Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
See that's why I am so damn confused, because mine has the same build date and that is what it shows. When I spoke to Ford on the phone they said it was in the "Body Shop" but could not tell me what step in the manufacturing process that was.
It’s just amazing that they can’t give you a clear answer on where it is.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
When I spoke to Ford on the phone they said it was in the "Body Shop" but could not tell me what step in the manufacturing process that was.
I know with the F150s they inspect the truck after production and if they are not happy with panel alignment or paint etc they get sent to "body shop" to get corrected prior to shipping.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I know with the F150s they inspect the truck after production and if they are not happy with panel alignment or paint etc they get sent to "body shop" to get corrected prior to shipping.
Well if that is the case then it might be closer than I thought. Ill pretend it is lol. Thank you.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
hopefully not this body shop
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport production to be paused due to supply shortages 893CBB7F-0CC0-4187-92EB-C8E1D423CF93

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I spun the wheel and called the marketing line a second time and this time the person was super helpful took my VIN and came back with my latest production date of 05-31-2021 in a few minutes, which shockingly has been moved up a week from 06-07-2021! I'm surprised but can't quite get happy as I seem to get a different story and time from everyone I've spoken with. My sales person is out of the office and texted me saying she checks twice a week and will let me know if anything changes, I don't believe her at this point.

Cactus Gray, BL+BL, Steelies, Tow, CMS etc. ordered 02-03-2021 -> latest prod date 5-31-2021 ?
I gave the same number a try today. The lady was incredibly nice...but had no help or information. She used my vin and sales number to track it through the shop.ford site...well I could do the same. Needelss to say, my dealer hasn't returned any messages or emails, nor have I received any more information on May 17- sometime after whenever. Hopefully I can 'cancel' my order with the original dealer assuming I can find a replacement available.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gave the same number a try today. The lady was incredibly nice...but had no help or information. She used my vin and sales number to track it through the shop.ford site...well I could do the same. Needelss to say, my dealer hasn't returned any messages or emails, nor have I received any more information on May 17- sometime after whenever. Hopefully I can 'cancel' my order with the original dealer assuming I can find a replacement available.
It’s hit and miss on the marketing line. I’d call back and see if a different agent can get you a tentative production date. I think some of them just don’t know how to do it. I’ve called 4 times and only once did I get the person that wasn’t able to get me the build date. I called back 20 minutes later and got a build date with another agent.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It’s hit and miss on the marketing line. I’d call back and see if a different agent can get you a tentative production date. I think some of them just don’t know how to do it. I’ve called 4 times and only once did I get the person that wasn’t able to get me the build date. I called back 20 minutes later and got a build date with another agent.
makes sense. I'd rather my dealer was just straight up with me. She was very nice, said basically the dealer should have full visibility and that I was not in the system, but my vin was associated with the dealership I worked with. She confirmed my order is in the system but had no idea where it was in the process. It's just frustrating because on one end, I know it's moving along, but on the other, the chip and supply issues continue to paint a darker and darker picture and if I have an option to jump to an incoming vehicle instead of waiting, that sacrifice may be worth it.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
makes sense. I'd rather my dealer was just straight up with me. She was very nice, said basically the dealer should have full visibility and that I was not in the system, but my vin was associated with the dealership I worked with. She confirmed my order is in the system but had no idea where it was in the process. It's just frustrating because on one end, I know it's moving along, but on the other, the chip and supply issues continue to paint a darker and darker picture and if I have an option to jump to an incoming vehicle instead of waiting, that sacrifice may be worth it.
I hate that the dealer has “secret” information that I’m convinced they will use against me. It’s such an outdated business model. I just want to but a car online and deal with a service center for warranty work.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I hate that the dealer has “secret” information that I’m convinced they will use against me. It’s such an outdated business model. I just want to but a car online and deal with a service center for warranty work.
Yeah. Considering depressed inventory and going MSRP or sometimes over MSRP prices, IMHO dealer has every incentive to not see the special orders through to make the most $$$ out of it. Sure, call me cynic.

Buck'n

Base
First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2013 Mustang, 67 Mustang
i like the dealer model....it's part of the fun of purchasing a new vehicle! it's the American way!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah. Considering depressed inventory and going MSRP or sometimes over MSRP prices, IMHO dealer has every incentive to not see the special orders through to make the most $$$ out of it. Sure, call me cynic.
Vehicle shortage new and used and a lot of people that will pay inflated prices so a lot of dealers are going to take advantage. Plus dealers can't make money off of volume selling. They are forced to make as much as possible off of each unit. Sellers market and these conditions won't end any time soon.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You two guys are so close ,I would not burn any bridges that you may need to cross . Dealers are only a part of the total.Sometimes they don’t do what is right. I would remain calm and be patient ,the information will start to flow. We are still the customer. Good luck
well said and it's one of the reasons I have held off contacting my original order. The dealer who has what I want minus one insignificant piece could have an 'accident' and sell the car out before I even have a shot. I have some faith, he was the original guy I test drove with so I do have some idea. As you said, the dealer I ordered through has been pretty straight forward, I don't want to burn that bridge if I can hold off a little while longer. It's getting harder and harder knowing one SHOULD be on a lot in a couple weeks...and the other MIGHT start production in a couple weeks with a month to ship it. If it builds on or near on time...no big deal I can wait.
Where my paranoia is creeping in...this looks like the dawn of a big problem...if one is available, and the chip problem grows exponentially...the one I have on order isn't started until July+ I am a fool holding out over a $100 part...its agonizing. As much as I love seeing all the broncos flow in it also makes me more anxious to get behind the wheel of my own.

Reactions: Jrl

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am buying a first edition that appeared on dealer website with window sticker and car photos (in transit, not in stock). does this mean it is truly in transit?

Reactions: Jrl

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am buying a first edition that appeared on dealer website with window sticker and car photos (in transit, not in stock). does this mean it is truly in transit?

i am in the same boat on a BSFE at my local dealer. I am using this link to track it as best as it will do. atleast it tells you if it is truely in transit or not, https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/
Sponsored