wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We picked up our Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Area 51 on Sunday.

We went out with no intention on buying anything, just hoping to narrow down our choices. We had 3 cars and were driving nowhere during the pandemic and my Fiancée and I are both WFH with the option to stay remote after the pandemic so we wanted to offload my old Infiniti QX4 4WD (camping/snow) rig and trade in her coupe for a "better" version of the QX4. After looking at a bunch of SUVs and none of them meeting all of our criteria, my Fiancée begged me to swing by the Ford dealer so she could see the Bronco Sport in person. She didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago when I told her a new Bronco was coming out. I discounted the Bronco Sport at first since the big upcoming Bronco is more my speed, but wow this car impresses in person. The dealer was pushing for a $2K markup and lowballed her trade in but after negotiations the OTD moved over $5k in our favor, at which point the numbers worked. After downsizing from 2 paid off old cars, but paying insurance/registration on them, the Bronco Sport costs us about $200 more per month and is well worth it. It was both of our first experiences buying a brand new car, and we even bought the showroom model so it was pretty neat watching it get driven out the double doors.
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_5786m.JPG
Sponsored

AnotherBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Well Hi there, I am a Jeep and Bronco guy from way back. Not sure about this Sport version yet with no transfer case. I am also on the FS Bronco forum but to spend the $60K for what I want there is a bit much as I already have a JKUR fully modded. Probably will leave the Sport stock, maybe a larger tire. Looking at the BL in Rapid Red or the Grey. Also not sure about a tiny 2.0 4 banger with a turbo. My rough off road days are over, just over it. Done all the big ones. Places the sport would never go. My dealer says MSRP is all he can do for now so that puts me at $38K + T&L.
I see some here have had some loss and I do feel with them. Lost only daughter 4 years ago from diabetes and only son last year from brain cancer. Wife left 20 years ago. Life goes on.

b_wilson271

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Bronco Sport
Very nice, is that the one from Cochrane Ford? I took it for two test drives (both with huge grins on my face) before confidently putting in my factory order. Probably should have just grabbed that one as now you're enjoying it while I wait for months for mine to be built and delivered!
Yes it is. I bought it the first time seeing it. I had been looking to just set eyes on one. I was going to buy a black badlands but it was missing the badlands extra package that we really wanted. Once I had the keys to this one it was mine not a chance I was walking away without it.

Bird

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
We took Broncoli to get his first look at the beach yesterday. Cactus gray was made for the beach, right? Broncoli has sand inside him now, so he is consecrated.. We also just got the ORV permit to drive on Sandy Neck Beach ...yay!
?
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 78CB1581-173F-4FE2-BD32-3D8BC31B8001

Last edited:

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Patiently waiting for my new BS BB+BB. Learned more from this forum than I have from the dealers (visited several). I've hated the looks of my last three Escapes. Loved my original 2007 Escape. It's time to trade in my '18 and glad the Bronco Sport brings back the lines of the first Escapes. Can't wait to transfer my rack from my Escape to the Bronco Sport and head down some fire roads to the canoe launches.
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? boats escape 1

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
So I am ready to move on from the 2008 Mariner. As COVID has started to calm-down, I have to start driving to work more often.
As I turned on to the highway this morning water came dripping down from the wire harness for my compass module. We had a fairly good rainstorm last night. This is the second roof leak that I now have to deal with and I am done. I hit my goal of 200,000 miles and I am ready to trade in for Bronco Sport. The roof leak and engine oil leak has me and I am ready to say "good bye, mariner"

I am looking at and Outer banks trim w/o the Outer banks enhancement package. I want no part of a moon roof ever again.

I currently have the following.
2014 Edge SEL
2008 Mariner Base with some DIY addons
2014 Jeep patriot, died

espressomac

Badlands
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Eariler this month, on March 1, my wife finally took ownership of her long awaited Bronco Sports Badlands. She got one with all the goodies including the Badlands Package and the carbonized gray aluminum wheels with the WildPeak A/T tires. Here she is picking it up at the dealer.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? Picking up Bronco Sport at dealer

So far, she loves, loves it. Her previous cars were an Infiniti EX35, an Audi Q5, and most recently a Lincoln MKC. Of all those, the Bronco Sport is her favorite. Then again, as a lover of the outdoors, I think the Bronco Sport was made for her.

