Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim B5D7EFFC-46DB-4CF2-BE6A-5A92F9FC6916
Anyone have any good tips on keeping the black plastic trim looking clean. Automatic car wash didn’t work, and even after hand washing it it still looked dull. Today I sprayed some trim shine on it and it helped. Just checking if others have found something that works well.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim B5D7EFFC-46DB-4CF2-BE6A-5A92F9FC6916
Anyone have any good tips on keeping the black plastic trim looking clean. Automatic car wash didn’t work, and even after hand washing it it still looked dull. Today I sprayed some trim shine on it and it helped. Just checking if others have found something that works well.
I had an old dodge ram and it had some sun fade on the black trim and cover. I used turtle wax ICE and it did a really nICE job not only on paint but made the trim a deep black for weeks and water beading...it was good stuff.
Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim xturtlewax_ice.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L57CNYIPeW

OP
OP

Cyclone-2021

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I had an old dodge ram and it had some sun fade on the black trim and cover. I used turtle wax ICE and it did a really nICE job not only on paint but made the trim a deep black for weeks and water beading...it was good stuff.
Ford Bronco Sport Dull Black Trim xturtlewax_ice.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L57CNYIPeW
I get that an old vehicle may get sun faded, but this thing has less than 4000 miles.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
My husband drives a jeep wrangler. That plastic gets dull quick. He uses a tire black on his fenders. But he isn't real fussy. You might want to check some jeep forums for recommendations.

ALC

Outer Banks
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Escape, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I will also recommend Meguiar's Ultimate Black, either in the spray for large areas, or the liquid where spray would hit the paint. I always mask the areas so it does not get on the paint. That is one thing about the Bronco Sport- It has a lot of black plastic.

Reactions: Jrl

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I seem to use Meguiars for just about everything now a days .

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I've only used it once, but I bought a bottle of Meguiars Turtle Wax ICE wax. It's marketed to leave no white residue. That was the main thing I hated about waxing plastic trim pieces because it would glaze up and dull the black. It looks clean on my black trim, despite the pillars picking up swirls just by looking at them.

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've only used it once, but I bought a bottle of Meguiars Turtle Wax ICE wax. It's marketed to leave no white residue. That was the main thing I hated about waxing plastic trim pieces because it would glaze up and dull the black. It looks clean on my black trim, despite the pillars picking up swirls just by looking at them.
I use turtle wax ice on my VW and yes, it's great since you can use it on glass, plastic trim etc. I had my wifes Bronco Sport ceramic coated and mentioned to the detailer how I though the trim was dull. We are having the rear bumper replaced this Weds. the 2nd due to transport damage and once we get it back the guy who detailed and coated our truck said he has a ceramic coating treatment that darkens the trim and will last a few years. I'll give you a heads up how it comes out and who makes it once we get it done

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I get that an old vehicle may get sun faded, but this thing has less than 4000 miles.
It may have a build up of old waxes from the car wash. I'm constantly on the look out for products that deal with trimming restoral. I usually hit my trim with the same stuff I use for the tires.
Sponsored