is nothing to be done about it", which of course I find to be BS. I felt like she was being genuine at times, but who knows how thorough the service techs actually were. The rep also alluded to a few other issues that they have been brought in for and pretty much just trashed Ford for how they rolled these out and how unavailable parts (supposedly) are for them.

I'll likely take it to another dealer at some point when I have to see if they provide the same experience and feedback. I love this vehicle, but if this issue really can't be fixed then I'll probably part with it sooner rather than later. I simply can't imagine driving this thing with this issue in perpetuity.
Thats just unacceptable :(
Have you tried disabling the brake assist?
Ford Bronco Sport Brake Squeak 7E1A8B61-4AE8-47DC-8F13-268006C76B93

cdub13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thats just unacceptable :(
Have you tried disabling the brake assist?
Ford Bronco Sport Brake Squeak 7E1A8B61-4AE8-47DC-8F13-268006C76B93
I tried disabling the auto-brake feature and it did not affect the brakes squeaking. I've only tried it for about 15 miles of driving yet so far, but I'll go a bit further and see if it has any effect.
Sponsored