Within a few days of taking ownership, she started outfitting it, and a few weeks later, on the roof, she had installed Yakima RailBar crossbars (more on that in a different post) and to those she attached Yakima JayLow kayak holders and an ARB awning. From her previous car she hooked up a Softride Alumina 3-bike rack to the trailer hitch.

With all that she was ready to take it out on its first adventure here in Florida. Naturally, on the way there she stopped by REI, her favorite store.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? REI sto

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? First camping tri

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? First camping trip 3

She decided to test the Bronco Sport as a sleeper car on her first trip.
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? Interior setu

To keep her company, she outfitted it with a Dometic CFX 28 powered cooler so she could keep her Guinness nice and cold.
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? First camping trip 4

To ensure a great night’s sleep, she uses an Exped sleeping mat and to keep the light out she got the Weathertech custom SunShades.

She is one happy lady. And I’m still waiting to see another Bronco Sport out in the wild so I can at least wave at them.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Eariler this month, on March 1, my wife finally took ownership of her long awaited Bronco Sports Badlands. She got one with all the goodies including the Badlands Package and the carbonized gray aluminum wheels with the WildPeak A/T tires. Here she is picking it up at the dealer.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? Picking up Bronco Sport at dealer

So far, she loves, loves it. Her previous cars were an Infiniti EX35, an Audi Q5, and most recently a Lincoln MKC. Of all those, the Bronco Sport is her favorite. Then again, as a lover of the outdoors, I think the Bronco Sport was made for her.

Within a few days of taking ownership, she started outfitting it, and a few weeks later, on the roof, she had installed Yakima RailBar crossbars (more on that in a different post) and to those she attached Yakima JayLow kayak holders and an ARB awning. From her previous car she hooked up a Softride Alumina 3-bike rack to the trailer hitch.

With all that she was ready to take it out on its first adventure here in Florida. Naturally, on the way there she stopped by REI, her favorite store.

To keep her company, she outfitted it with a Dometic CFX 28 powered cooler so she could keep her Guinness nice and cold.

To ensure a great night’s sleep, she uses an Exped sleeping mat and to keep the light out she got the Weathertech custom SunShades.

She is one happy lady. And I’m still waiting to see another Bronco Sport out in the wild so I can at least wave at them.
Congrats and great report! Who the heck doesn't want to go camping after seeing that rig in all its accompaniments!?

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands

This has to be the coolest "I finally got my Bronco Sport" post I've ever seen. Congrats to you and your wife! Those pics REALLY have me even more excited to pick up my Alto Blue BL+BL when I finally get the call.

SirCycO

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My name is Bill, I am 52 and live in the Seattle Metro area. Just picked up ours this past Sunday. We named her "Bumble". Badlands in Cyber Orange, absolutely love this color! I was looking for a replacement for our 2010 Escape and absolutely LOATHE the change to them in 2013. This reminds me so much of how the Escape used to be, but with the Bronco badge i love it even more.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 1617219048890

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi. Northeast Oklahoma. New to Ford. Have owned about 20 of another 4wd SUV, down to 2 now.

My wife fell for an Area51 Badlands. It was sold so I got calling and found a mannequin. Full MSRP. No D-Plan. All accessories go with it (for full price). Well, we would NEVER go that route!

except we did.

it is a total blast. So glad we went with it. It is perfect for our ‘roads’. Fording nearly 2 feet? Great. That is called getting home. You have no idea how many dark nights we’ve spent trying to find a passable route.

kapk22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Hi everyone from Southern Oregon

glad to be part of the group. We have not purchased a BS yet. Actually planning on driving one tomorrow after work to see if my fiancé likes it enough for her daily driver. She is a home health nurse locally and basically works out of her car all day. Her current vehicle is a 2010 Ford Edge.
We have narrowed it down to a BS, Toyota Rav4, or Explorer. I am fairly confident she will like the BS most out of the three.

Last edited:

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
We picked up our OB on March 23. Love it so far. Got 9 Accessories for the Bronco. One we did want...if interested we have the inside bicycle rack available.
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? F98B27E8-6779-4F8B-BC4B-0365C86D2E99

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi all!
I'm glad to find this forum. I felt kinda strange because I am one of the only people in town with my Bronco Sport and when I would try to look online for info I couldn't really find any. I feel like i've found a community to talk to people about it with. I'm excited.
Sponsored