When to buy? Supply and pricing for the rest of the year?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm a Costco member and tried this using their auto sales website -- nothing hit. Either local dealers aren't participating in general or the Sport is specifically excluded. Depending on supply/demand in the area, is there any need right now to discount for Costco members anyway?
I was connected with a dealer two hours from home...didn't make sense. I happened to call a local dealer and low and behold they too were a costco dealer even though it didn't show up. The sport was not excluded. One guy laid it out and said Costco sets the price, no haggling, no whatever. Its supposed to be under MSRP. The X-plan, if you know ANY Ford empolyee you can get an X plan as well as other methods I am less familiar with. Maybe go to your Costco and ask? Or try other zip codes near you. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My employer does not unfortunately. I know someone who works for a participating company but my understanding is that I have to reside in their household (as evidenced by address on ID card) in order to participate as their guest.
If you know anyone who works for Ford, they can give you friends and family X-plan. My roomate from college supplied mine. No need to live in their household.

OP
OP

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I currently see three options since I know no one who has Ford X plan options.

1. increase my budget and try to get a first edition or BL+BL
2. lower my expectations and get a Badlands without badlands package
3. wait until prices drop, which could be a year or more.

Looking and pondering. and wanting to get out of my 9 year old escape.

LeftyLynn

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I currently see three options since I know no one who has Ford X plan options.

1. increase my budget and try to get a first edition or BL+BL
2. lower my expectations and get a Badlands without badlands package
3. wait until prices drop, which could be a year or more.

Looking and pondering. and wanting to get out of my 9 year old escape.
Sounds like you've been in a very similar situation to me. Although my Escape is now 13 years old. I've been waiting for the Bronco Sport to come out FOREVER. Like you, I was also hoping to hold out until incentives were a couple thousand dollars. As time went by this year, I was realizing more and more that's extremely unlikely to happen this year. So, I jumped and got my order in for a BL with BL package on the 04/13 deadline. Just got my build date today for 06/28. I'm hoping they'll still be offering the $500 rebate and to use the X Plan.

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Supply is tight in my neck of the woods; what BL's I see are not under MSRP. Big Bend and Base on the other hand.
I picked up my Sport from my dealer yesterday. They have no new Bronco Sports and they have less that 20 new vehicles of any kind on the lot. Supply is really down.
I just checked the website of the dealer I got mine from. They currently have 34 in stock:

13 Outer Banks
11 Big Bend
8 Badlands
2 Base

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I just checked the website of the dealer I got mine from. They currently have 34 in stock:

13 Outer Banks
11 Big Bend
8 Badlands
2 Base
All the dealers around me their "in stock" mean they have them on order and they will get them in the future (usually weeks months). That is how it is around my area at all of the dealers. They don't have anything on the lot except base models and not many of them either. But if you call you might be able to get one that will be coming in. If you can get at MSRP with $500 rebate consider yourself lucky cause demand high supply very low.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
All the dealers around me their "in stock" mean they have them on order and they will get them in the future (usually weeks months). That is how it is around my area at all of the dealers. They don't have anything on the lot except base models and not many of them either. But if you call you might be able to get one that will be coming in. If you can get at MSRP with $500 rebate consider yourself lucky cause demand high supply very low.
I am having the same dilemma, see them on websites, call and they're either a customer's order or they're on order. I'm seriously considering buying one several states away and having it delivered. It does kind of scare the hell out of me buying sight unseen.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I am having the same dilemma, see them on websites, call and they're either a customer's order or they're on order. I'm seriously considering buying one several states away and having it delivered. It does kind of scare the hell out of me buying sight unseen.
If they don't even have a window sticker you know its months away from arriving at the dealer. With ongoing delays if its not built and on the train no saying when it will arrive. And I am seeing plenty out there listed "in stock" and they don't even have a window sticker yet. So it appears dealers are trying to sell units that are not even built yet....and I would imagine a lot off buyers calling too....

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If they don't even have a window sticker you know its months away from arriving at the dealer. With ongoing delays if its not built and on the train no saying when it will arrive. And I am seeing plenty out there listed "in stock" and they don't even have a window sticker yet. So it appears dealers are trying to sell units that are not even built yet....and I would imagine a lot off buyers calling too....
yep, guy I worked with said it's a crappy tactic. Dealers list stock they don't even have, or have custom ordered for a buyer, just to get people in the door. The green stickers are orders. But he said some of those orders are 'available' when the buyer backs out or changes their mind. He said it's just a crazy market right now.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
yep, guy I worked with said it's a crappy tactic. Dealers list stock they don't even have, or have custom ordered for a buyer, just to get people in the door. The green stickers are orders. But he said some of those orders are 'available' when the buyer backs out or changes their mind. He said it's just a crazy market right now.
Yeah it is bad. Demand sky high and production availability rock bottom....

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Got my build date for 6/28 today along with a lot of others for the one I ordered on March 22nd. Figuring out it will take 3 to 4 weeks after that to arrive puts it into the middle or end of July. No matter though as I canceled that one and bought one that was on the way through another dealer. It's off the train now and waiting for the last 150 mile truck ride here. If that original order build date holds, that's about four months from order to delivery.

OP
OP

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The Cyber orange had been my first choice in color, and I missed a FE in cyber orange 4 miles from my house that went for MSRP. But they have a Rapid red metallic FE that is due to deliver the week of may 11 that I am doing the paperwork on right now. My wife likes the red better, so I am happy with how things are working out.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
After months of not so patiently waiting for my BL +BL, I bit the bullet and put a deposit on a FE in CG(my 1st color choice). It is on the train in AZ now heading to FL. The unfortunate caveat for me, is that I'm going to have it delivered since I'm 4 states away. I am a little terrified of buying sight unseen but it is new and has warranties. Has anyone else had any vehicle shipped? If so, how was your experience? Thanks!

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I ordered my BL BL + Cactus Grey Nov 30th. Order went in Dec 2nd. Took delivery last Friday April 23rd. Paid sticker ($40,045) minis xPlan. Received about 50,000 service points as well. My dealer only had 1 Outer Banks and 4 lesser models in stock. And speaking of stock of any vehicle — not much. What they do have is ‘edging’ around about four football fields of empty space! Sooooo glad I ordered sight unseen! I went back to the dealer to order a hitch cover and was approached by two different people wondering if it was dealer stock. I was giving tours!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I talked to a dealer in NC this morning that said they will not take X-Plan on Bronco Sports.
Sponsored