AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ordered OB+OB on 4/15, original build was 5/24, just got the notice it’s pushed back until 6/7. Hope it’s not any longer, was planning on using it for a road trip starting 6/30.
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Ordered OB+OB on 4/15, original build was 5/24, just got the notice it’s pushed back until 6/7. Hope it’s not any longer, was planning on using it for a road trip starting 6/30.
Same as me. Good thing you didn't order that long ago! I ordered on 1/23 LOL. Many us us have had inexcusable wait times. Supply chain or not if you were assigned a production date then they should at least be able to account for material to that schedule day. Ford believes in the opposite of under promising and over delivering..............:facepalm:

Cap

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I purchased March 16, but still no VIN and no production date. Is this unusual?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I purchased March 16, but still no VIN and no production date. Is this unusual?
From what I've read and from personal experience I'd say no. I got VIN 2+ months after ordering. And availability/production haven't gotten any better since.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered a BL on 02/16, has been pushed and pushed. Current build week is 06/07. Dlr had a customer back out on an identical unit and let me have it. I asked if a friend could have my ordered unit and he agreed. My friend does not understand the production problems and is getting frustrated. Told him he can back out any time he wants. Dealer won't care, he will just sell it for more to someone else.

I might be a Bronco buyer some day. But I'm not willing to jump through the hoops to get one. When I can walk into a dealership and drive one home-- maybe.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
All these delays, months and months.
It may take longer,,,
I got mine off the lot back on Dec 19th 2020.
If I was needing a vehicle now and wanted a Bronco Sport of a certain style/model I'd buy a cheap used junker 4x4 POS out of somebody's drive way, go beat the hell out of it, have a ball and wait a year till these things populate the dealers better.
Oh wait I did that 4 years ago when I bought my 2004 AWD Escape for $1,000,,,, I still have it, air still blows cold,
It's a POS,
Runs crappy,
Tranny sucks,
Power steering pump has a slow leak,
Rotary blade coupling failed so it's just FWD now,
Muffler rattles,
I LOVE my beater.
206k miles and it goes down the road just fine...
Just my way of looking at things in this pandemic..
Had one come into my dealer. It was NOT a special order.
Nice one, forgot the trim level.
Sticker was $33,000.
5 Goat modes like my Base 1.5L motor.
$33,000 vs my $28,000 base.
Looked just like mine.
No way in hell I'd pay 5 grand more for the listed extras I saw.
I don't even want to know how much up charge a special order is.
Just saying different models do appear on dealer lots.
It sold the next day.
How about cancelling your special order. Grab one off a lot.
Then two years, or three out when the bugs have been worked out trade in and get that special order in, prolly actually get one...

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I don't even want to know how much up charge a special order is.
My dealer quoted MSRP minus $500 rebate then another $500 off. So $1,000 under MSRP. But I don't have it yet. Still months away.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Does anyone know what the story is on the chips? I heard the supply of chips is down because of all of the computers/tablets being purchased due to the home schooling. I've also heard that this is BS because the chips used for computers and cars and other devices are completely different. Is it because people are still not working in South Korea and Japan where many of these chips are produced? You would think the demand for computers and such would be down enough to almost nothing where the manufacturing of chips could be catching up.
Or is this a symptom of the Great Reset and the plan is to minimize the manufacturing of products in general?
I think I heard somewhere that one of the reasons the semiconductors are in short supply is because of all of the ventilators they made last year. Of course, many more of us have other theories, and again I could be wrong.

Stangman66

Big Bend
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order 2021 Bronco Sport
We have a BS Big Bend with the BB package, trailer hitch, mats no carpet and cargo liner on order. Ordered 3/3/21 now showing a build date of 6/28/21. I watched all my local dealers searching via Ford's web site including the dealer I buy/lease my Fords from (Bill Brown in Livonia, MI.). They had one on order for dealer stock identical to my order, just missing the cargo liner. I asked my sales person to tag it. I highly suggest checking your local dealers and beyond as you can pretty much buy vehicles from anywhere these days. There are a lot of BS's sitting on dealers lots. We pickup our Bronco Sport this week, my wife and daughters are excited! I will miss my F150 though!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We have a BS Big Bend with the BB package, trailer hitch, mats no carpet and cargo liner on order. Ordered 3/3/21 now showing a build date of 6/28/21. I watched all my local dealers searching via Ford's web site including the dealer I buy/lease my Fords from (Bill Brown in Livonia, MI.). They had one on order for dealer stock identical to my order, just missing the cargo liner. I asked my sales person to tag it. I highly suggest checking your local dealers and beyond as you can pretty much buy vehicles from anywhere these days. There are a lot of BS's sitting on dealers lots. We pickup our Bronco Sport this week, my wife and daughters are excited! I will miss my F150 though!
I am hopefully doing the same. Pushing my order out and no communication from the guy I was dealing with... I'm taking what's available

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I just called the Ford Marketing number, 1-800-334-4375, they've always been quick to provide me with an updated production date in the past. The woman on the phone told me they're not able to do that any longer. I'm not sure if this is the case seems odd that something changed from 5 days ago. I may spin the wheel and call again and see if someone else has a different story. My sales person at the dealership hasn't gotten back to me either. Concerned and considering bailing out as this point.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I just called the Ford Marketing number, 1-800-334-4375, they've always been quick to provide me with an updated production date in the past. The woman on the phone told me they're not able to do that any longer.
Sounds like more production date changes are going to be coming....
Sponsored