2021 Ford Bronco Sport vs. Jeep Cherokee vs. Mazda CX-5

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I'm not surprised by the ordering here, Car and Driver is written with street performance in mind. They also didn't use the top end BL+BL but the other two sounded like they were loaded.

Their complaints about the seats in the Sport mirror my own, which is why I went with Cherokee instead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fossil

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
CX-5 seems like an odd car to compare the other two to. It's meant for maximum on road comfort and not for off roading at all.
Like in many things you have to consider the source. Car magazine = car review.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am finding the common complaint in reviews that the seats are uncomfortable or lacking in cushioning. While I agree some things are missing, and I also have a nagging lower back injury, is everyone experiencing the seat issues as well? That was a "con" in this review specifically.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I am finding the common complaint in reviews that the seats are uncomfortable or lacking in cushioning. While I agree some things are missing, and I also have a nagging lower back injury, is everyone experiencing the seat issues as well? That was a "con" in this review specifically.
It's really going to vary person to person. You'll need to test drive one yourself to find out. Softer seats are not necessarily better, there's a lot that goes into seat comfort.

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
They are the shallowest car seats I have sat in. I'm only 5'8" so it's a minor nag for me. But a very noticeable one.

I'm very satisfied with every other aspect of the seats.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
A lot of complaints about the seats. I sat in a Big Bend and didn't think the seats were all that bad. Are the badlands seats not the same with just different material? I have a Badlands with the Badlands package on order so I hope the leather seats are nicer.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I did not read the article. I got my OB almost 2 months ago. The minute I sat in it, I knew it was the one. The hood took me all of 2 days to get used to. The seats are perfect for me. Except all the new electronic stuff, I felt like had driven this vehicle forever.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
I did not read the article. I got my OB almost 2 months ago. The minute I sat in it, I knew it was the one. The hood took me all of 2 days to get used to. The seats are perfect for me. Except all the new electronic stuff, I felt like had driven this vehicle forever.
What’s wrong with the hood?

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
A lot of complaints about the seats. I sat in a Big Bend and didn't think the seats were all that bad. Are the badlands seats not the same with just different material? I have a Badlands with the Badlands package on order so I hope the leather seats are nicer.
They are the same depth. So if the BB worked for you, the BL will as well.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
What’s wrong with the hood?
To be honest it's one of the area where form was chosen over function. The front of the vehicle being square with those big lumps reduces visibility up front. I mean cars used to be designed that way, it just takes some getting used to.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
The leather seats in my OB are the most comfortable I have had. They are shallow, though I am 6'7" so they all are shallow. My previous car was a CX-5 and hands down the OB is more comfortable. My wife refused to take long trips in the CX-5 because she hated the seats. She loves the OB seats.