When to buy? Supply and pricing for the rest of the year?

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have been eyeing the BS BL+BL, plus copilot, and trailer tow for some time. For my situation, I just could not jump when prices were above MSRP. I had hoped to be able to wait till prices were a couple $K below MSRP. Prices seem to be down to MSRP but I am worried that much below MSRP may not happen this year. It does not seem like there is enough BL+BL for dealers to discount the BL+BL any. What is the general consensus on supply and pricing for the rest of the year?
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
You should have bought. I have the BL + BL with copilot and tow package and am getting it $500 below MSRP. Should be in next week.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You will have to wait for another ford sale. We got ours like 1k under MSRP + some accessories from the dealer + the $210 ford pass points.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I can only guess now is the worst time to buy a sport. All parts are limited and supply is well below demand. MY22 is around the corner and with sales and production of the Bronco starting in June, those who can't get a Bronco will either give up or look to the Sport. If I had to guess, q3 /q4 fall and winter could be a good chance, or early next spring assuming covid isn't the wrecking ball we have currently with parts, chips, workers, etc.
If you can find a Badlands with package and close to what you want at a price you can live with...jump. gonna be hard to find. But it seems like a lot of buyers are backing out and manikins will release soon.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have been eyeing the BS BL+BL, plus copilot, and trailer tow for some time. For my situation, I just could not jump when prices were above MSRP. I had hoped to be able to wait till prices were a couple $K below MSRP. Prices seem to be down to MSRP but I am worried that much below MSRP may not happen this year. It does not seem like there is enough BL+BL for dealers to discount the BL+BL any. What is the general consensus on supply and pricing for the rest of the year?
Since 4/15 was the last day to order a badlands trim I doubt you will find one under msrp....wait til next year or start calling local dealers and test your luck

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Supply is tight in my neck of the woods; what BL's I see are not under MSRP. Big Bend and Base on the other hand.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
I picked up my Sport from my dealer yesterday. They have no new Bronco Sports and they have less that 20 new vehicles of any kind on the lot. Supply is really down.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
You will have to wait for another ford sale. We got ours like 1k under MSRP + some accessories from the dealer + the $210 ford pass points.
Same here, but back In December 2020
Nothing but small price Increases will follow then comes the rebate game.. Mark em' up then mark em down.
Homey don't plat dat game no sir. :p

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you have costco...allegedly they set the price and the dealer is bound to it for what that may be worth.
I'm a Costco member and tried this using their auto sales website -- nothing hit. Either local dealers aren't participating in general or the Sport is specifically excluded. Depending on supply/demand in the area, is there any need right now to discount for Costco members anyway?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'm a Costco member and tried this using their auto sales website -- nothing hit. Either local dealers aren't participating in general or the Sport is specifically excluded. Depending on supply/demand in the area, is there any need right now to discount for Costco members anyway?
Car makers with inventory they can't move send it to Costco.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
You will be lucky to even get a BL with BL Package this year. Can't order one after April 13'th, on going production delays, sky high demand, and they aren't sitting on lots. Discount? If anything we will probably be seeing higher marks up given the supply demand and the fact no more BL BL orders accepted for '21 model year....
Sponsored