When to buy? Supply and pricing for the rest of the year?

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
My employer does not unfortunately. I know someone who works for a participating company but my understanding is that I have to reside in their household (as evidenced by address on ID card) in order to participate as their guest.
Join the EAA for $40

Or hold 100 shares of Ford stock for at least 6months

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Or hold 100 shares of Ford stock for at least 6months
Wish I’d known that 6 months ago while I was waiting for my BS to show up. I bought lots of Ford stock when they “almost” went bankrupt. Sold half a few years ago but still have a bunch. At least I made money on the stock!

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks
All the dealers around me their "in stock" mean they have them on order and they will get them in the future (usually weeks months). That is how it is around my area at all of the dealers. They don't have anything on the lot except base models and not many of them either. But if you call you might be able to get one that will be coming in. If you can get at MSRP with $500 rebate consider yourself lucky cause demand high supply very low.
We've had our OB since January. The dealer website lets you filter by in stock, in transit, and dealer ordered. They are now down to 27 in stock. I drove by the dealership today and they have them all lined up on the lot.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I am having the same dilemma, see them on websites, call and they're either a customer's order or they're on order. I'm seriously considering buying one several states away and having it delivered. It does kind of scare the hell out of me buying sight unseen.
Over here in Westchester NY and CT there are some dealers with 2-3 badlands on their lots for sale as well as other models. Just passed this dealer and saw the huge front row of these lined up

https://www.colonialforddanbury.com/all-inventory/index.htm?make=Ford&model=Bronco Sport

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I talked to a dealer in NC this morning that said they will not take X-Plan on Bronco Sports.
Some dealers may not want to take x-plan because per rules they are not allowed to charge the typical $500-$700 for dealer handling (Capped at $100) If dealers are allotted limited number of orders and demand is high perhaps they would rather make an extra $400-$600 off of dealer handling with non x-plan customers. Does anyone know if dealers are limited to number of orders? If not it makes no sense to me why they would deny x-plan.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Some dealers may not want to take x-plan because per rules they are not allowed to charge the typical $500-$700 for dealer handling (Capped at $100) If dealers are allotted limited number of orders and demand is high perhaps they would rather make an extra $400-$600 off of dealer handling with non x-plan customers. Does anyone know if dealers are limited to number of orders? If not it makes no sense to me why they would deny x-plan.
Saw this online: "A dealer is allocated a certain number of cars with better performing dealers getting higher allocations. When you special order a car, it either comes from a spot that the dealer already had allocated for them or one that is not out of any

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Saw this online: "A dealer is allocated a certain number of cars with better performing dealers getting higher allocations. When you special order a car, it either comes from a spot that the dealer already had allocated for them or one that is not out of any
Interesting. Plus some dealers in certain parts of the country are successfully selling all available inventory above MSRP and x-plan would put a damper on that gravy train.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Interesting. Plus some dealers in certain parts of the country are successfully selling all available inventory above MSRP and x-plan would put a damper on that gravy train.
just like the Dodge challenger Demon. They made all this fuss how EVERY order was being tracked by FCA and any dealer selling above MSRP would be punished, lose all stock and ordering of the Demons etc...when I picked up my current car, a guy had one Demon on a personal hauler and dropped $125K cash for a $85K Demon...guessing their math was really bad.
Sponsored