BigB'sBrono21

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Those look great on there! That is what I plan on putting on mine when the factories need replaced.
Sponsored

TJR29

Big Bend
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Looks fantastic! I want to do the same thing, but feel guilty getting rid of a brand new set of tires from the factory. How do you go about selling the old tires? Would be cool if Ford just let you swap them out lol. Thanks!

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is it possible to make an adjustment so speedometer matches? Or is that something that you just live with?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks great. The optional set on the Badlands is 'only' a 29" tire, and that setup has a 1" greater (8.8") ground clearance than the Big Bend -- not including the optional bigger tires. Those only add 1/2" to the tire, or I'd suppose 1/4" ground clearance anyway. The point being -- are you really sure about fender strikes/rubbing? Time will tell, I'm sure. The trail rig concept is a Badlands with 31" tires PLUS an additional 1" suspension lift -- so I'd guess +2 1/2" for a total 11" + ground clearance on that one (lift, tires and all), accommodated by both the factory 1", and 1" additional custom lift. Of course performance and handling are other considerations for what to mount -- clearance isn't the only one. You could be "just right."

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is it possible to make an adjustment so speedometer matches? Or is that something that you just live with?
It shouldn't effect the speedometer since the only thing being changed from the factory tires is the width, right? The aspect ratio and diameter of the tire are the same as the factory tires. Or am I wrong?

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here it is! Some new shoes on the Big Bend!

Falken WildPeak A/T3W -- 245/65R17

Bronco Sport Tires Falken WildPeak A:T3W -- 245  65R17.jpeg
I feel a little dumb following up with the rubbing question, but since this is exactly what I am hoping to do.....

...still no rubbing even when you are turned all the way over? This looks awesome!

OP
OP
redHOOD830

redHOOD830

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
I feel a little dumb following up with the rubbing question, but since this is exactly what I am hoping to do.....

...still no rubbing even when you are turned all the way over? This looks awesome!
after driving for a couple days now I haven’t noticed any rubbing

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Looks great. The optional set on the Badlands is 'only' a 29" tire, and that setup has a 1" greater (8.8") ground clearance than the Big Bend -- not including the optional bigger tires. Those only add 1/2" to the tire, or I'd suppose 1/4" ground clearance anyway. The point being -- are you really sure about fender strikes/rubbing? Time will tell, I'm sure. The trail rig concept is a Badlands with 31" tires PLUS an additional 1" suspension lift -- so I'd guess +2 1/2" for a total 11" + ground clearance on that one (lift, tires and all), accommodated by both the factory 1", and 1" additional custom lift. Of course performance and handling are other considerations for what to mount -- clearance isn't the only one. You could be "just right."
You can only increase the minimum ground clearance via tires so going from the BL with optional 29" tires and 8.8" of ground clearance (it's only 8.8" with the optional 29" tires) to 31" tires will only get you another inch of ground clearance (depending on tire brand and exact size but within a tenth or so). 2" bigger nets an inch of extra ground clearance. Still 9.8" is solid if Ford actually offers the trail rig concept or others do (which we know is coming).

WhiskeyHawk

Big Bend
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

245/65/17 -confirmed no rubbing on full lock.
Ford Bronco Sport NEW TIRES on BS Big Bend (Falken WildPeak A/T3W -- 245/65R17) DC5E7C5D-ADAD-43ED-B254-A07C9F506979
245/

WhiskeyHawk

Big Bend
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Looks like you have exactly the build I'm going for, by the way. What is your crossbar/basket combo? Do you have the BB package?
The Bronco was on display and was one of the last two at the dealer. It came with that set up. The cross bars are Yakima (timberline) and the basket is Yakima (Offgrid).
Sponsored